If Mckay Was Made To Sit From Competition Committee So Should Brady

INDFalcon

The only reason this is even close to a story is that it's the Pats. People are butthurt over their success This whole controversy is bullcrap.

Fine him and move on. This is as much cheating as a holding or jumping offsides.

Then he should have admitted it...Brady caused the controversy.

Although I think this is being made a bigger deal than it is (deflated footballs didn't make up for 27 points) the point here is there are rules and those rules were broken. Therefore a punishment should be implemented.

Pumping in crowd noise didn't help us win any more games but that's not the point. We broke the rule and deserved to be punished.

As far as I'm aware this is an unprecedented incident so I'm not sure what the punishment should be but since it apparently didn't go very high up the chain of command, I doubt the team would get fined or lose any draft picks. A fine for Brady and/or loss of playing time could be as bad as it gets for the Pats.

The only reason this is even close to a story is that it's the Pats. People are butthurt over their success This whole controversy is bullcrap.

Fine him and move on. This is as much cheating as a holding or jumping offsides.

Okay he should have admitted it. Now fingers are being pointed at him. I think in the name of fairness, he should be suspended too.

Anybody who has ever r thrown a football knows that it is significantly easier to do with less air pressure. did it make a huge difference in the outcome of the game who knows. But you can't deny the fact that it was done to create a competitive advantage or in others words "cheating".

Okay he should have admitted it. Now fingers are being pointed at him. I think in the name of fairness, he should be suspended too.

No. Maybe a fine. Should we suspend every time a corner holds a WR? Should we suspend a WR for pushing off? An OLman for holding?

No.

Fine him at the worst. This shouldn't even be a headline. This was hit job by the Colts and a NFL terrified of bad PR,Goodell always overreacts.

No. Maybe a fine. Should we suspend every time a corner holds a WR? Should we suspend a WR for pushing off? An OLman for holding?

Come on Paultik. You know better than this. This is not simple corner holding a WR. You are just trivializing. Deflating intentionally is cheating in the rule book

In the name of fairness he should be held accountable.

Anybody who has ever r thrown a football knows that it is significantly easier to do with less air pressure. did it make a huge difference in the outcome of the game who knows. But you can't deny the fact that it was done to create a competitive advantage or in others words "cheating".

Fumbling too. It has been reported that the Pats have been deflating balls for years and it is reflected in their fumble stats.

No.

Fine him at the worst. This shouldn't even be a headline. This was hit job by the Colts and a NFL terrified of bad PR,Goodell always overreacts.

There is no comparison. Those are fouls and are able to be spotted and then called. You can't visually tell if a ball is slightly under inflated and there is no in-game penalty for it.

It's like throwing a Nerf football.

With the logic in some of these comments, maybe the NFL should just erase all of Brady's stats and make him start from scratch with properly inflated footballs. Too bad they never checked the balls of other teams because it would be amazing how many teams probably deflate balls and it goes unnoticed. Now no one will do it ever again, which is the expected and intended outcome of all of this crap.

With that being said, GO FALCONS! smile.png

Then he should have admitted it...Brady caused the controversy.

Why? He's said in public that he likes slightly deflated balls. I don't think he's ever specifically said he wanted them below league rules.

It's a very vague and idiotic charge.

This is just a waste of time.

There is no comparison. Those are fouls and are able to be spotted and then called. You can't visually tell if a ball is slightly under inflated and there is no in-game penalty for it.

The ref touches and sets the ball after every play. Sorry, but this is a small fine offense at best. Shouldn't be a headline. I'd argue what the Falcons did was worse.

Like I said. The refs touch the ball after every play. If it was significantly deflated they would know. If they couldn't tell, then I highly doubt the tampering was significant enough to effect the game.

Anyone that watches baseball and doesn't pitch a hissyfit about the constant cheating there, has no where to stand on this.

Take away the Raiders and Niners championships for all the Stickum they used,

This is fake outrage, spawned by a butthurt loser GM.

