Southward Moving To A Corner?

I know we've heard that Southward might be cross-trained and play some of both FS and CB, but this sounds like he's making a permanent move:

@dirtybirdwilson: @FalconsJAdams What is your prediction/insider info for our starting Free Safety position. Any chance Alford switches to FS?

@FalconsJAdams: Charles Godfrey.

@Jcolbert59: @FalconsJAdams What about Southward? Maybe converts to corner?

@FalconsJAdams: Yep, moving to corner.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Southward is moving to corner as well.

Wouldn't that make Godfrey the only FS on the roster outside of UDFAs?

Maybe the FS position becomes more clearer after teams make their post draft cuts?

I'm intrigued at how Alford will be used under Quinn.

Stevie Brown?

EDIT: Nvm. Signed with Texans.

Alford will start with Tru ... Collins will probably come in on Nickle plays to play the outside and Alford will move into the inside

Ive heard some say Alford dont fit the scheme.... Thats Crazy ... He is best at playing press man... Ive heard ppl say well he doesnt have the length Quinn talks about .... But he he does... Quin likes Tall CB's but he talks about Length and Alford has long arms

Let the man develop under Quinn ... If he gets beat out he gets beat out but let the man develop in this system that fits him

2 things we have to remember ... The seahawks has been deep at the CB ... During there Superbowl year they had Sherm, Walter Thrumond, Browner, Jeremy Lane, Maxwell, and Perrish Cox (before they cut him that year)

My point is in that system they kept CB a well stocked position... If Coach Quinn thinks Southward and King is better being developed at CB.... Lets see how these guys develop

It's interesting because we would then have Trufant, Collins, Alford, Southward, Allen, and Adams at CB with only Godfrey at FS.

gonna be cross training or somebody just simply ain't gonna make it. Quinn isn't necessarily locked to any of them.

I like Jalen Collins, as a prospect, but after reading this, I have to wonder why we drafted him. If Southward is a candidate for CB, along with Trufant and Alford, why draft another CB so high?

Southward would probably end being the starting nickel corner/backup outside.

Tru and Collins starting on the outside.

Alford will start with Tru ... Collins will probably come in on Nickle plays to play the outside and Alford will move into the inside

I would be shocked if Collins is not starting week 1. With all the holes this team has, there's no way you'd draft a backup/situational player in the 2nd.