Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FalconFanSince1970

How In The World Did We Pass On Todd Gurley? Jeez

457 posts in this topic

If the guy that made the bet with you apologized and said he was just plain wrong, but that he wasn't gonna eat no bug, would you let him stay? I would think he'd learned his lesson and maybe he'd quit trying to p#ss on every positive thing said.

Well he won't be doing anything here for at least the next 7 days, so there's that.

sddefault.jpg

The South Park episode was so much better than the B&B episode :lol:

"Nah, you can just keep that old arrowhead."

Tuggle'2 likes this

Worst Landing Spot

Todd Gurley in St. Louis. While Gurley’s stock continually rose during the pre-draft process, the Georgia star could have hoped for a much better destination than St. Louis. I don’t know whether Rams coach Jeff Fisher is going to run Gurley into the ground like he did Eddie George 15 years ago, but as talented as Gurley might be, he’s going to have to make the holes himself.

The left side of the St. Louis line is set, with second overall pick Greg Robinson at tackle and expensive veteran Rodger Saffold at guard. The rest of the line is a mess, with the Rams’ three other projected starters having started a total of four professional games. Tim Barnes, Barrett Jones, and Brandon Washington hardly have much of a pedigree, and while backup Garrett Reynolds has started 27 games, he simply hasn’t been very good at this level. Outside of Tampa Bay, St. Louis might have the worst offensive line in football on paper.

Gurley was linked with teams like the Cardinals and Chargers, both of whom would have provided him with far better chances for succeeding. It’s possible he’ll end up being so good that he’ll outplay his surroundings and make his offensive linemen look great, but that’s hope talking. It’s more likely the Rams will lean on Gurley as some semblance of a lazy offensive identity and end up turning him into an average running back.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/welcome-to-the-2015-nfl-draft-awards/

In case I get banned for spamming, or calling yall clueless mofos, let me leave yall with highlight films of the first three mofos I would have drafted in 2015.

Gurley went to STL. Gregory went to DAL. Diggy went to the NYG. We passed on all of them. All three had first round projections by various draft sites.

Shame, shame, shame:

Mine too. I'd have probably taken Williams over him, but based more on conventional wisdom than anything.

Beasley's measurables are off the chart, and he was productive in college to boot. He's as solid as they come. I mentioned in another thread about Pat Kirwan's "explosion number." I'm not big on using stuff like that as the be all, end all of how to evaluate prospects. But Beasley was productive in college and showed out at the combine, and so taking those into account, I feel pretty comfortable pointing out that his explosion number is nearly 87.

JJ Watt, by comparison, is 81. And Jadaveon Clowney is 68.

Gregory is about 71. When he's on weed.

Another, similar measure is Football Outsider's SACKSeer measure. Basically, it indexes each individual player in a class with all of the drafted "pass rusher" talents of the last 15 years or so. Prospects are input into their system by a combination of physical measurements, drill testing and college production. It's a projection that spits out the estimate sacks the player will accumulate in 5 years. It's had some hits and misses but its a good way to put guys in perspective with their peers.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2015/sackseer-2015

This year's #1 player? Vic Beasley. In the 95.7th percentile of all of the pass rushers drafted since 1998.

So we had the opportunity to select the best measurables edge rusher in the draft. He also happens to be intensely invested in our team. He also wasnt a "Top 10 talent" with enough off field issues to fall to 60 in the draft. He also doesnt weight 218 pounds. He's also been consistently productive and healthy.

Beasley is a home run pick. An absolutely home run. Then the rest of the draft? A series of doubles, triples and a grand slam.

Anyone second guessing anything about this draft in the first 5 rounds is a ******* moron and should be shamed publicly and repeatedly. Especially some clown shoes who touts his skills as a more obnoxious Mel Kiper with a long history of retconning his own draft opinions and saying "his guy" is really about 45 prospects. So that when one hits, he can say that's the guy he wanted.

Just hope that Gurley will have a long NFL career. Despite the team passing on him.

OK...... He changed his quote to this........ Was this.........

Johnp, on 03 May 2015 - 7:24 PM, said:snapback.png

Lot of fairys on here calling for bans

Boy does this place suck ****

Is that not a COG violation?.............

And FTR, I "disagreed" with the FO's pick on RB and WR....I had my eyes on other guys. But I'm open minded enough to recognize we got very good value with both players and there is immense upside with Coleman.

Fans of this team want whats best for the team....not whats best for the residue of their message board credibility.

In case I get banned for spamming, or calling yall clueless mofos, let me leave yall with highlight films of the first three mofos I would have drafted in 2015 All three had first round projections by various draft sites:

Bue Bye..............

In case I get banned for spamming, or calling yall clueless mofos, let me leave yall with highlight films of the first three mofos I would have drafted in 2015:

We have seen these videos 19 times but thanks...The irony of riding TD's jock as he pedals into the sun set after killing the draft. #irony

In case I get banned for spamming, or calling yall clueless mofos, let me leave yall with highlight films of the first three mofos I would have drafted in 2015.

All three had first round projections by various draft sites:

So, just for the record, you are calling us clueless mofos, or clueless mother *******, as in, people without a clue who **** their mothers?

Just want to make sure I understand you correctly.

In case I get banned for spamming, or calling yall clueless mofos

You're not going to be banned, and you shouldn't be.

