La'el Collins

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

He's still on the board. We don't know if he's going to play or not, but i think getting him now will be so much upside. We gotta pull the trigger. Discuss.

He won't sign any contract since he wasn't taken in the top 3 rounds. They been saying that all day. He plans to re enter next year

nfl ruled that he won't be eligible to do that. So it's now or never for him apparently. I feel bad for him if he's innocent.

Someone posted something about a Yankees pitcher who got drafted as qb for the texans, but didn't want to play. When he did want to play, the Cowobys had to trade with the Texans for rights to him. That should be something?

If we're allowed to contact his agent, why don't we make a deal to pay him a third round contract?? Win/Win.

Rookie pay scale determines how much they get based on where they are drafted. Contracts are pretty much already hammered out for each slot. That's why he doesn't want to get drafted late. Missing on slot of money

He won't sign any contract since he wasn't taken in the top 3 rounds. They been saying that all day. He plans to re enter next year

Think he has to get drafted and subsequently decline an offer to be eligible to re-enter, can't do it if he goes undrafted.

I think...

FOX Sports 1 NFL insider Mike Garafolo reported Friday that Collins planned to not sign a contract with any team if selected in the final day of the draft and would will re-enter the 2016 NFL Draft. Per the report, Collins can only enter next year's draft if someone picks him and he doesn't sign. Should he not be selected, Collins would become a free agent.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-draft-lsu-tigers-la-el-collins-situation-takes-another-tragic-turn-as-baby-dies-050215

nfl ruled that he won't be eligible to do that. So it's now or never for him apparently. I feel bad for him if he's innocent.

Right. Gotta be something more to it though. If I was innocent I would Probably just enter

THIS. so apparently he isn't allowed yo do that.

i would take him in the 7th round ... the risk reward is thru the roof

I know about the guy saying he will decline to sign ... But dude has bills man... He will sign... I dont see him sitting out a year

Its a risk reward thing

Guest Mr Plow

His agent says he won't sign ... that doesn't mean he won't. Things change. It's worth a seventh rounder to be the team that benefits if things do change.

Why waste a pick if he will not sign?........

Most 7th Rounders don't even make the active roster. We could get a potential Day-1 starter. We gotta take the risk. Nothing to lose.

Interesting. If NFL are saying that he can't decline and re-enter then it's definitely worth it. Say hello to your starting LG.

He has to fall to us first. And we have to be willing to take him.

i would take him in the 7th round ... the risk reward is thru the roof

thats exactly what he wants I think. If he is drafted, if I understand correctly, he can decline signing and enter the draft next year. If he is a UDFA he can negotiate a better deal. Just throw a 2nd round contract at him, and it would be worth it.

thats exactly what he wants I think. If he is drafted, if I understand correctly, he can decline signing and enter the draft next year. If he is a UDFA he can negotiate a better deal. Just throw a 2nd round contract at him, and it would be worth it.

nope UDFA rookie contracts are fixed as well.

can't give him more than the ceiling

nope UDFA rookie contracts are fixed as well.

can't give him more than the ceiling

Let's freaking grab him in the 7th!! Him and Anthony Harris.

There are so many ways for a team to work around the drafted/undrafted/fixed contract parameters that I think someone would have done it already unless the league already knows more about this murder investigation than any of us man-in-the-street types.

NFL security guys have contacts throughout the law enforcement world. I think old La'el's next team will be wearing stripes, and I don't mean the Bengals.

IF he is totally innocent of any wrong doing it might be reasonable for the NFL to allow something special .........to allow him a fair chance to be compensated fairly.

The fans of NFL football would applaud that.

This whole situation is messed up. At this point in time, Collins isn't even a suspect. If the police aren't treating him as a suspect, why not wait until after the draft to put his name out there instead of basically ruining this kids life. He could have been drafted in the first round and because of this, the kid is untouchable. Unless the NFL knows something that the general public doesn't, I don't understand how or why they won't make an exception for this very unique situation and allow him to re enter the draft next year since he didn't get picked. His only chance to enter the 2016 draft was if someone took a chance on him and he refused to sign, and that didn't happen. His only option now is as an UDFA. I think this is going to cause him to lose a lot of money. The Baton Rouge PD and the NFL did this kid no favors and in my opinion, this is pretty sh¡tty thing to do to someone. All this, of course, is if he is innocent of this terrible crime. I've read that he has taken some type of lie detector test and passed. I guess we will find out more after he talks to the police on Monday and after he takes a paternity test.