Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FalconFanSince1970

How In The World Did We Pass On Todd Gurley? Jeez

457 posts in this topic

This Is now the Best Falcons Team we have had in over 3 years. We'll go deep into the playoffs With Beasley at DE.

The silliness of this post is that it's possible for one thing to be right without another being wrong. If we improve at all with Beasley, then we made a good decision to draft him. It's possible that we could have made a good decision by drafting Gurley. The problem is not that we screwed up by not drafting Gurley; the problem is that a day after the draft and two months of debate, OP and others cannot move on.

You might be right, but that doesn't make the team wrong.

7TeXCGf.gif

If only the Falcons had traded everything for every pick then we would have gotten everyone everybody wanted. Then we all would be so happy right now.

oh. stands for topic creator.

OP is a lot more widely-known.

I guess allknowing didn't know that. laugh.png

Did we ever figure out if that was another swift alt waiting in the wings for the season to start?

Calling any NFL football player a hood ornament is stupid. The backup punter on the Jaguars is tougher than any of us could ever dream to be.

A very narrow minded view. If you truly believe that you haven't seen the horrors that are out there.

FFS1970 , usually love reading your posts. Some funny stuff.

But foreals we had basically the worse ranked defense . Dead last in yards given up in the passing game . How do you justify not going defense first pick ?

I like Gurley too but that kid Coleman is very good . If we didn't have all these holes on defense then yeah we go Gurley but no way we can justify that move

And Gregory? This guy was 90 minutes late to a meeting and a no show for a another meeting with a team . Unheard of

I'm not sure why anyone is arguing with him about this. I personally wouldn't have lost any sleep if we had drafted him like I haven't for not drafting him. A need is a need and edge rusher was a massive one. I would understand if we had drafted Melvin being upset about not getting the guy you wanted but WOW. Its over move on with your life.

Anybody else out there think we should have taken Gurley in the first round?

No. Just no, man. NOBODY else thinks we should have taken anything except the best pass rusher in the draft with our first pick. NOBODY... Just... no, man :(

For those of you late to the party, here's the TV Guide synopsis:

2015 comedy

An elderly man who advocates for the Falcons to pass on Todd Gurley can't understand why the Falcons would pass on Todd Gurley.

5:15 pm 12hr+

Just burst out laughing +infinity

Lawd have mercy on my tired soul. I need rest Reverend.

This board needs rest.

We had a heck of a draft. Good/great value with every pick, every selection fit our scheme and needs and we found some high ceiling talents middle and late.

Just be happy with the positives of what we've accomplished and hope for the best going forward. If you can't even do that after what looks like a great draft on paper and find being a fan so tiring, maybe you need to take a step back a re-evaluate your relationship with football.

For those of you late to the party, here's the TV Guide synopsis:

2015 comedy

An elderly man who advocates for the Falcons to pass on Todd Gurley can't understand why the Falcons would pass on Todd Gurley.

5:15 pm 12hr+

laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

19 pages. Feel shame, people.

I do. It's purely self-indulgent comedy at this point.

Also, 20 pages now :D

Anybody else out there think we should have taken Gurley in the first round?

I had 3 guys over Gurley as the first pick. I thought these guys were more of a need, and less of a concern health wise,and more likely to a full 16 games from in 2015 Beasley was the one that made it through to the 8th pick.

I don't even like Gregory at the 2nd though in your scenario I do like the double dip DE,OLB but you have to do that because you picked Gurley first. Beasley is gonna be great in Quinn's defense, I want to see a Atlanta Falcons have a competent attacking defense. Loved tinkering with idea of Gurley but it wasn't meant to be,Coleman will be solid if not spectacular in his own right. I'll watch Gurley on NFL rewind, and while I do think he will be a monster it's not set in stone that he will be. LOL be glad he isn't a Saint,Panther or Buc.

That said if Beasley wasn't there I was leaning towards Gurley, didn't want to reach for some of those other guys.

****, I've been a fan four more years than FFS70 claims to be. Maybe he's actually part time and takes years off when the staff doesn't check with him first to see who they're supposed to draft. Personally, I deal with it and support it because I have no control over that and I'm pretty dang glad he isn't either.

No disrespect but we're running a new system here and having to address needs. Had the previous staff had any success the past two years, we'd have been having to trade up for Gurley and then hearing him and many others whine about giving up the future of our team. Just get over it... If Beasley plays for us like he did at Clemson, he's going to be as big of a game changer as Abraham was and that, to me makes us exciting on BOTH sides of the ball again.

As much as I disagree with FFS70 on this and TD, there's no questioning his fanhood. He's a die-hard. I've been to his house and watched a game with him so this goes beyond just what I've seen on a message board. I actually know FFS70 in person and he's a Falcon through and through and has been for decades...