Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bawse

Brady Suspended 4 Games, Pats Lose 1St Round Pick In 2016, Fined $1 Mill

162 posts in this topic

the only part that does not sound right is 4 games. Brady probably should have gotten about 6 games. As long as he serves the entire 4 games, I think it is "in-the-ballpark" appropriate.

Supes™, Bawse and Top Flight like this

Whoa! That's painful for the Pats.

Not the pick. It's steep - but the Pats always have an abundance of picks. As for the money - losing the $1 mil won't devastate them either - they have the money.

Losing Brady for 4 games - that's painful for them.

papachaz, JayOzOne and Supes™ like this

the only part that does not sound right is 4 games. Brady probably should have gotten about 6 games. As long as he serves the entire 4 games, I think it is "in-the-ballpark" appropriate.

Yeah, I was hoping for around the ballpark of half the season if not the entire season. 4 games is lightweight.

Brady set to appeal the suspension.

He can try, but the scumbag lied the entire time. Good luck with that :lol:

Brutal punishment! Especially since it was never explicitly "proven" Brady had anything to do with it but I ain't mad, never been a fan of Pats, Brady or Bill Belichick.

Wow, I'm shocked Pats are losing a 1st rnd pick.

More than likely because this is their 2nd time being caught doing something against NFL rules.

They lost a 1st rounder during the spy thing, so they had to get a harsher punishment now.

hjerry and Mid-Nite-Toker like this

Pats went 11-5 when Brady broke his leg. They'll still win their division, be in the playoffs probably get to the AFCCG and make some trades to get another first.

Also $1M isn't **** to Robert Kraft it's pocket change to him. That money isn't against the cap.

Wow, I'm shocked Pats are losing a 1st rnd pick.

Cynical me, I thought the Falcons got off light (5th round pick in 2016) so it would pave the way for Goodell to be light on Pats/Brady - guess not.

Mid-Nite-Toker likes this

Ouch. Wanna bet many other teams do it too? Glad the Atlanta football team got gentle treatment in comparison.