You are going to be ridiculed until you show some humility and enough common decency to pick a horse and ride it instead of trolling the board by changing your position to fit your "Dimi sucks, son, trust me" narrative, and you should be.

Shuswap, HASHBROWN3, ukfalc and 3 others like this

Well he won't be doing anything here for at least the next 7 days, so there's that.

Good to know- lot of difference between what he was doing and FFS70 is. FFS70 at least has a sense of humor about it. I give 70 ish about his schtick, but I've had fun reading this entire thread.

Soon enough, we'll have OTAs , then TC and then preseason, have lots more to talk about.

No one should be banned for defending his opinion without using derogatory remarks or personal attacks. We need to realize though that the FO is under extreme pressure as well and came out with a darned impressive draft.

No one should be banned for defending his opinion without using derogatory remarks or personal attacks. We need to realize though that the FO is under extreme pressure as well and came out with a darned impressive draft.

Dude thinks it's ridiculous we didn't draft Gurley just because he likes him then continues to call us "clueless mofos". Maybe not a ban but how bout like a week off the boards or something?

Shuswap likes this

I'm sorry folks I aint over it yet. Please bear with me.

I mean how do you let another beast get out of your backyard? Criminal!!! We should have at least made the pick for Blank. He needs rest. I need rest. Yall need rest.

Don't get me wrong. I love Beasley. He was in my number two slot behind Dante. But Gurley moved in front of him on my round one board the day before the draft. He's gonna have to learn how to stop the run and drop in coverage against NFL players. Good luck.

Gurley aint got to learn sht. That mofo can run inside, run outside, bounce Falcon Oline jailbreak runs, pick up a third and one behind a Falcon Oline, leave the back seven in the dust, catch out of the backfield, block for his QB, and return kicks if we need him to. Shame, shame, shame.

damm right we need rest, we need rest from this crap. Last year it was whining by some because we didn't trade up for clowney. this year here it is again, only over gurley. Let it go, you used to be one of my favorite posters, but you can TRUST ME, I need rest from your whining......

OP needs at least a month's reprieve from posting to get this **** out of his system. Anyone else agree?

I do. And I thought it odd that he was eerily quiet during the draft. Both me and the missus are huge UGA fans and we both agree that Gurley is an injury prone whiner. Let's just see how St. Louis works out for him.

Go Coleman!!

I'm sorry folks I aint over it yet. Please bear with me.

I mean how do you let another beast get out of your backyard? Criminal!!! We should have at least made the pick for Blank. He needs rest. I need rest. Yall need rest.

Don't get me wrong. I love Beasley. He was in my number two slot behind Dante. But Gurley moved in front of him on my round one board the day before the draft. He's gonna have to learn how to stop the run and drop in coverage against NFL players. Good luck.

Gurley aint got to learn sht. That mofo can run inside, run outside, bounce Falcon Oline jailbreak runs, pick up a third and one behind a Falcon Oline, leave the back seven in the dust, catch out of the backfield, block for his QB, and return kicks if we need him to. Shame, shame, shame.

Ok let me say this, I love Todd Gurley. My best friend was Gurleys Shrine Bowl Coach (best high school players all star game from North Carolina) and he's been coaching for 25+ yrs. He told me Gurley is the best RB he's ever seen. So trust me, being from NC I had the opportunity to see Gurley play. But..... Gurleys had a history of injuries going back to HS. I'm not a UGA homer, but a Gurley

fan. We needed Beasley a pass rusher a whole lot more than a RB. You Bulldogs homers need to relax. DQ knows what we need a lot more than we do. Good luck to Gurley, but the pick had to be Beasley.

Well the other guy got a week vacation for subtle racism.

****, I've been a fan four more years than FFS70 claims to be. Maybe he's actually part time and takes years off when the staff doesn't check with him first to see who they're supposed to draft. Personally, I deal with it and support it because I have no control over that and I'm pretty dang glad he isn't either.

No disrespect but we're running a new system here and having to address needs. Had the previous staff had any success the past two years, we'd have been having to trade up for Gurley and then hearing him and many others whine about giving up the future of our team. Just get over it... If Beasley plays for us like he did at Clemson, he's going to be as big of a game changer as Abraham was and that, to me makes us exciting on BOTH sides of the ball again.

I like Gurley too but man what's done is done. Glad I live in stl so I can watch him run for a few weeks before they head to LA.

My advice is to train yourself to like Coleman. He's pretty awesome.

If Gurley takes the Rams to a super bowl and makes more pro-bowls/ puts up higher numbers than Coleman, put my name first on the "I told you so" list.

Until then let's just see what happens ... Go Falcons 😃

Ok let me say this, I love Todd Gurley. My best friend was Gurleys Shrine Bowl Coach (best high school players all star game from North Carolina) and he's been coaching for 25+ yrs. He told me Gurley is the best RB he's ever seen. So trust me, being from NC I had the opportunity to see Gurley play. But..... Gurleys had a history of injuries going back to HS. I'm not a UGA homer, but a Gurley

fan. We needed Beasley a pass rusher a whole lot more than a RB. You Bulldogs homers need to relax. DQ knows what we need a lot more than we do. Good luck to Gurley, but the pick had to be Beasley.

Coleman is a good RB too. I don't understand the problem.