Why? He's said in public that he likes slightly deflated balls. I don't think he's ever specifically said he wanted them below league rules.

It's a very vague and idiotic charge.

This is just a waste of time.

I prefer my balls be fully deflated or I'm not paying for the hotel room. Anyway, the problem here is that he specifically planned to get a competitive advantage and that's what makes it cheating. Many radio and television talking heads have had informal tests by trying to catch regulation balls v slightly deflated ones. To my knowledge, they all said the same two things: Anyone can tell that the ball is under inflated and it is much easier to grip and catch when it is. But that's why there's a rule to level the playing field. If everyone indeed does it, the Pats would have nailed Andrew Luck in the same game.

My problem with the whole situation is that the league already has a $25K fine stipulation in the rule book for it. Tom Terrific's ego led him to deny and conspire to cover it up and that's what gave it legs. He should have offered to pay the fine out of his playoff money and this would have been forgotten. Anything that happens from here on out is because he lied and tried to cover it up.

But he won't be suspended a single game because they play the Steelers on Thursday night in week one and the league won't want this as a story line leading into the new season. Fine the man and let it be done.

I prefer my balls be fully deflated or I'm not paying for the hotel room. Anyway, the problem here is that he specifically planned to get a competitive advantage and that's what makes it cheating. Many radio and television talking heads have had informal tests by trying to catch regulation balls v slightly deflated ones. To my knowledge, they all said the same two things: Anyone can tell that the ball is under inflated and it is much easier to grip and catch when it is. But that's why there's a rule to level the playing field. If everyone indeed does it, the Pats would have nailed Andrew Luck in the same game.

My problem with the whole situation is that the league already has a $25K fine stipulation in the rule book for it. Tom Terrific's ego led him to deny and conspire to cover it up and that's what gave it legs. He should have offered to pay the fine out of his playoff money and this would have been forgotten. Anything that happens from here on out is because he lied and tried to cover it up.

But he won't be suspended a single game because they play the Steelers on Thursday night in week one and the league won't want this as a story line leading into the new season. Fine the man and let it be done.

If it was significant, how come a referee who gets the ball and sets after every play never noticed it? It makes the ball easier to intercept as much as it does to catch.

It's BS. This should have been a FedEx letter and a fine, Not a national controversy.

Why is everyone saying Brady is guilty ? There is no evidence of that. All the evidence is circumstantial. The report said he cudda, shudda, maybe known about it. In the texts released between the official and locker room guy, they admitted to OVER inflating balls to as much as 16 PSI rather than the standard 12 PSI. It sounds like Brady was complaining about game balls being OVER inflated, and the locker room guy hitting Brady up for jerseys and shoes for him to stop it.

I totally agree, but the NFL isn't beholden to the same standards of "reasonable doubt" that the judicial system is. The whiners who hate the Pats for being successful, and spygate want blood. That's all this is.

But you're right, Brady never specified to go under the legal PSI. If this were a legal proceeding, it would be thrown out.

Goodell will fine or suspend him because he always caves to PR.

Circumstantial evidence is still evidence. Aaron Hernandez just got convicted of murder based on whether he likely committed the crime, not because they had physical evidence of his guilt. And good luck suggesting to the magistrate that you shouldn't have gotten a speeding ticket because you disagree with how important the posted speed is. Rules need to be changed before they are broken, just like laws and that's regardless of how significant they are. As I stated before, there's a posted fine for the offense and it should either be adhered to or removed. The problem with the NFL is it keeps recreating the penalty after there's precedent established and that's contrary to good business or common sense.

Nope. You missed the point that regulation balls are provided to handlers before the games start. It's asimple job to go from the referee's locker room to the field. The equipment manager even referred to himself as the deflator and texted that he did it at Brady's behest before the Pats ended his availability. They basically made this bed by not cooperating. And if you suppose for one minute that an equipment manager blackmailed Tom Brady and kept his job, I'll step out of this post and find some of the same stuff that you're smoking.