Judging By Nolan Nawrocki's "top 150" Players, We Are Outperforming Our Draft Slots Substantially

g-dawg

Falcons Draft Picks versus Nolan Nawrocki's rankings

#1-008) Vic Beasley - Ranked #13 (+5) - slight reach

#2-042) Jalen Collins, CB-LSU - Ranked #28 (-14) - value pick

#3-073) Tevin Coleman, RB-Indiana - Ranked #31 (-42) - total steal

Total Outperformance to Draft slot: (-51)

While this analysis is a little "nerdy", it does validate the way I feel about this draft.

Great job.......need a big ugly for the O-Line now. Is Tre Jackson, OG-FSU still available? seems like the run on offensive linemen has not left much to choose from.

The Bengals stole one of my draft crushes and the other isn't really needed anymore. Hopefully they're gunning for a LG, TE, and DE now.

No good TE's left. Could argue the same for LG. Give me a WR like Hardy tomorrow morning, a guy like Varga or Fowler next... good things will come of that.

No good TE's left. Could argue the same for LG. Give me a WR like Hardy tomorrow morning, a guy like Varga or Fowler next... good things will come of that.

It's the 4th round. If you're looking for good players right off the bat at this point you're going to be severely disappointed.

It's the 4th round. If you're looking for good players right off the bat at this point you're going to be severely disappointed.

Top of the fourth, there are still good players if you don't focus in on position too deeply... you can get heavy rotation guys pretty easily.

I know TJ Clemmings has the injury, but in the 4th...what do you think? I love the way he finishes plays and his athleticism. He's at the top of my wish list in the 4th. Could start if he recovers from the injury.

I know TJ Clemmings has the injury, but in the 4th...what do you think? I love the way he finishes plays and his athleticism. He's at the top of my wish list in the 4th. Could start if he recovers from the injury.

Yeah I really like Clemmings. What is the injury he has BTW?

Yep. WR next and a big RB later is the exact order I want.

I wanted LG badly, but don't see it.

If we took WR, then another long defender, then a Varga or Fowler (or even that type) the draft sets up very well and we just have to grab a vet OG post draft.

No doubt about it. Finally a smart draft that is going in the right direction

While this analysis is a little "nerdy", it does validate the way I feel about this draft.

Great job.......need a big ugly for the O-Line now. Is Tre Jackson, OG-FSU still available? seems like the run on offensive linemen has not left much to choose from.

In the 4th I would risk it. Really like him. Hopefully Baker could stay healthy and we could give him some time. Still for him to fall this far I am thinking that it must be a little worse than that. Hate it for him he has some potential hope it is not bad and we can grab him.

you are just a lovable nerd

Yep. WR next and a big RB later is the exact order I want.

I wanted LG badly, but don't see it.

If we took WR, then another long defender, then a Varga or Fowler (or even that type) the draft sets up very well and we just have to grab a vet OG post draft.

Well I still like Austin Shepherd in the 6th or 7th. He could be a good guard and possibly develop into a RT

Shepherd, Austin OT 6'5" 320

Alabama

There is also that guy from Fresno that we are rumored to like a lot that could go undrafted. Then there is of course Clemmings but not sure what they know about his foot.

No point in drafting Collins, he said he was going to sit the year if he didn't get drafted in the first three because they wouldn't let him enter the supplemental draft. Don't blame him one bit of he's innocent

Players say a lot of things before the draft.