Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FalconFanSince1970

How In The World Did We Pass On Todd Gurley? Jeez

457 posts in this topic

Also, since I keep hearing people compare Beasley to Irvin (in that both were considered suspect against the run), I should note -- Irvin's explosion number is 66.75.

That's what I hate scouting comparisons and I was taught against it. VERY unreliable. To me they are NOTHING alike.

More name calling........ Way to go FFS..............

Hey Tug,

What happened to this post and is it a COG violation to use multiple posting IDs?.........

Dam....... can't get the Q right.........

Could have sworn I saw Beasley beat up on Gurley a few times...

Oh he did. It was mutual. My memories of Gurley running over Beasley are much more fond though :)

Knight of God likes this

Oh he did. It was mutual. My memories of Gurley running over Beasley are much more fond though :)

I was just about to take back my compliment about your timing.
Bawse likes this

A spam violation would mean that is either making thread after thread of the same thing or repeating himself over and over or both. As of right now he is just diligently holding his ground against pretty much the entire board.

Thanks Tugg.

And that complaint was from a mofo I took to a Falcon game. angry.png

We will all see three years from now folks. Mark it down.

We stepped on our weenies again and passed on the best running back to be selected in the last eight years. Troffed.

Tuggle'2 likes this

That's what I hate scouting comparisons and I was taught against it. VERY unreliable. To me they are NOTHING alike.

Oh, I agree. It's such a tangential thing -- like saying Champ Bailey and Sanders Commings are the same player because they're both cornerbacks from Georgia. Plus, Irvin's problem against the run was inexperience, not inability. And nobody except Board "scouts" were complaining about Beasley's supposed deficiencies against the run.

FFS1970, I read every post you make and consider your insight but I have one question for you. If Gurley is such a big difference maker, how many SEC championships did UGA have with Gurley?

We can't. Because if we do, you'll whine like a preteen girl about "post digging."

/thread.

Jdave just dropped the mic and walked away.

Regardless of what people think, Beasley is good at forcing run plays back inside. I think people have forgotten how football is played.

Man, this. He's mediocre at setting the edge and people focus in on that, but the LEO doesn't really do that, he's got one gap and he plays contain. He's great at maintaining contain. I've watched him a ton and you don't see RBs bounce it outside when they're going his way. And for a guy who people will "run at" according to his detractors, they sure didn't do it in college that much. If anything they avoided his side comparatively.

Thanks Tugg.

And that complaint was from a mofo I took to a Falcon game. :angry:

We stepped on our weenies again and passed on the best running back to be selected in the last eight years. Troffed.

its better to wait and see how things work out down the road than to talk big and miss big.

Johnp, on 03 May 2015 - 7:24 PM, said:snapback.png

Lot of fairys on here calling for bans

Boy does this place suck ****

Page 5 on this thread but gone now........... IP check would maybe do it..........

We can't. Because if we do, you'll whine like a preteen girl about "post digging."

If three days got that response I can most assuredly say three years would.

Well played Jdave.....Well played indeed.

Gurley is a tall RB who runs high (upright).. He can be seen behind the Line

He won't be changing directions much...

Much like Eddie Georgia and Steven Jackson...

Beasley will be an OLB in his first few seasons in the scheme and league...

Thanks Tugg.

And that complaint was from a mofo I took to a Falcon game. angry.png

Also said I didn't want you banned.

Was more a comment than a complaint.

And, appreciated going to the game immensely, doesn't mean I have to agree with you for the rest of my messageboard life.

If I pull this thread up in 3rd years, Tug will ban me.

Even if Gurley goes on to have a HOF career, still doesn't mean it was the right move for Atlanta.

Bawse, please post the sig you would like me to use for a month. I bet you that Gurley wouldn't go in the top 15, and I was wrong

This is what a man does.

waiting for OP's rebuttal.

Bawse, please post the sig you would like me to use for a month. I bet you that Gurley wouldn't go in the top 15, and I was wrong.

If the guy that made the bet with you apologized and said he was just plain wrong, but that he wasn't gonna eat no bug, would you let him stay? I would think he'd learned his lesson and maybe he'd quit trying to p#ss on every positive thing said.