Why Doesn't/didn't Beasley Get The Same Respect As Clowney?

yep. It's easy to bash Clowney after he got hurt in his rookie season. Dude has been a beast since way back. I didn't want the Falcons to trade the farm for him last year like others did but I'm not foolish enough to say he didn't deserve the hype

Exactly people saying the only reason Clowney was famous for the "The Hit" Yeah right I watched him terrorize single handlely Georgia at the time. It was almost like watching a horror movie at the time.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly people saying the only reason Clowney was famous for the "The Hit" Yeah right I watched him terrorize single handlely Georgia at the time. It was almost like watching a horror movie at the time.

Dude had 4.5 sacks vs Clemson laugh.png. If you knew about him before the hit (his entire sophomore season) then u understand the hype.

that hit was beastly.

All ####### aside, I saw footage of him when he was in high school. Dude was a force. There was one play where he ran a guy down that was about to score. Clowney was the only one who gave full effort.

It was a good hit. And I did that in highschool too.

I like Clowney, though. He'll be a decent pro like Mario Williams.

Strictly speaking as far as the narrative coming from the sports media, nobody seemed to have a problem with Clowney going #1 overall. Once in a generation athlete, all that.

Both set school records for sacks. Both were All Americans. Clowney had a couple more SEC-related awards.

Both ran the same 40 time at the combine, with Beasley blowing him out of the water in just about every other event.

Beasley didn't have any of the nagging injuries or questions about his character or motor that Clowney did going into the draft.

So why was Clowney a unanimous #1 overall talent, while we still hear people saying Beasley was a reach even at #8?[/quote

It's very simple.....not the same player 6'6 '270 and runs like a rabbit

H/W/S clowney and Beasley had similar numbers at the combine but now consider clowney is what 6'6 270lbs where as Beasley is what 6'2 240lbs.

Clowney based on his measurables is a freak of nature.

Clowney's only similar combine number was the 40....Beasley figuratively handed Clowney his *** in every other category.

Vic pumped out almost twice as many bench reps, jumped 4 inches higher, jumped 6 inches further in long jump, and killed him in the 3 cone and shuttle.

Clowney has more size, which is nice, and a little bit more length.

Strictly speaking as far as the narrative coming from the sports media, nobody seemed to have a problem with Clowney going #1 overall. Once in a generation athlete, all that.

Both set school records for sacks. Both were All Americans. Clowney had a couple more SEC-related awards.

Both ran the same 40 time at the combine, with Beasley blowing him out of the water in just about every other event.

Beasley didn't have any of the nagging injuries or questions about his character or motor that Clowney did going into the draft.

So why was Clowney a unanimous #1 overall talent, while we still hear people saying Beasley was a reach even at #8?[/quote

It's very simple.....not the same player 6'6 '270 and runs like a rabbit

and has an attitude problem, history of poor work ethic, and has piled up injuries and had a significant offseason surgery

if the guy can even sniff the field, he is in the best position possible....lined up next to the best defensive player in the NFL....while Beasley gets saddled next to cast offs

Clowney's only similar combine number was the 40....Beasley figuratively handed Clowney his *** in every other category.

Vic pumped out almost twice as many bench reps, jumped 4 inches higher, jumped 6 inches further in long jump, and killed him in the 3 cone and shuttle.

Clowney has more size, which is nice, and a little bit more length.

Clowney 6'5 266lbs

40: 4.53

vert: 37.5

broad: 10'3

3 cone: 7.27

20yrd Shuttle: 4.43

Beasley 6'3 246LBs

bench:35

Vert: 41

broad: 10'8

3 cone : 6.91

20yrd Shuttle: 4.15

2inches taller and 20lbs heavier To produce very similar numbers(not exact) but similar enough is pretty impressive.

Beasley jumped 3.5inches higher,5 inches longer, a 3cone .36 faster,and .28 sec faster in a 20yrd Shuttle.

That's pretty close in numbers for being 2 inches taller and 20lbs heavier.

Dude is a freak of nature.

Dude had 4.5 sacks vs Clemson laugh.png. If you knew about him before the hit (his entire sophomore season) then u understand the hype.

Smh I wish people understood this, but just dang....Steve Spur saying what he said was just getting upset with him because dude literally knew, and everyone knew at 6'6 270 and what he was doing in High School he was READY!

I love Vic Beastley much as the next guy trust me I wanted him draft night, and he's going to be good, but I'm not that bias to think JC didn't deverse #1 last season.

Clowney 6'5 266lbs

vert: 37.5

broad: 10'3

3 cone: 7.27

20yrd Shuttle: 4.43

Beasley 6'3 246LBs

bench:35

Vert: 41

broad: 10'8

3 cone : 6.91

20yrd Shuttle: 4.15

2inches taller and 20lbs heavier To produce very similar numbers(not exact) but similar enough is pretty impressive.

Beasley jumped 3.5inches higher,5 inches longer, a 3cone .36 faster,and .28 sec faster in a 20yrd Shuttle.

That's pretty close in numbers for being 2 inches taller and 20lbs heavier.

Dude is a freak of nature.

There is no comparison when you review tape.

Clowney was treating tackles like kids. Similar numbers not similar players.

By the way I like Beasley for what we are going to use him for but he's no Clowney.

Clowney Highlights

Guest Mr Plow

yep. It's easy to bash Clowney after he got hurt in his rookie season. Dude has been a beast since way back. I didn't want the Falcons to trade the farm for him last year like others did but I'm not foolish enough to say he didn't deserve the hype

Was he a beast when he failed to be a first team All American his final year in college? Was he a beast when he failed to be a second team All American his final year in college? Was he a beast when he had all of FOUR sacks his final year of college? Was he a beast when his own coach basically said he was lazy and not committed to football? Was he a beast when he unashamedly lobbied for teams to draft him as the number one pick? Was he a beast his first year in the NFL?

He is as freaking overrated as they come. I respect you ya_boi_j but I don't give a flying frig about how he did in high school. Virtually EVERY NFL player should have been a "beast" (most overused term in the history of TATF) in high school.

It's high school footage so I'm sure it means nothing to yall but dude was a man amongst boys. He so deserved all the hype he received

Like did they really need to put an arrow on him to point him out? I mean he's the one that's moving in real time speed and the others look to be in slow motion.

People forget he owned us and there were a ton of threads about why we should've traded up that night lol. The whole team got punked that night actually.

How many beast sacks does Clowney have in the regular season? Remember, according to some in TATF, only post season stats matter! I'm waiting boys!

Was he a beast when he failed to be a first team All American his final year in college? Was he a beast when he failed to be a second team All American his final year in college? Was he a beast when he had all of FOUR sacks his final year of college? Was he a beast when his own coach basically said he was lazy and not committed to football? Was he a beast when he unashamedly lobbied for teams to draft him as the number one pick? Was he a beast his first year in the NFL?

He is as freaking overrated as they come. I respect you ya_boi_j but I don't give a flying frig about how he did in high school. Virtually EVERY NFL player should have been a "beast" (most overused term in the history of TATF) in high school.

if you say so
Guest Mr Plow

if you say so

I absolutely DO say so, and I am as confident as I can be. By the way, you didn't answer any of my questions, but that's ok. When someone is trying to make their point with high school film .. oh ... never mind. Just keep calling him a beast.

I absolutely DO say so, and I am as confident as I can be. By the way, you didn't answer any of my questions, but that's ok. When someone is trying to make their point with high school film .. oh ... never mind. Just keep calling him a beast.

Clowney IS a beast. It just has yet to be seen if he will beast versus other pro football players as well. The jury is still very much out on clowneys career.

Archived