Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FalconFanSince1970

How In The World Did We Pass On Todd Gurley? Jeez

457 posts in this topic

What really needs to happen is for people to stop asking / telling us who to ban. Stop telling us what our judgement will be if any and start reporting the infraction if it bothers you all that much. We will decide. Not you guys.

Ban.

Not to feed this horrible thread but I wonder what we would have done if the Redskins took Beasley. Assuming no trade down it probably would have come down to Dupree, Ray, Scherff, and Gurley at 8. I wonder what we would have done. I'm actually glad we didn't find out as I love Breastley.

Beasley was completely and by far the best option for us, i never put Beasley in my mocks because i didn't think he would fall to us.

great pick A+

Gurley would have been a completely wasted pick

Could have had Gurley, Gregory and Diggy in the first three rounds.

Went with Beasley, Collins and Coleman instead.

If I was running the show somebody would have to explain that one to me.

Coulda woulda shoulda.

Please just stop

If you think Beasley is gonna be an every down player you may be disappointed. I bet he'll play 50-75% of our snaps. Like Cliff Avril did for Quinn the last two years.

Do you even read what you write? I never said he was an "every down player." There isn't any such thing as an "every down" pass rusher. But you said he's a third down situational player. Now you say he'll play 50-75% of our snaps (presumably defensive snaps, though you don't make that clear).

Let's assume for your sake that's right. Is the league going to change the rules to allow our defense to go straight to third down a sufficient percentage of the time to allow him to get 50-75% of all defensive snaps? Or is he going to play on downs other than third down?

He's not a situational pass rusher. Kroy Bierman got the bulk of our defensive snaps last season and hovered around 80% or so most of the year. Since you thought Bierman was the guy at LEO, do you honestly think Bierman will get more defensive snaps than Beasley? I'll do a sig bet right now that Beasley is our starting LEO and gets more playing time than Bierman and Schofield.

OK FFS70 I do not hate you and really do not want to see you banned but for crying out load please stop the childish name calling...... People can disagree and discus without it.......

BET.......... I say Coleman gets more running yards this year than Gurly........

Your avatar pick for mine is the bet.......... Game?..........

Do you even read what you write? I never said he was an "every down player." There isn't any such thing as an "every down" pass rusher. But you said he's a third down situational player. Now you say he'll play 50-75% of our snaps (presumably defensive snaps, though you don't make that clear).

Let's assume for your sake that's right. Is the league going to change the rules to allow our defense to go straight to third down a sufficient percentage of the time to allow him to get 50-75% of all defensive snaps? Or is he going to play on downs other than third down?

He's not a situational pass rusher. Kroy Bierman got the bulk of our defensive snaps last season and hovered around 80% or so most of the year. Since you thought Bierman was the guy at LEO, do you honestly think Bierman will get more defensive snaps than Beasley? I'll do a sig bet right now that Beasley is our starting LEO and gets more playing time than Bierman and Schofield.

If Beasley gets rolled by every LT he faces he will become a situational guy like Irvin was as a rookie. Playing on obvious passing downs. That will be mostly third downs but some teams will be passing on first and second downs, depending on down, distance, clock, etc.

OK FFS70 I do not hate you and really do not want to see you banned but for crying out load please stop the childish name calling...... People can disagree and discus without it.......

BET.......... I say Coleman gets more running yards this year than Gurly........

Your avatar pick for mine is the bet.......... Game?..........

I don't bet son.

This is still going on good God almighty. FFS70, two or three 5-hour energy shots for this thread????

Let it go bro!!!

birdz4i likes this

If Beasley gets rolled by every LT he faces he will become a situational guy like Irvin was as a rookie. Playing on obvious passing downs. That will be mostly third downs but some teams will be passing on first and second downs, depending on down, distance, clock, etc.

Biermann played 78% of the snaps last year, if Beasley is in on 75% of the snaps, he's doing just fine.

I don't bet son.

I guess if I were you I would not do it ether.........You would be one broke MoFo........

Biermann played 78% of the snaps last year, if Beasley is in on 75% of the snaps, he's doing just fine.

Expect him to be closer to where Irvin was his rookie year (45%).

I guess if I were you I would not do it ether.........You would be one broke MoFo........

I don't think Coleman is gonna have the same production. I bet he will split more snaps with Freeman than Gurley will with Mason.

This should be in the NFL section since it's no longer relevant

450 replies, over 9000 views, 23 pages and 15 active users currently viewing it. Very hot topic. In addition to that, it's about the Falcons. Read the title again:

If this thread irritates you why not just leave and avoid it?

If Gurley blows both his knees out he'll be a huge bust.

See how that works?

Expect him to be closer to where Irvin was his rookie year (45%).

You'll change your answer again. This is the third one you've given in this thread alone.

Will Bierman get more snaps than Beasley?

P.S., I'm digging the **** out of this thread when the season starts and Beasley is getting the bulk of the snaps at LEO.

You'll change your answer again. This is the third one you've given in this thread alone.

If he does then we absolutely blew a number eight pick.

I originally said 50-75%. That was based on Avril's snaps the last couple years. I think he will likely be closer to Irvin's rookie year which was 45%. Pretty close to the range originally stated.

450 replies, over 9000 views, 23 pages and 15 active users currently viewing it. Very hot topic. In addition to that, it's about the Falcons. Read the title again:

very easily. thread over.

butthurt-cream-dawgmaspatentedbutthurtcr

get over it already.

Falconsfan567 likes this

If he does then we absolutely blew a number eight pick.

:lol:

I wouldn't answer it either if I were you. You'll look ridiculous whichever way you go.

Yeah and nobody agrees with you........... Give it up............

laugh.png

I wouldn't answer it either if I were you. You'll look ridiculous whichever way you go.

He's digging his hole deeper and deeper with every post.