Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bawse

Brady Suspended 4 Games, Pats Lose 1St Round Pick In 2016, Fined $1 Mill

162 posts in this topic

If a kicker accused Tom Brady of cheating and didn't have proof, he'd be laughed at on 'Sportscenter' and you know it. The only reason his account was reported now is because of the context of the larger scandal. I keep hearing radioheads say that 'everybody does it' but only the Pats were accused and caught doing it. That is lazy on the part of the commentators to make the statement without proof, but they blast the league because they say they acted without proof. Sounds two-faced to me.

A.J. Feeley isn't a kicker dude, that's Jay Feely who used to kick for the Falcons among a lot of other teams. A.J. Feeley used to be a backup QB with the Eagles and then the Dolphins traded a 2nd round pick for him and made him their starter and he flopped and ended up back in Philly.

A.J. Feeley isn't a kicker dude, that's Jay Feely who used to kick for the Falcons among a lot of other teams. A.J. Feeley used to be a backup QB with the Eagles and then the Dolphins traded a 2nd round pick for him and made him their starter and he flopped and ended up back in Philly.

Ahhh haaaaa! Of course I knew that and got them confused... again. But beyond my brain fart, the logic still holds that a backup QB taking on the mighty Pats would be laughed out of the league.

39033011.Bonehead2.jpg

Ahhh haaaaa! Of course I knew that and got them confused... again. But beyond my brain fart, the logic still holds that a backup QB taking on the mighty Pats would be laughed out of the league.

39033011.Bonehead2.jpg

Actually I disgree. It wouldn't have been hard to look at video shot from the game (especially with all the different video cameras that broadcast networks use, plus NFL Films) and find video of Brady using an old worn ball instead of a brand new slick ball.

Actually I disgree. It wouldn't have been hard to look at video shot from the game (especially with all the different video cameras that broadcast networks use, plus NFL Films) and find video of Brady using an old worn ball instead of a brand new slick ball.

It's just Feeley's word, and it means nothing in all of this except that it's more believable in light of everything else that's happened. I do firmly believe that the Patriots have cheated many more times and in other ways that we don't even know about. Basically, what we do know is that the evidence gathered by Ted Wells is clear and convincing. The text messages between Brady and the two Patriots staffers, one known as the Deflator, the disappearance of the footballs moments before kickoff, the history of cheating, Brady's stonewalling of the investigation all lead to the conclusion that Brady cheated.

It's just Feeley's word, and it means nothing in all of this except that it's more believable in light of everything else that's happened. I do firmly believe that the Patriots have cheated many more times and in other ways that we don't even know about. Basically, what we do know is that the evidence gathered by Ted Wells is clear and convincing. The text messages between Brady and the two Patriots staffers, one known as the Deflator, the disappearance of the footballs moments before kickoff, the history of cheating, Brady's stonewalling of the investigation all lead to the conclusion that Brady cheated.

It does mean something when the Patriots were actually reprimanded for it 2 weeks after the said game Feeley was talking about. And like I said there's video proof somewhere of it.

It does mean something when the Patriots were actually reprimanded for it 2 weeks after the said game Feeley was talking about. And like I said there's video proof somewhere of it.

The league didn't want to hear it back then. The Colts forced their hands in Deflategate. Now, Karlos Dansby and Marvin Lewis are also on record. Everybody knew it and in spite of 'everybody doing it', nobody is complaining about anybody else. I wonder why?

The league didn't want to hear it back then. The Colts forced their hands in Deflategate. Now, Karlos Dansby and Marvin Lewis are also on record. Everybody knew it and in spite of 'everybody doing it', nobody is complaining about anybody else. I wonder why?

Everybody doing what? Playing with deflated balls?

Just want to see this it's a deflate keeps a **** okay it's a football it has less air it doesn't mean a **** thing that's not cheating okay who gives a crap about a football is not like the defense had to use it it's the offense okay is the same football so

Everybody doing what? Playing with deflated balls?

