Why Doesn't/didn't Beasley Get The Same Respect As Clowney?

I absolutely DO say so, and I am as confident as I can be. By the way, you didn't answer any of my questions, but that's ok. When someone is trying to make their point with high school film .. oh ... never mind. Just keep calling him a beast.

I honestly didn't read all of that. I'm just gonna be real with you. You have your opinion, it's not my position to argue it because it's not gonna change how either of us feel. I wasn't trying to prove anything with that clip, just showing how dominant he was before college. You have your opinion about that as well
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Falcons had moved heaven and earth plus a couple of 1st and 2nds for two years to sign Clowney, this message board would have a nuclear meltdown! The of cry of "BUST" would be rampant and "Dimitroffed" would be upon hundreds of lips! We draft the best passrusher in the class and they still complain.

H/W/S clowney and Beasley had similar numbers at the combine but now consider clowney is what 6'6 270lbs where as Beasley is what 6'2 240lbs.

Clowney based on his measurables is a freak of nature.

6'5" 265 vs 6'3" 245

I guess it is impressive that he's almost as athletic as a guy slightly smaller than himself...

I've always felt Clowney was HUGELY overrated, mostly by the media. He wasn't even a first or second team All-American, his final year in college was well below average, and even his own coach questioned his work ethic and dedication to the game. Yet virtually all the media "journalists" fell all over themselves declaring him the once in a generation talent.blink.png

Clowney was a unanimous All American in 2012.

I absolutely DO say so, and I am as confident as I can be. By the way, you didn't answer any of my questions, but that's ok. When someone is trying to make their point with high school film .. oh ... never mind. Just keep calling him a beast.

The college film is the same way. He was hampered by a knee injury but he is a much better player than Beasley. It's the truth.

clowney is bigger and more complete ... i do think beasley can be a better passrusher but its about being more complete

If healthy Clowney is in another class.

Beasley can be a very productive player but he doesn't have JJ Watt type ceiling Clowney does.

Btw. I heard one of the PFF nerds on NFL radio before the draft say that Beasley scored slightly positive versus the run last year. This dispels a myth that even I believed, that he can't play the run.

You believe PFF nerds?

Btw. I heard one of the PFF nerds on NFL radio before the draft say that Beasley scored slightly positive versus the run last year. This dispels a myth that even I believed, that he can't play the run.

Had something like 50 TFL in 2 years. He can be a disruptive force vs. the run too. What you can do is run through him sometimes, although he's 15 lbs heavier than when he played at Clemson.

He's got a chance to be good against the run in a year or two and a heck of a pass rusher from the jump.

It happened when she was younger right?If you tell me this happened while she was your grandmother I'm going to feel like a real b****.

Sorry lol. It was less than 10 years ago. She's better than me because I probably would have died as soon as I heard the shot itself

He got hurt but he was hellacious in the preseason as well vs our starters. "But we sucked" jokes aside I remember him knocking Tone silly and planted Ryan in the turf on Consecutive plays. Clowney is a freak point blank period. You don't get guys his size moving similar to Beasley (who is a freak in his own regard) everyday

He got hurt but he was hellacious in the preseason as well vs our starters. "But we sucked" jokes aside I remember him knocking Tone silly and planted Ryan in the turf on Consecutive plays. Clowney is a freak point blank period. You don't get guys his size moving similar to Beasley (who is a freak in his own regard) everyday

Ya man people hating on Clowney are just hiding behind the fact he got injured. He's easily the best pass rushing prospect to come out in a long long time.

It is the same reason Fowler was drafted over Beasley. Measurables are the driving force. It is why some analyst had Kevin White over Cooper. His Measurables were better. Intangibles are the things many fail to look at. The eye in the sky don't lie.

Ya man people hating on Clowney are just hiding behind the fact he got injured. He's easily the best pass rushing prospect to come out in a long long time.

Except that he has no cartilage in his knee- that's what microfracture is for- to be a sub for cartilage. Be really surprised if he's able to be dominant with that.

Archived