Giants, Falcons, Rams Geared Up For Playoff Push?

Atlanta should be much better in a division that can't get much worse

I think the Falcons' solid draft -- which included pass-rushing terror Vic Beasley and big-play back Tevin Coleman -- combined with Matt Ryan's arm and a weak division lends hope that Atlanta can make the playoffs.

A new coaching staff should be able to change the team's collective mindset and improve the defense; it's not going to be anything close to a dominant D, but it should be markedly better.

Coleman should provide a boost to the rushing attack and relieve some of the pressure on Ryan. The biggest positive for the Falcons is that no team in the NFC South truly scares anybody.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000491183/article/2015-nfl-draft-giants-falcons-rams-geared-up-for-playoff-push

Panthers are the only division rivals I see giving us trouble. Their strength is the front 7 on defense. On offense, our OL might be our weakest link. That's an important group, and you're only as strong as your weakest link.

Edited by I Even Bleed Red

Anytime you replace Mike Smith, your a playoff contender automatically.

I'm not sure if your profile is one big troll? Don't get me wrong, you're sometimes pretty funny.

Mike Smith is the only HC to take the Falcons to the playoffs 3 years in a row. No coach has ever done that, not even Quinn. He did the most for the Falcons than any HC I can personally recall, so you get nothing outta slamming him now that he's gone.

I'm excited to have Quin. But let's see what he can do first.

Edited by I Even Bleed Red

In addition to the narrative of Atlanta having the worst fans in the world, I see a new narrative starting and I'm already sick of it.

To let them tell it the NFC South is this perennially weak step-child of the league.

It's true the last couple of years it's been weak, but come on!

yeah i mean he only took us to the playoffs 4 of 7 years. you really need to do something about your stiffy for smitty. just like the gurley crowd, it is time to let it go.

I'm not sure if your profile is one big troll? Don't get me wrong, you're sometimes pretty funny.

Mike Smith is the only HC to take the Falcons to the playoffs 3 years in a row. No coach has ever done that, not even Quinn. He did the most for the Falcons than any HC I can personally recall, so you get nothing outta slamming him now that he's gone.

We were pretty bad in 11 though and we backed in with 10 wins on an easy schedule. iirc.

I liked some of the things he was doing, but I felt like alot of those wins were despite him. just game after game after game of barely winning, and you couldn't ever talk about it cause of the "only our fanbase complains when we win" crap.

we weren't even that good in 12 collectively.

We were pretty bad in 11 though and we backed in with 10 wins on an easy schedule. iirc.

I liked some of the things he was doing, but I felt like alot of those wins were despite him. just game after game after game of barely winning, and you couldn't ever talk about it cause of the "only our fanbase complains when we win" crap.

Yeah. Blame him when we lost but don't give him credit for the wins. Because we had a rich history of success before Mike Smith got here.

Mike Smith is the only HC to take the Falcons to the playoffs 3 years in a row. No coach has ever done that, not even Quinn ..........

What does this even mean. How can Quinn take the Falcons to the playoffs when he's never coached them. He's just taken Seattle to back to back superbowls where his defence has clearly done enough both games to put a Super Bowl ring on seattles finger.

I get you don't like fans ragging on Smitty but honestly his time was up. Onwards and upwards with the mighty Quinn.

What does this even mean. How can Quinn take the Falcons to the playoffs when he's never coached them. He's just taken Seattle to back to back superbowls where his defence has clearly done enough both games to put a Super Bowl ring on seattles finger.

I get you don't like fans ragging on Smitty but honestly his time was up. Onwards and upwards with the mighty Quinn.

A lot of people were saying the same thing about Mike Budenholzer.

In addition to the narrative of Atlanta having the worst fans in the world, I see a new narrative starting and I'm already sick of it.

To let them tell it the NFC South is this perennially weak step-child of the league.

It's true the last couple of years it's been weak, but come on!

I remember when the NFC West was straight doodoo ...

There's no such thing as an easy schedule in the NFL but regardless of anything else you said.

Your last line destroyed any credibility you had.

Grady Jackson could have coached those teams to the playoffs riding Ryan and Turner those years. Name one time Smith did something and you said "wow that was a good coaching move"

Grady Jackson could have coached those teams to the playoffs riding Ryan and Turner those years. Name one time Smith did something and you said "wow that was a good coaching move"

yeah because so many of our coaches have had winning records, or reach playoffs in successive years. change your panties already.

I don't see why we can't be back in the playoffs this year. We almost swept the division with a questionable OL, virtually no running game, and a defense that was ranked worst in the league. Even with the few changes we've made to the roster and just having a HC that doesn't have a mangina should get us the division this year. Win the division and voila! We're back in the playoffs.

Pete Caroll took Seattle to two straight Superbowls don't get it twisted.

Pete Caroll designed the defense, help build the roster and culture and is the linchpin of their success.

Let's give Quinn credit for a positive off-season infusing excitement and optimism but let's see some evidence on the field before we claim he is superior to Smitty.

After all Smitty was very successful when he 1st arrived let's see if Quinn can get off to the same type of start with the Falcons.

Hmm sounds like the same thing Miami fans were claiming when Nick Saban was hired.

My favorite Falcons coach of all time was Dan Reeves but his Falcons coaching record isn't even remotely close to what Smitty accomplished.

Dan Reeves took Denver to 3 superbowls but struggled to turn around the Falcons. The Falcons never had a consistent history of winning until Mike Smith turned the team into a contender.

Those who knock him really don't understand the history of the Falcons organization.

Pete Caroll took Seattle to two straight Superbowls don't get it twisted.

Pete Caroll designed the defense, help build the roster and culture and is the linchpin of their success.

Let's give Quinn credit for a positive off-season infusing excitement and optimism but let's see some evidence on the field before we claim he is superior to Smitty.

After all Smitty was very successful when he 1st arrived let's see if Quinn can get off to the same type of start with the Falcons.

How many Superbowl did Carrol go to before Quinn???