I Wouldn't Be Surprised If Early On Beasley And Reed

I wouldn't be surprised if early on Beasley lines up at SLB and Reed lines up at the LEO. I know when we signed Reed he said Quinn told him he would play SLB and Beasley was asked about playing the LEO after Quinn talked to him at the Pro-day. Reed played DE in college and he is fast, physical and can drop back and cover. Beasley can too, but he can also play the Von Miller-Bruce Irvin role that he keeps referring too.

The leo and sam are the same position.

Only have 3 LBs on the field which hence 43 4 limlneman 3 LBs

Durant is playing will

Worrilow playing mike

Reed playing sam

I think on obvious passing downs early on beasley might be just on the line getting the QB first.

Be he has dropped in college too, so he might replace reed on certain downs. Either way someone is going to have to come off the field between reed and bealsy when it comes to the leo position.

Durant is playing will

Worrilow playing mike

Reed playing sam

I think on obvious passing downs early on beasley might be just on the line getting the QB first.

Be he has dropped in college too, so he might replace reed on certain downs. Either way someone is going to have to come off the field between reed and bealsy when it comes to the leo position.

LEO and SAM are not the same position. The LEO is the weakside defensive end.

Durant is playing will

Worrilow playing mike

Reed playing sam

posts like this is why I can't take you serious most of the time

I wouldn't be surprised if early on Beasley lines up at SLB and Reed lines up at the LEO. I know when we signed Reed he said Quinn told him he would play SLB and Beasley was asked about playing the LEO after Quinn talked to him at the Pro-day. Reed played DE in college and he is fast, physical and can drop back and cover. Beasley can too, but he can also play the Von Miller-Bruce Irvin role that he keeps referring too.

Quinn doesn't compare Vic to Von... the media do. In college Von Miller played LB where as obviously Vic played with his hand in the dirt. He plays Leo

Edited by GoodnightATL

Durant is playing will

Worrilow playing mike

Reed playing sam

This is exactly what the media thinks. They keep saying that Bruce Irvin is the Leo in seattle when its Avril and Irvin plays SAM in the base 4-3

I do think Reeds pass rush is underrated, but i wouldn't ever prefer him over Beasley. Maybe in the nickel package put him on the opposite side of Beasley every now and then. But even then that would be very rare if it happened at all.

Whenever we signed Reed i went back and watched a few of his old cut ups and man he definitely has a legit 1st step. Or he HAD a legit 1st step at least.

Quinn doesn't comepare Vic to Von... the media do. In college Von Miller played LB where as obviously Vic played with his hand in the dirt. He plays Leo

Yeah I know Quinn doesn't compare Vic to Von. Vic is capable of playing SLB and he could play it on 1st and 2nd down and than switch to LEO on passing downs like Irvin does.

It isnt that straight forward

if its a pass rush situation we will probably have our best 2 pass rushers on either side. Beasley, Biermann, Maponga, Shembo etc

If its a run down probably none of them and we will have Reed at Sam and no Leo, beefing it up with someone like Clayborn.

It isnt that straight forward

if its a pass rush situation we will probably have our best 2 pass rushers on either side. Beasley, Biermann, Maponga, Shembo etc

If its a run down probably none of them and we will have Reed at Sam and no Leo, beefing it up with someone like Clayborn.

Yes of coarse but out of all those situations and with the players we have you don't want Vic playing SAM. He's best as our DPR.