He's clearly looked out of sorts. Besides the fact that he's been missing shots (especially from mid range and beyond), he's now giving up petty fouls and getting even more frustrated. Even though he (and Shroder) led the team in scoring in Game 3, he still didn't play as well as we've seen him play in the past.

Now i'm hardly this critical on our players, but Teague needs to be used as trade bait in the off-season. Dennis is ready. He would blossom even more as a starter. Teague doesn't have the killer instinct or leader mentality your floor general is supposed to have. You can't teach that.

Teague does look out of sorts, but he is still playing well, just not dominant. In fact the only player killing right now is Carroll. Everyone else is hot or cold, but that is how we are as team. Main difference now is that our bench hasn't produced like it has during the regular season.

Now i'm hardly this critical on our players, but Teague needs to be used as trade bait in the off-season. Dennis is ready. He would blossom even more as a starter. Teague doesn't have the killer instinct or leader mentality your floor general is supposed to have. You can't teach that.

He does. I'm sorry, but if we have anyone on our team who can close games for us, it's him, and you just saw that in Game 4 when he hit that clutch 3 that essentially put the game out of reach for the Wizards. No killer instinct? Come on man, he's one of our most clutch players. In crunch time he's hitting every free throw.

Shroder is good, but he's still too reckless with the ball at times, especially in critical possessions. Teague hardly turns the ball over.

I'll tell you this either this year or next year better decide which Jesery to keep because both Dennis and Teague are #1 option on at least half the NBA teams not named LAC, Cavs, Golden State, Wizards, Raptors..............who have I left out?............Portland laugh.png

Sprained both ankles this season one was against Brooklyn. I suspect he's battling through the weak ankles.

I would hang on to him. When healthy he'll beat anyone off the dribble and his runners in the lane and layups are on. Until game 4 he looked like he was playing hurt.

I think so too. His usual explosion off the dribble was clearly missing up until Game 4. He may have been worried about aggravating his ankle injuries.

Interesting scenario last night. Apparently Teague told coach Bud to leave Schroeder in there at the end.

Does this mean that Teague lacks the killer instinct and desire to be the man when the game is on the line desire of a champion?

Or does it show true commitment to team success and total unselfishness, along with a sophisticated sense of when his own game is off and someone else is on?

I vote the latter: The very fact that we have such a thing as "Teague Time" proves that he does not shy away from the big moment. Time and time again, he has taken over late in big games, regular season and playoff, and carried the team to victory. After being denied twice Monday night, he kept his feet moving and made a huge steal, and then an enormous three.

You also have to consider how he was "raised" as a basketball player. His dad is literally from the same coaching tree as Popovich (and of course, Bud) so the team game is part of Teague's DNA. If he thinks he is the best chance for the team to succeed, he has proven that he will welcome the "spotlight" . . . For him, it's not about the spotlight, it's about taking control FOR THE TEAM. Or, in the case last night, sitting back and letting someone else take control FOR THE TEAM.

Interesting scenario last night. Apparently Teague told coach Bud to leave Schroeder in there at the end.

Does this mean that Teague lacks the killer instinct and desire to be the man when the game is on the line desire of a champion?

Or does it show true commitment to team success and total unselfishness, along with a sophisticated sense of when his own game is off and someone else is on?

I vote the latter: The very fact that we have such a thing as "Teague Time" proves that he does not shy away from the big moment. Time and time again, he has taken over late in big games, regular season and playoff, and carried the team to victory. After being denied twice Monday night, he kept his feet moving and made a huge steal, and then an enormous three.

You also have to consider how he was "raised" as a basketball player. His dad is literally from the same coaching tree as Popovich (and of course, Bud) so the team game is part of Teague's DNA. If he thinks he is the best chance for the team to succeed, he has proven that he will welcome the "spotlight" . . . For him, it's not about the spotlight, it's about taking control FOR THE TEAM. Or, in the case last night, sitting back and letting someone else take control FOR THE TEAM.

He is a team player. Can't fault the man for that. But sometimes you just have to seize the moment. The team needs him to succeed. We can't have him show up in one game and disappear in the next. I know he twisted his ankle in the first series, but he should be fine by now.