Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FalconFanSince1970

How In The World Did We Pass On Todd Gurley? Jeez

457 posts in this topic

My brother from another mother.

Let's revisit your claim in February 2018 bro.

You a Gator fan and hate the damage he did. I understand.

He didn't play against them last year (and UF won 38-20 btw). That said, Gator or not, once they enter the draft, I couldn't care less where they went to school but instead what they can do for the Falcons. My response was more because I have zero faith in Randy Gregory and much like KoG, wanted nothing to do with him at all (even if he had been drug free). We needed a stud pass rusher and I really don't think Coleman is far off from Gurley. Put Coleman behind UGA's line and I guarantee you he'd rip off some sick numbers...

Falconsfan567 likes this

Sorry to pull the took you to a game card.

Just under attack and expected some support.

Thinking back Gazoo took me to many Falcon events. I blasted him on TATF.

So keep on bro. Gazoo is my mentor. He told me. Tell the truth. I will always tell the truth. Trust me.

Sorry my friend, I truly appreciate the ticket and the experience of watching a game with you and I just can't back you on this idea.

As much as I disagree with FFS70 on this and TD, there's no questioning his fanhood. He's a die-hard. I've been to his house and watched a game with him so this goes beyond just what I've seen on a message board. I actually know FFS70 in person and he's a Falcon through and through and has been for decades...

Agree with Cap, may question his posts, but never his fanhood.

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

Sadly, no, he'll just change his position so he can keep arguing. Thing to do is treat it like the game it is, whenever anybody on the board starts getting on my nerves, it's time for me to log off and get some air.

Fortunately for me I my nerves don't get bothered. I just laugh.

You clearly don't know 70 very well. There is a roughly 110% chance that he would be deriding TD for not taking Beasley had he drafted Gurley. Just call him Daffy.

http://youtu.be/9-k5J4RxQdE

What I'm saying is we keep agreeing with him. Think about it.

He starts a thread, EVERYBODY agrees....EVERY TIME. Who is he fighting with then? Himself.

70: TD should've drafted Gurley.

EVERYBODY: Yep

70: Matthews is overrated

70: Rabbit season

70: ya'll mofos are clueless

EVERYBODY: yep

ukfalc and Falconsfan567 like this

What I'm saying is we keep agreeing with him. Think about it.

He starts a thread, EVERYBODY agrees....EVERY TIME. Who is he fighting with then? Himself.

70: TD should've drafted Gurley.

70: Matthews is overrated

70: Rabbit season

70: ya'll mofos are clueless

EVERYBODY: yep

You'll never get everyone to do this. But if it happened, I'd put some syrup on my ROFL. I'd have a lollocaust.

You'll never get everyone to do this. But if it happened, I'd put some syrup on my ROFL. I'd have a lollocaust.

LOL yea I know. It would def be a joyous occasion. Maybe we will try to start the trend one day. See how far it goes.
JDaveG likes this

I'm sorry folks I aint over it yet. Please bear with me.

I mean how do you let another beast get out of your backyard? Criminal!!! We should have at least made the pick for Blank. He needs rest. I need rest. Yall need rest.

Don't get me wrong. I love Beasley. He was in my number two slot behind Dante. But Gurley moved in front of him on my round one board the day before the draft. He's gonna have to learn how to stop the run and drop in coverage against NFL players. Good luck.

Gurley aint got to learn sht. That mofo can run inside, run outside, bounce Falcon Oline jailbreak runs, pick up a third and one behind a Falcon Oline, leave the back seven in the dust, catch out of the backfield, block for his QB, and return kicks if we need him to. Shame, shame, shame.

Maybe you should start being a Rams fan. You could join their MB under the username RamsfansinceGurlie
mdrake34 likes this

FFS70, real talk. You don't need to let go of Gurley. What you need to let go of is your hatred for Dimitroff. I don't like the guy either, and if he craps the bed again I'll be first in line calling for his head. But this was a REALLY good draft. Ridiculously good. We didn't get the guy you want. Okay. But Pioli is in charge of the draft, and I bet if you asked Pioli, Quinn, Dimitroff, the coaching staff, Mr. Blank or the hot dog vendor, they'd all tell you Beasley was always going to be the guy if he was there. This was the right decision. Even if you disagree with it, you can't possibly think it was a bad move. Even if you think your move would have been better, give credit where it's due.

Your problem isn't that you have a different opinion. You're entitled to that. The problem is you twist and contort yourself to try to make every situation fit your "Dimi sucks" narrative. Let it go, dude. I enjoyed your posts a few years back. My favorite thread you ever started was "Buddy ain't a bust -- trust me." Brilliant work at a time when a lot of people wanted to take Vick's personal issues and paint his career with them. But you've just let the vegetarian diet and spiky hair metro look take up residence in your dome, brother. Let it go.

