So What, If Any Protection Should Be Afforded To Pamela Geller?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She should have as much protection as any other US citizen

That being said though to think anybody,much less someone raised in a secular nation, would feel the need to inflict harm on a woman for saying something you don't like is baffling at best, and infuriating at worst. Living here is literally like winning the lottery.

• 3 weeks later...

what screwups have they had to deal with, specifically?

Rampant divorce. Households without parenting since both work and subcontract child raising and even child bearing to complete strangers. Not to mention over-medication of children by their parents because they feed their kids a dose of medication rather than pay them attention and actually parent their child.

Baby boomers were actually quite selfish as parents. I believe in equal rights for women in the workplace, but taking "mothers" out of the home and into the workplace has had it's consequences.

Well I am not for foreign wars of aggression nor do I believe the government is responsible for my personnel safety. However I think there is a clear line and when you attack US citizens on US soil it is a big game changer. Still I hope nothing happens to this woman because I see ISIS as the synthetic terror threat and a tool of a larger agenda in the middle east.

This question sums up everything there is to know about baby boomers. Oblivious.

Yeah, I'm a generation Xer. My parents were the very first wave of the baby boomers, born in the late 40's.

I'm sorry, but until we start drafting millenials and forcing them to join the military and kill people in foreign combat, the fact that they had both parents working seems pretty trivial by comparison.

what screwups have they had to deal with, specifically?

Well, our generation is already in $1 trillion in debt due to absurd student loans (which have led to a massive uptick in tuition and collegiate fees) that most take out due to overwhelming pressure to go to college. I admittedly do not have much sympathy for the ones who fell into that trap but I understand why they did and the fact that there is zero momentum for reform means it is going to get worse. Once they get out they realize the market is completely oversaturated which forces them to go work unrelated jobs, if you can even get those, so getting an actual career started is difficult. There is also the problem of social programs that we know full well will not pay us back even though we pay into them due to a refusal to reform them in a productive way or to pay them sufficiently now. There is also the readily apparent decay of the country, both in the public and private sectors, that we will inherit since the powers that be have little interest in reversing that trend. So once we're supposed to get our independent lives started we already have far less opportunities to pull that off, usually too little income to actually live on our own, and have far less purchasing power both in the short term and long term which will have serious economic ramifications down the line.

But we are the whiners, the lazy, the disrespectful. Really we're just dealing with the situation we were dealt and are pessimistic about our future.

Yeah, I'm a generation Xer. My parents were the very first wave of the baby boomers, born in the late 40's.

I'm sorry, but until we start drafting millenials and forcing them to join the military and kill people in foreign combat, the fact that they had both parents working seems pretty trivial by comparison.

Bad xer is bad. Especially if you have dumbed it down to "both parents working."laugh.png

The point is this.

A generation of people had their decent wages, decent tuitions and a climate not on the verge of catastrophe. They(and their children apparently) watched the wages get smaller and smaller and the tuitions increase drastically and sat by while closet fascists militarized the country to the point where the military industrial complex now dictates our foreign policy and the plutocrats dictate or domestic policy. Not to mention the embarrassing rate that we are imprisoning our citizens for minor drug offenses. They gave a spotlight to idiots in the pockets of oil companies to deny science as some big conspiracy and now the climate is a huge concern. Now they have the nerve to sit and ask, with a straight face, "what's the problem? Is it because their parents are both having to work?"

GTFO

Edited by Mèφhì§τö

The point is this.

A generation of people had their decent wages, decent tuitions and a climate not on the verge of catastrophe. They(and their children apparently) watched the wages get smaller and smaller and the tuitions increase drastically and sat by while closet fascists militarized the country to the point where the military industrial complex now dictates our foreign policy and the plutocrats dictate or domestic policy. Not to mention the embarrassing rate that we are imprisoning our citizens for minor drug offenses. They gave a spotlight to idiots in the pockets of oil companies to deny science as some big conspiracy and now the climate is a huge concern. Now they have the nerve to sit and ask, with a straight face, "what's the problem? Is it because their parents are both having to work?"

GTFO

Except that a generation of people didn't have their decent wages. Purchasing power among workers has been basically flat since 1973. The only real gains have been exactly where you think they've been, at the top.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/10/09/for-most-workers-real-wages-have-barely-budged-for-decades/

Facts suck.

Except that a generation of people didn't have their decent wages. Purchasing power among workers has been basically flat since 1973. The only real gains have been exactly where you think they've been, at the top.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/10/09/for-most-workers-real-wages-have-barely-budged-for-decades/

Facts suck.

That is some funny stuff.

There isn't a shrinking middle class.

Those gains at the top aren't coming from workers. They come from a cash fairy that pulls it out of thin air.

That's quite a beautiful tale you got there.

Those "real" wage calculations are including the huge increase of healthcare, education and transportation costs in the benefits. What they fail to acknowledge is the take home pay affects the ability to purchase everything else you need. Your healthcare benefits have no purchasing power. Neither do your education or transportation costs. If much of your compensation is through benefits, and considering their huge increase in cost over the decades, those "real" wages are dipping into the money you actually use to ya know....purchase things in day to day life and pay bills.

It's as if you think both parents are working more and more these days so they can buy a vacation home. Purchasing power the same? GTFO.

That is some ****** research.

Edited by Mèφhì§τö

ISIS would love for us to re-invade Iraq.

That's a bingo.

Really long read, so I won't copy-paste it, but this piece goes deep into ISIS's ideology and goals. http://www.theatlantic.com/features/archive/2015/02/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

ISIS thinks its caliphate will defeat the "armies of Rome" (i.e. the US, although some think that Turkey could qualify) in an epic battle at Dabiq, Syria, and that will set in motion the literal apocalypse with Jesus coming back to Earth in Jerusalem and blah blah blah. Part of me thinks that perhaps indulging these nutjobs by thoroughly whipping their azz at Dabiq might "break the spell" for a lot of their recruitment efforts, but I'm also sick and tired of propping up artificial states like Iraq with American lives and treasure.