Jalen Collins Vs Byron Jones

I'm not all the way sold on Collins. Yeah he has the size and length, but if u don't use it to your advantage its like not having it. From what I see he really doesn't jam the WR at the line. That's the whole purpose. You have to disrupt the timing.

I think Jones does this better than Collins and plus he has more experience and versatility that Quinn likes. Maybe better coaching helps but I would've chosen Jones over Collins. Alford puts more hands on at the line. His problem is down field.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh. Byron Jones went in the first round at #27 overall. So it doesn't really matter if you think Jones is better. We couldn't get him without trading up and losing other valuable picks. This is a dumb thread.

Also, if you don't see him jamming at the line when he's lined up in press you aren't watching him at all. You're probably just watching him in zone and don't recognize what you're watching. He gets his hands on the receivers in press pretty much every time.

I've heard many discussions about Byron Jones on NFL Network over the past few months. They talk about him often now since he is a Cowboy.

Most of the draft analysts and ex-players think that he is best suited as a FS that has the ability to play NCB/coverathletic TEs instead of CB.

They see him as decent/slightly above average CB, but a potential Pro Bowl caliber FS in the NFL.

I'm not all the way sold on Collins. Yeah he has the size and length, but if u don't use it to your advantage its like not having it. From what I see he really doesn't jam the WR at the line. That's the whole purpose. You have to disrupt the timing.

I think Jones does this better than Collins and plus he has more experience and versatility that Quinn likes. Maybe better coaching helps but I would've chosen Jones over Collins. Alford puts more hands on at the line. His problem is down field.

Well we didn't have the choice of Jones over Collins because he was drafted earlier.

We could have traded but now that means losing out on Hardy, Jarrett, or Coleman.

Edited by ATLFalcons11

Uh. Byron Jones went in the first round at #27 overall. So it doesn't really matter if you think Jones is better. We couldn't get him without trading up and losing other valuable picks. This is a dumb thread.

Also, if you don't see him jamming at the line when he's lined up in press you aren't watching him at all. You're probably just watching him in zone and don't recognize what you're watching. He gets his hands on the receivers in press pretty much every time.

I mean yeah, why is this even a discussion? lol

Actually, I've been wondering since the draft if TD was trying to trade up to take Jones. It was reported TD was trying to move back into the first so it is possible.

I admit I haven't really watched either one of them play much so I have no idea who will be better. Jones is a freak athlete,but that doesn't always translate.