Be Entertained - Shane Wynn

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheaper too and more upside

Definitely cheaper, hard to have more upside than the most devastating returner in history but he's definitely a better receiver haha. Can't knock Hester really though, dude is such a deadly returner and it'd be hard losing that unless we're sure Wynn could fill his shoes. Just a fun positional battle to think about.

All he has to do is beat Weems and Hankerson and he's in there. Jones, White, Hardy, Hester, Wynn.

No one is beating Weems....I said it back after his second year, and I said it for years...Weems is really good at what he does.

Fans just wanna hate on him bc he is a known commodity, and was undrafted.

Biggest thing for me is the lack of imagination with Smith. Lockette was their Weems, I think we can do better, even be smarter with using someone else.

Except that few players in the NFL play special teams at Weems leve...and can return any kind of kick, block surprisingly well, and have solid hands if called upon to catch.

Idk about you guys, but I personally love the way Weems plays the game. I would take Weems experience and toughness over a rookie that may only have speed.

Agreed.

What it will come down to, is who helps us more? a ST beast like Weems or a 5th WR who can only play slot and is a good returner?

Unless something crazy happens like we just up and cut Hester then no way this dude makes the roster. PS at best and thats only if we like him more than Reedy who has 1 year of NFL experience.

Definitely cheaper, hard to have more upside than the most devastating returner in history but he's definitely a better receiver haha. Can't knock Hester really though, dude is such a deadly returner and it'd be hard losing that unless we're sure Wynn could fill his shoes. Just a fun positional battle to think about.

We brought in two speedy returner types. With them plus Reedy, I do wonder about Hester's job security.

Agreed.

What it will come down to, is who helps us more? a ST beast like Weems or a 5th WR who can only play slot and is a good returner?

Unless something crazy happens like we just up and cut Hester then no way this dude makes the roster. PS at best and thats only if we like him more than Reedy who has 1 year of NFL experience.

I agree with Weems being a good shot to make the roster (would actually like to see us get him the ball more, he breaks tackles like crazy) but not with Wynn having no shot at making the roster. Good route runners are the ideal in Shanny's offenses, and the speed to stretch the field is something he's liked in the past. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

So basically, Julio and Roddy are locks for the roster. Hardy as the drafted rookie is a lock as well, and I'd argue that Armstrong will kill a man before he allows Quinn to cut Weems.

That leaves, at most, 2 roster spots available. I had thought that Hester's spot was guaranteed, but with these returners being added, I'm now questioning that belief. If you do assume that he's a lock, then that leaves one spot, with Hankerson likely being the guy to beat. One thing's for sure, it'll be tough to make the squad as an undrafted WR.

I agree with Weems being a good shot to make the roster (would actually like to see us get him the ball more, he breaks tackles like crazy) but not with Wynn having no shot at making the roster. Good route runners are the ideal in Shanny's offenses, and the speed to stretch the field is something he's liked in the past. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

The way i see it shaking out

Julio, Roddy, Hardy, Hester (unless cut/traded) are locks

Weems ST's value makes him a lock

Hankerson knows Shannys offense, but is the only one who logically could be cut, but would we do that for a very small WR who will be 6th on the depth chart?

And keep in mind that none of those guys have PS eligibility besides Hardy, but he obviously won't go to the PS. So why cut Hankerson who knows Shannys offense and send him to free agency when you can keep him and Wynn both by sending Wynn to the PS?

The way i see it shaking out

Julio, Roddy, Hardy, Hester (unless cut/traded) are locks

Weems ST's value makes him a lock

Hankerson knows Shannys offense, but is the only one who logically could be cut, but would we do that for a very small WR who will be 6th on the depth chart?

And keep in mind that none of those guys have PS eligibility besides Hardy, but he obviously won't go to the PS. So why cut Hankerson who knows Shannys offense and send him to free agency when you can keep him and Wynn both by sending Wynn to the PS?

I don't think Hester, Weems, or Hankerson are locks at all. I do see Hankerson being very likely to make the roster due to his experience with Shanny, but Weems and Hester are older and could be beat out by a young, speedy rook. Again, I want to see open competition. This isn't me saying Weems doesn't deserve the spot, it's me saying he should earn it (and he probably will). Hester I'm not so sure of, but he could for his returning expertise.

I don't think Hester, Weems, or Hankerson are locks at all. I do see Hankerson being very likely to make the roster due to his experience with Shanny, but Weems and Hester are older and could be beat out by a young, speedy rook. Again, I want to see open competition. This isn't me saying Weems doesn't deserve the spot, it's me saying he should earn it (and he probably will). Hester I'm not so sure of, but he could for his returning expertise.

Keith Armstrong will kill a man before he allows Weems to be cut. angry.png

Hester was one of the best returners in the league last year wasn't he? We have more than enough cap room to keep him so why would we cut him for an UDFA? I'd be stunned if that happened.

And Weems was one of the better ST's gunners as he always is.

If anyone could not make the roster i would guess Hankerson, but even then i don't see a 5'8 UDFA WR beating him out. Who knows though. I do like Wynns game, but i have zero fear a team would steal him off our practice squad.

Locks in my mind for active roster:

Julio

Roddy

Hardy

Great chance at roster:

Hester

Weems

Small Chance:

Hankerson

Williams

Martino

No chance(barring injury):

Reedy

Wynn

------------------------

Julio and Roddy and Hardy should be obvious.

I think Hester is gonna make it bc of his return chops, and maybe contribute 20-30 catches/year.

Weems can do it all, and is our offensive wrench.

Hankerson I dont think makes it, he knows the system though and has had some production....BUT he doesnt excel at spec teams and is ALWAYS injured.

Williams is slight favorite of Shanahan, knows the system, and Shanahan likes some small receivers on the roster(Hawkins last year with the Browns piled up some stats).

Martino has some experience with us, and plays spec teams.

Reedy has the speed, but couldnt sniff the roster last year.

Wynn has the speed, and can return some, so we wil see how training camp goes.