FFS70, real talk. You don't need to let go of Gurley. What you need to let go of is your hatred for Dimitroff. I don't like the guy either, and if he craps the bed again I'll be first in line calling for his head. But this was a REALLY good draft. Ridiculously good. We didn't get the guy you want. Okay. But Pioli is in charge of the draft, and I bet if you asked Pioli, Quinn, Dimitroff, the coaching staff, Mr. Blank or the hot dog vendor, they'd all tell you Beasley was always going to be the guy if he was there. This was the right decision. Even if you disagree with it, you can't possibly think it was a bad move. Even if you think your move would have been better, give credit where it's due.

Your problem isn't that you have a different opinion. You're entitled to that. The problem is you twist and contort yourself to try to make every situation fit your "Dimi sucks" narrative. Let it go, dude. I enjoyed your posts a few years back. My favorite thread you ever started was "Buddy ain't a bust -- trust me." Brilliant work at a time when a lot of people wanted to take Vick's personal issues and paint his career with them. But you've just let the vegetarian diet and spiky hair metro look take up residence in your dome, brother. Let it go.

I'll never understand why people make fun of his hair or the fact that he rides a bike or whatever. It's just stupid.

Falconsfan567 and Dyinglobster like this

I'll never understand why people make fun of his hair

He has better hair than most men his age. They're just jealous.

I aint no troll son. I'm a forty five year Atlanta Football Falcon fan. Eighteen year STH. Fourteen year TATF member.

Need rest. Bad. Really getting tired of the shenanigans. Need rest. Now.

Mods, this man is begging for a rest. I think you should give him one.

You got your opinion OP. I have mine.

What would have been "criminal" would have been the Falcons ignoring the virtually non-existent pass rush yet again and going for a second or third tier wannabee who had about as much chance of getting the QB as you do of getting Kate Upton.

The only explaining this FO should be doing to any of us right now is why haven't we seen drafts of this quality for the past several years.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Sorry to pull the took you to a game card.

Just under attack and expected some support.

Thinking back Gazoo took me to many Falcon events. I blasted him on TATF.

So keep on bro. Gazoo is my mentor. He told me. Tell the truth. I will always tell the truth. Trust me.

lol you lie son. Trust me

I'll never understand why people make fun of his hair or the fact that he rides a bike or whatever. It's just stupid.

It's low hanging fruit. The truth is, I don't care if he wears yellow shirts with orange polka dot ties and looks like a cast member of "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy." If he picks good players, I'm cool with him. When he doesn't, I'm not. Until 2013, he had basically one good draft. We've had 3 pretty good ones in a row, 2013 marred only by the reach for CBs when we let a really good one walk, and last year marred slightly by the 5000 linebackers we drafted late. I'm willing to let the man work, even though I can't stand his draft philosophy. Though I have to say, if the draft philosophy the past 2 seasons is what we can expect going forward, I'm happy for the change in approach.

papachaz and mdrake34 like this

Maybe if we all agree with him, then he doesn't feel the need to create this pointless thread

you don't pacify a whining child by agreeing with them, they grow to expect it if you do. TRUST ME.........bahahaha

Culain_04 likes this

Oh God, is this silliness still going on???? Can we not just have this absolutely pointless and stupid thread deleted? Gurley is a Ram....deal with it. NO WAY WE WOULD TAKE A RUNNING BACK AT 8 WITH OUR DEFENSE!!!!.........Enough said....

LOL this is like a Gurley intervention for FFS70. We know it's some good chit, but it's screwing with your brain. You can't post anything without mention Gurley,

now everybody read their letter to FFS70, LOL and somebody block the door. Hit me right in the feels....

you don't pacify a whining child by agreeing with them, they grow to expect it if you do. TRUST ME.........bahahaha

LOL...grow? I don't expect that at all from 70. He's done growing...lol

Not to feed this horrible thread but I wonder what we would have done if the Redskins took Beasley. Assuming no trade down it probably would have come down to Dupree, Ray, Scherff, and Gurley at 8. I wonder what we would have done.

Judging by who was still on the board I think the Falcons would have drafted Dupree.

Thrilled that Beasley fell to the Falcons. I just didn't see that as a realistic possibility.

Since you know him in person can you do us all a favor and smack him while telling him to stop making f***ing Gurley threads. Dude's is a RAM now get over it!

Rule #1, never tell another grown man what to do...

I asked if you would continue to whine if we didn't get Gurley or man up and support the player we got. I now know the answer

complainers gonna complain