So We All Agree That(*on Paper*) The Defense Is Fixed, Right?

is the defense fixed?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No frikking way. We may be decent if a lot of pieces come together just right, but there is no chance this defense will actually be anythijg better than middle of the pack.

And no, I am not complaining.

We are in a multi-year rebuild. We still have a dreadful talent deficiency that one draft simply cannot fix.

We should be better. We should be improved. We are probably on the path to having a good defense. But we just barely set foot on that road. Let's take a few walking steps before trying to run.

I think we would all be pleased with a 12-16 ranked defense this year, to go along with a 4-8 ranked offense.

Agreed. I don't think I phrased the OP right. I'm not asking if we're top 5 yet, just if we have covered everything possible for this offseason and could feasibly be an above average defense.

Agreed. I don't think I phrased the OP right. I'm not asking if we're top 5 yet, just if we have covered everything possible for this offseason and could feasibly be an above average defense.

Absolutely. We can definitely be in that 10-15 range after the moves we made. The great part is that is as good as Matt Ryan has ever had. Should be a fun year. Edited by Power I

Guest King Jigsaw

Defenses are improved, not fixed.

A fixed defense won't give up any points.

An improved defense will give up 10 instead of 35.

If you ever believe any side of your team is finished despite the core your building around your doomed.

Each year even if you win the Superbowl be looking for upgrades.

The only place on this team I am satisfied with at the moment is QB, the rest is always upgradable. One day QB will be too.

Absolutely. We can definitely be in that 10-15 range after the moves we made. The great part is that is as good as Matt Ryan has ever had. Should be a fun year.

10-15? That is the kind of Sunshine Happycrap that I am warning against. If we end up 22-18, then we will be lucky. And as I stated before, there is nothing wrong with such an improvement.

We still have a lot of holes to fill. It simply is not reasonable nor rational to expect a roster with this level of talent to go from 32 to top-half of the league.

Be realistic.

A lot of young guys and new guys, so it'll take some luck.

I actually think the DL and LBs are much improved. But our secondary has more question marks.

Will a FS emerge? Do our corners fit press man? Will Alford switch to safety and we have all new corners?

They shouldn't have been ranked 32 last year, and in a normal scheme probably would have been 24 or so. I think there's enough improvement in personnel to jump that up another 8, mainly because we are much more likely to be able to get off the field on 3rd downs (you get a 3rd down stop early, they don't get to add yards on you). But, still a lot of questions, especially in secondary.

Each and every LB on this team will be improved this year. Last year all our LBs struggled do to over complicated schemes that put them and our defensive line out of position at times.

I even go as to far as to say our defensive line is better than last year alluded too. Our defense was upgraded the day we decided to go back to being a 4-3 and play our players in their natural positions.

Defenses are improved, not fixed.

A fixed defense won't give up any points.

An improved defense will give up 10 instead of 35.

I disagree. A defense that only gives up an average of 10 points a game will send us to the freaking SuperBowl. Our offense will score enough to make up that difference.

Your an idiot if you say it's not fixed. Only reason you say that is because you don't know football. This defense has the perfect blend of vets and rookies . They know who they are and they got the players for it . You guys don't realize how good the talent is because smitty has been screwing with it for the past seven years