Yah. The common lament on ESPN Radio is some guy calling in and complaining about the sanctions because 'in my mind, everybody's doing it, so why pick on Brady?'. I want to ask the host and those jackasses to define who 'everybody' is. Clearly, Andrew Luck's balls were not deflated in the playoff game. Brady and Manning fought for the right to use preferred balls instead of 14 brand new ones each week, yet that wasn't enough, I guess.

I find the whole episode silly to the extreme and the league should be embarrassed by the fact that it happened and that they let it get out of control. They should have slapped the Pats with a token fine and a threat in December instead of going through another months-long investigation that required some kind of action to make it appear they were serious about the integrity of the game. But the only person who was caught was Tom Shady, so without attribution, I'm not buying the 'everybody's doing it' line.

Falconsfan567 and Borat like this

Yah. The common lament on ESPN Radio is some guy calling in and complaining about the sanctions because 'in my mind, everybody's doing it, so why pick on Brady?'. I want to ask the host and those jackasses to define who 'everybody' is. Clearly, Andrew Luck's balls were not deflated in the playoff game. Brady and Manning fought for the right to use preferred balls instead of 14 brand new ones each week, yet that wasn't enough, I guess.

I find the whole episode silly to the extreme and the league should be embarrassed by the fact that it happened and that they let it get out of control. They should have slapped the Pats with a token fine and a threat in December instead of going through another months-long investigation that required some kind of action to make it appear they were serious about the integrity of the game. But the only person who was caught was Tom Shady, so without attribution, I'm not buying the 'everybody's doing it' line.

Agreed.

The Pats are not appealing the penalties against the franchise.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12913741/robert-kraft-says-new-england-patriots-appeal-deflategate-punishment

Robert Kraft: Patriots Won't Appeal Deflategate Punishment
Mike Reiss, ESPN Staff Writer
SAN FRANCISCO -- New EnglandPatriots owner Robert Kraft said the reigning Super Bowl champions will accept their punishment from the NFL in the Deflategate investigation.
Robert Kraft said the Patriots will "accept reluctantly" their punishment handed down by the NFL and Roger Goodell following the Deflategate investigation.
The Patriots were fined $1 million and docked two draft picks -- a first-rounder in 2016 and a fourth-rounder in 2017 -- by the NFL after an investigation found that star quarterback Tom Brady was "at least generally aware" of a scheme to illegally deflate footballs for the AFC Championship Game.
Striking a conciliatory tone, Kraft said Tuesday that the Patriots will not appeal the penalties.
"Although I might disagree what is decided, I do have respect for [commissioner Roger Goodell] and believe that he's doing what he perceives to be in the best interests of [all 32 teams]," Kraft said, while speaking to the media at the NFL owners meetings. "So in that spirit, I don't want to continue the rhetoric that's gone on for the last four months.
"I'm going to accept, reluctantly, what he has given to us and not continue this dialogue and rhetoric. We won't appeal."
The league also suspended Brady for four games, a punishment the three-time Super Bowl MVP is appealing through the National Football League Players Association. George Atallah, the NFLPA's executive director of external affairs, tweeted shortly after Kraft's announcement that Brady will continue his appeal.
Kraft, who did not take questions from reporters Tuesday, was critical of the NFL's handling of the incident, saying that the process "has taken way too long." He called the past few weeks "emotionally charged" and noted that he had two options -- "to end it or extend it."
Kraft also reflected on when he first became an NFL owner in 1994.
"I vowed at that time that I would do everything I could to make the New England Patriots an elite team -- and hopefully respected throughout the country -- and at the same time, do what I could to help the NFL become the most popular sport in America," he said.
The NFL and the Patriots previously had been engaged in talks to resolve their differences without an appeal or possible litigation, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
Kraft and Goodell sat down and talked "for quite a long time" before hugging at a birthday party Saturday night in New York for CBS Sports chairman Sean McManus, an industry source told Schefter.

They probably decided not to appeal after they discovered that Brady smashed his cell phone. It sucks the two equipment guys got fired for Brady.