What Are The Saddest Losses A Team Has Taken In Recent Years

Either your team or another. I'd go with

1-Colts 10, Browns 6......Browns defense holds a Colts team with Manning to 3 points offensively...but loses after giving up a defensive TD, and only putting up 6 points of offense.

2-Vikings 27, 49ers 24......49ers up by 4, Vikings need a TD to win, they have one play left, and are around the 40...and the Niners actually give up a TD pass.

3-Bears 24, Cardinals 23......Probably the only time a team has ever come back from down 3 scores without scoring a single offensive TD........yikes.

When I went to Atlanta from Western NY to see the Falcons play the Browns and Mike Smith called a time out inside of 2 minutes and gave Cleveland just enough time to drive into field goal range and win the game.

That was my first game IN Atlanta (I've seen them multiple times in Buffalo and Cleveland) and so frustrating to walk out of the stadium to a bunch of Browns fans screaming, "Here we go Brownies, here we go!"

My buddy is a Browns fan and purposely did not wear any Browns gear.

When I went to Atlanta from Western NY to see the Falcons play the Browns and Mike Smith called a time out inside of 2 minutes and gave Cleveland just enough time to drive into field goal range and win the game.

That was my first game IN Atlanta (I've seen them multiple times in Buffalo and Cleveland) and so frustrating to walk out of the stadium to a bunch of Browns fans screaming, "Here we go Brownies, here we go!"

My buddy is a Browns fan and purposely did not wear any Browns gear.

Indeed, that was pretty bad. Atlanta losing to Cleveland at home in 2006 was pretty bad also. That's part of why I'm apprehensive about buying tickets to an NFL game, to potentially pay a lot of money to see THAT happen. I've been to 3 Falcon games, all in Carolina from 2006-2008, 2 wins 1 loss for Atlanta. Those were courtesy of my dad though, back when I was a teenager.

Fortunately though, I didn't see them play Carolina in Atlanta in 2006....10-3 loss, our offense was terrible that game imo.

Saints vs 49ers divisonal playoffs 2011

I've never been more mad at losing a game then i was worth this one. Just the series of events that ultimately led to the loss still bothers me til today.

Ah, I remember that beautiful day, lol.

If you guys had won that game, honestly you probably win the Super Bowl that year. You guys would have seen the Giants at home, who you probably beat, and I think you could have beaten NE also. That was quite a game, good game by both offenses. Niners take an early lead, you guys come back....and then...VERNON DAVIS! lol.

2006 Chicago - Saints. I cried.

Yet another beautiful day, with the Saints seemingly heavily favored...39-14 Bears. Great defensive performance by the Bears, one that IMO was up there among the all time great playoff defensive performances, holding the number 1 offense in the NFL to 14 points.

2006 NFC Championship game.

2010 NFC Wild Card game.

2011 NFC Divisional round game.

Playoff losses are always heartbreaking.

Special shout out to the entire 2005 season. Carney missing the extra point after the Crescent City Relay was mildly disappointing as well.

Vikings, this past season.

Our special teams was a special kind of horrible. Bersin looking scared and nearly dropping the ball every time he was back there trying to return. Then when it was our turn to punt.... Allowing the Vikings on b2b punts , to block our attempted punt and run it in for consecutive TDs. Talk about something that collectively drained the entire team.

Of course the Saints losing to the 49ers in 2011 playoffs and the Saints losing to the Vikes in 2008 (only game to ever cause me sleepless nights). I literally couldn't sleep for 2 days from anger. So many flukey things happened to cause that loss. But it was eventually what led to the demise of Gary Gibbs as the DC. We won the Super Bowl the next season. Soooooo. But if I was a Cleveland fan THIS loss to the KC Chiefs would have crushed my soul...

Are you serious??

What about Kasey kicking the ball out of bounds... Setting up Brady at the 40... 30 yards later Vina-automatic and we lose the Super Bowl by 2 points..

That should be the saddest game for us ever!!

Yeah, that was turrbl. I was PULLING for y'all in that Super Bowl and when he made that kick, something inside told me it was over.

I was so sick when he kicked that ball out of bounds and I saw that flag... I can handle Brady driving from the 20 and they beat us.. But him getting that extra 20 in that short amount of time was crushing.. The really hurt part is they had to convert 2 3rd downs and got a pass interference call on another 1... If they had to go a extra 20 to get in range.. Who know what would have happened...

It was a 40 + Fg and they needed the extra 20 Kasey gave them..

I thought that out of bounds kick was just as bad as the Seahawks throwing on second and goal. It was just a bad play. It more than likely cost the Panthers a Super Bowl.

2006 NFC Championship game.

2010 NFC Wild Card game.

2011 NFC Divisional round game.

Playoff losses are always heartbreaking.

Special shout out to the entire 2005 season. Carney missing the extra point after the Crescent City Relay was mildly disappointing as well.

Ah yes, the Carney missed extra point was before I started regularly watching football, but that sort of thing is actually more of the direction I was hoping to go with the thread. Not so much losses in big games, but where you lose in a crushing and unusual way.

The Browns Colts game of 2008 for instance, where they held the Colts with Peyton to 3 points of offense, and still lost.

That Saints @ Jaguars game is a good example....actually scoring a TD with laterals which rarely ever happens, only to miss an extra point which is almost always made.

Yes the 2011 playoff game at San Francisco

Pierre Thomas is knocked out of the game as he goes to the ground fumbling at the two yard line for an opening drive score

49ers were hitting tough. 5 turnovers

Incltuding Sproules who never fumbles

Yet the Saints still fought back

Jimmy Graham scores with too much time on the clock

Need to stop just one final drive

Bone headed Greg Williams decides to blitz his d leaving 1 on 1 for shock and awe

It almost seems like he sabotaged the game on purpose

Jenkins and Harper

Mediocre Alex Smith looks all pro as he makes huge plays in drive

Corner misses deflection otn td by an inch

That was the juggernaught offense

They had destroyed the Giants a few weeks before and would be playing in the dome

Your first playoff loss is always the hardest.

Actually my 1st playoff rememberance was the Eagles/Falcons. McNabb vs Vick. I remember it cause I gotta nasty cut on my finger while trying to assemble a ESPN football/baseball/basketball all in 1 playset.

Yes the 2011 playoff game at San Francisco

Pierre Thomas is knocked out of the game as he goes to the ground fumbling at the two yard line for an opening drive score

49ers were hitting tough. 5 turnovers

Incltuding Sproules who never fumbles

Yet the Saints still fought back

Jimmy Graham scores with too much time on the clock

Need to stop just one final drive

Bone headed Greg Williams decides to blitz his d leaving 1 on 1 for shock and awe

It almost seems like he sabotaged the game on purpose

Jenkins and Harper

Mediocre Alex Smith looks all pro as he makes huge plays in drive

Corner misses deflection otn td by an inch

That was the juggernaught offense

They had destroyed the Giants a few weeks before and would be playing in the dome

One of the biggest forms of defensive retardation anyone could ever see in a football game Edited by Golden

Saints vs 49ers divisonal playoffs 2011

I've never been more mad at losing a game then i was with this one. Just the series of events that ultimately led to the loss still bothers me til today.

How in the heII do you leave Vernon Davis unaccounted for and let Alex Smith run the ball down your throat???

Gaaaaaawwww!!!