Wireless Phone Companies?

WOR

So, Im still on a family plan with my family, because I thought it would save me money. Im still paying $60/month because of my data usage. I use a ton of data for work.

My question is, should I just bite the bullet and get my own plan? The service with verizon is fine. Its just the money.

TMobile has "unlimited" data and texting for 40 bucks, but its tiered by GB of data usage. How does that work?....Its like 1GB of 4G for 40, 2GB for 50, 3GB for 60. How is that unlimited? Does it just kick you to like 3G speed once you go over?

I wouldnt mind saving a few bucks, but Im not sure if mobile coverage is a good place to do it. Im sure someone on here knows a lot more about it than I do.

If you want t-mobile and unlimited daata, I suggest going metro pcs. They switch to t-mobile towers if one of their towers fail and their unlimited is truly unlimited. I use about 9 gb a month on metro and have experienced no type of speed decrease. $60 a month, although I'm angry I didn't catch the $50 promo a couple months ago.

I refuse to pay a high *** verizon bill and I even get a discount through my job. My phone works everywhere I need it to work lol

Lol yeah it's no obligation. With t-mobile it's no contract but they trick you with the monthly phone installment. If you cancel, you have to pay the balance in full. I learned that the hard way after being told I would still be able to pay $27 a month for my old galaxy s5.

I tried Sprint and talked with a few others but their coverage doesn't extend to rural areas very well. If you stay in major cities and never venture out into the country side of things then switch but you can get a single line plan with 2GB of data for $60 with unlimited T & T if you call Verizon and ask for it, it's called their loyalty plan...

I tried Sprint and talked with a few others but their coverage doesn't extend to rural areas very well. If you stay in major cities and never venture out into the country side of things then switch but you can get a single line plan with 2GB of data for $60 with unlimited T & T if you call Verizon and ask for it, it's called their loyalty plan...

see that's a garbage plan for someone who uses alot of data. The only plus is the service.

BTW, check and make sure metro is in your area. Pretty sure it would be if you have t-mobile

Yeah, my best friend switched from Verizon to Sprint and he absolutely hates it. Kinda scared me off of them. He lives out near The Branch.

Man. No matter who you go with or what you do, theyre all about 60 bucks. Screw it then lol.

Just be careful with t-mobile. With their unlimited, it says lte up to 5gb. I know for a fact metro is truly unlimited for $60. That 2 gb at verizon is not what you want lol

I just use the wifi so data isn't a huge issue for me...

him saying he uses a ton of data for work tells me WiFi isn't an option. I use WiFi when I'm at home as well and a password is required at work so that's why I use so much data. I can easily burn through 2 gb in less than a week lol

If you phone is subsidized, then you are probably getting the best deal possible, especially if you are now looking for a single line. If you are not subsidized, then you could look at Cricket or Total Wireless. Cricket uses Att's network and they got a plan for 3 or 5 GB( they change it when they have a sale) for 45 bucks a month with auto pay. They have/had a 20GB plan for 55 bucks as well. The data speeds are throttled to 8Mbps(I believe this is standard for a lot of prepaid companies these days) for LTE and 2G speeds after you go over your limit. I just learned about total wireless, but they are a prepaid provider that uses Verizon's network. I do not know if they use LTE or not, but their pricing is similar to Cricket.

Hmm that's interesting. Why don't people just use total instead of version? Start up costs? Would I have to pay for a phone out of pocket?

Most people do not know about these other options. I am a someone who follows the wireless industry pretty closely, but I had not heard of total wireless until recently. Verizon is not very MVNO friendly. They are just not competition friendly overall. I am surprised that they actually let an MVNO wholesale from them while being that price competitive. That is why I said it may or may not have LTE access. Att wants to compete in the prepaid market, which is why Cricket is so competitive with Metro, Boost, Virgin, etc.

Total does seem to allow people to bring existing Verizon CDMA devices to their network, but if you want a new device, you are going to have to pay full price for it.

So, Im still on a family plan with my family, because I thought it would save me money. Im still paying $60/month because of my data usage. I use a ton of data for work.

My question is, should I just bite the bullet and get my own plan? The service with verizon is fine. Its just the money.

TMobile has "unlimited" data and texting for 40 bucks, but its tiered by GB of data usage. How does that work?....Its like 1GB of 4G for 40, 2GB for 50, 3GB for 60. How is that unlimited? Does it just kick you to like 3G speed once you go over?

I wouldnt mind saving a few bucks, but Im not sure if mobile coverage is a good place to do it. Im sure someone on here knows a lot more about it than I do.

Dang, I'm getting raped by AT&T to the tone of $190 a month for 3 phones, only two of which are smart phones.

I need to change service providers.

Dang, I'm getting raped by AT&T to the tone of $190 a month for 3 phones, only two of which are smart phones.

I need to change service providers.

Oh 60 bucks is just my third of the bill lol.