Dj Swearinger

Last year, #Texans told TJ Yates he was gone, then waited to make it official. Later dealt him to #Falcons. Could be same with Swearinger

^^Ian Rapoport tweeted this, earlier in the morning.

I didn't like his style of play and that's why I think Houston got rid of him. He's the one that got into to a fight with Harry Douglass last year too

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Letting Moore go and signing Swearinger would be a definate cap savings for us. Moore is a tad better, but we would get a younger guy without injury issue who is as physical as they come. Moore could be restructured and used as S/WLB depth.

Plus there is talk of Ish getting a legit shot at FS. If they like him in that spot, It leaves an oft injured Moore as the main option. He is having issues with the health of his shoulder and that might not bode well for him

Edited by bigjmw84

Yep, the guy had problems covering his assignments but I do love his nasty demeanor. DJ Swearinger is as hard hitting an intimidator as there is out there. If Quinn could find a way to coach him up and utilize his strengths, then he could be a Ronnie Lott type of guy. Trust me that is a stretch, but stranger things have happened...

On a defense that lacked major toughness last year, why not add in one of the toughest safeties in the league? D.J. hasn't even reached his max potential and he could play FS from day 1. He could also play the Kam role. DJ just left the Texans so why not pick him up?

D.-J.-Swearinger-by-Kirby-Lee-USA-TODAY-

Edited by R_The_Great

Okay, for one he is not an "in the box" safety. He's a hangman, hatchetman, gravedigger. I think every team should have at least one guy who has that nastiness. Thing is, he is not what you would call a coverage guy, he's not a great tackler, but hey...you all believe they can be "coach em up" so why not? Because he say the mean bad words to one of your guys? Get over it! He is very cheap and nasty. Also pretty athletic. I think he would be a good move for Cover 3 safety and would at least cause alligator arms.

We need a nasty guy.

On a defense that lacked major toughness last year, why not add in one of the toughest safeties in the league? D.J. hasn't even reached his max potential and he could play FS from day 1. He could also play the Kam role. DJ just left the Texans so why not pick him up?

Sucks in coverage and against the run. He'd be awful in both of those roles, especially in the FS role.