10 Wins Next Season?

nbostp

The Falcons had 7 wins last year with inferior talent and coaching than what he have this year. Mike Smith cost the team 3 more wins directly with bad coaching decisions in the 4th quarter with leads. So given that they play the easiest schedule in the league there really shouldn't be any reason (barring injuries) that the Falcons don't have at least 10 wins.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Its possible. Especially in the NFC South.

I was surprised that the Panthers didn't try to improve their o-line in the draft. Can will have Michael Oher and Johnathan Martin as his best OTs.

Not sure if the Saints actually did much in attempt to improve their defense either.

The Bucs are the wild card of the division and have the potential to be a pretty serious threat depending on how Winston does. Since they released Michael Johnson earlier in the off season, do they even have a good/decent pass rusher currently on their team?.

Bucs improved a lot too. The division will be harder. No season is the same and it's hard to try and compare - not to mention, the team has to mesh, they have to buy into the schemes. I think since they're simple they'll learn it, but you can never be sure how it'll start off.

Waiting till it's closer to the season, I'm optimistic about the long term though.

We don't know if we have a better coach just yet. I'm behind Quinn 100% but we won't know his tendencies or how he handles critical situations until he's actually coached a game.

Won't matter, we will be up 3 possessions by halftime in every game until we get to the playoffs and then we will be in dogfights. Smith was classic for getting up on a team and the holding back. We were so much like the patriots until smith decided to pull up. Now we will blow out teams like we should of have bee doing. Quinn will get more playoffs wins than Smith in no time.

We don't know if we have a better coach just yet. I'm behind Quinn 100% but we won't know his tendencies or how he handles critical situations until he's actually coached a game.

True.

If Quinn is in any way better than Smitty was for the past 2 seasons, then the Falcons should have a decent chance in getting the division.

The NFC South will still be very tough though

Bucs improved a lot too. The division will be harder. No season is the same and it's hard to try and compare - not to mention, the team has to mesh, they have to buy into the schemes. I think since they're simple they'll learn it, but you can never be sure how it'll start off.

Waiting till it's closer to the season, I'm optimistic about the long term though.

Yep

How well Winston does and how their o-line fares will be the biggest factors in determining how dangerous the Bucs will be this season.

Panthers defense is no joke.

I'm saying 9-7 or 8-8.

Yeah, the Panthers defense is no joke indeed.

Their o-line may be their weakest link though. Michael Oher and Jonathan Martin are their starting OTs.

They will be tough within the division for sure. I just don't know how much Cam will be running for his life.

And for post number 10,000 cool.png :

Considering how poor discipline and worst play calling cost us at least two games last season (Detroit and Cleveland come to mind immediately), I can only imagine that a top 15 (or better) defense and more dynamic offense should result in at least 10 wins. We're going to get the best shot from Tampax Bay and the Stains after we swept them last season and Cam gives it his best shot when playing his favorite team, so the South will be hard won.

With that said, I think our injury situation will be less problematic on a deeper squad than it has been for the last two seasons. Most are concerned about getting a starting quality left guard, but I'm confident we'll do that. My big fear is that we won't have the depth on the OL to withstand an injury after the unit starts playing well.

I think we will get a bounce in enthusiasm due to the new coaching staff and that will benefit us greatly. The team absolutely gave up on Smitty in the last game against the Panties and that can't happen. Ever. Combine that enthusiasm with an emphasis on fundamental technique, and I think we might have something brewing in Atlanta.

Double-check that list of players we drafted before saying Oher and Martin are our starters. Everybody in the division except Tampa should have a winning record since we all have the same opponents except 2. I see the division decided in December with a 3peat.