Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bawse

Brady Suspended 4 Games, Pats Lose 1St Round Pick In 2016, Fined $1 Mill

162 posts in this topic

If anything, the Pats should count their blessings that they are only losing Brady for four games. Dude was apart of Spygate and now this BS. Should have been half the season or an entire season. That organization is corrupt.

Has nothing to do with the Falcons. Therefore, does not go in TATF.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I keed, I keed.

Pats went 11-5 when Brady broke his leg. They'll still win their division, be in the playoffs probably get to the AFCCG and make some trades to get another first.

Also $1M isn't **** to Robert Kraft it's pocket change to him. That money isn't against the cap.

Their division isn't gonna be a walk in the park for them no more and they didn't make the playoffs that year.

Mike Florio is going nuts on twitter. How long before he whines about Atlanta's "lack" of punishment. Brady got what he deserved. Clearly he knew what was going on and ordered those balls deflated.

That's too soft, particularly the Brady part. This is cheating at its cheapest level, and the fact that the Pats won the SB makes it worse. If the league had any doubt that Brady had knowledge of this then they should not have punished him at all. But if they feel, beyond reasonable doubt, that he knew about this, then he should, at the very very least, sit the entire year out (including any postseason), and his latest SB win should be officially taken off his record.

What happens if the Pats go 3-1 or 4-0 with Jimmy Garoppolo lighting it up?

I wouldn't be surprised. GaroppoloGate.

If anything, the Pats should count their blessings that they are only losing Brady for four games. Dude was apart of Spygate and now this BS. Should have been half the season or an entire season. That organization is corrupt.

I keed, I keed.

how was Brady apart of spygate

Way too harsh.

Lol cheat in a Conference championship game, and lie about it... Also, not the franchise's first incident. What did you expect? A slap on the wrist?

how was Brady apart of spygate

He was part of the team and their QB. Cmon bro. Bradys been in this for years.

What happens if monkey's fly outta my azz?

Garoppolo looked really good during last preseason and looked good during the few snaps he did take during last season.

he takes his *** back to the bench

I don't know

If Garoppolo plays good enough, that could be the beginning of the end of Brady as a Pat in the near future.

Brady will be 38 before the season starts and the Pats will be looking towards the not too distant future.

What happens if monkey's fly outta my azz?

Then you're probably an uncredited extra in Bruce Almighty.

That's a steep penalty, impressed, maybe Kraft p@ss@d off Goodell.

Where's all the crybabies at that said the Falcons are treated unfairly and that nothing would happen to Brady and the Patriots?

As a self-identified "cry-baby" I did think the Falcons were treated unfairly. Considering past actions by this Commissioner, it was obvious that Goodell's buddies were getting breaks when their franchises were caught breaking the rules (Spygate, Ray Rice). Given today's ridiculous punishment, I've come to the conclusion that there is something Goodell's values far more than loyalty to his golf pals: the opinion of fans and the media. This informs his decisions more than any other factor.

Brady wouldn't be getting anywhere near what he is getting if this scandal hadn't made the front page of every newspaper.

Has nothing to do with the Falcons. Therefore, does not go in TATF.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That never stopped threads from staying in TATF before.

He was part of the team and their QB. Cmon bro. Bradys been in this for years.

so you have no proof he was apart of spygate. I'm sure he knew. But unless he told those guys to videotape it you can't say he was apart of something. That would be like Matt Ryan getting suspended cause of what happened with the fake noise. I'm sure he knew about it. But he can't control it

As a self-identified "cry-baby" I did think the Falcons were treated unfairly. Considering past actions by this Commissioner, it was obvious that Goodell's buddies were getting breaks when their franchises were caught breaking the rules (Spygate, Ray Rice). Given today's ridiculous punishment, I've come to the conclusion that there is something Goodell's values far more than loyalty to his golf pals: the opinion of fans and the media. This informs his decisions more than any other factor.

Brady wouldn't be getting anywhere near what he is getting if this scandal hadn't made the front page of every newspaper.

The Patriots lost a first round pick for spygate and Ray Rice didn't play last season so how exactly where those light penalties?