Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF89

Hawks/wizards Game 1 Thread

298 posts in this topic

I'm sure nobody needs to be told but Tuesday is a must win. Wizards snuck up and stole game 1 from the Raptors despite a strong 4th and even when we all assumed Toronto, would at least rebound and even the series, Washington took the advantage and never let go.

I'm not going to tell you we absolutely can't come back from 0-2 cause I think they're is an advantage to be had when finally we get some rest on the road to DC but asking them to to show enough consistency to win 4 of 5 is a tall order (4 of 6 is hard enough), everyone knows the history of this city, I'm not sure we could handle the pressure of it.

C'mon Hawks step it up game 2, let's not go gently into that night.

Honestly I think if we can win 1 of the next 3 we can win at home in game 5 and then game 6 in Washigton it might as well be even. I'm not really concerned cause I know we will beat Washington.

Have they had much of a chance yet?

I feel like if I say "Well they did it all season" you'd say, "well that's the regular season, this is the playoffs."

Then if I say "Well they closed it out against Brooklyn last round" you'd say, "Well they aren't a 'quality' team."

So to save all of that, I'll just say you need to give them a chance to show you.

I know this, they've played 7 playoff games and outside of closing out game 6 against Brooklyn I see the same trend from this team when the opposition makes a run. You survived the home games against Brooklyn but the fact that it continues against a better Wizards team just leads me to believe that this team isn't really capable of performing consistently under pressure. I'll be shocked if they aren't eliminated by this Wizards team and I won't put it on fatigue our the refs because I'm seeing them continue to fold.

The postseason is a different monster than the regular season. I can see a game or two but what we're seeing now is a trend. I don't buy that this team is capable of playing to the levels they played at back in January through 4 quarters against quality competition now.

DirtybyrdGA and sdogg like this

LMAO I mentioned earlier in this thread that comments like this will come, smfh. It's one game and we can adjust. Don't forget to hang around when we win also.

Smh I already made a thread about this lol I can't do it twice.

I know this, they've played 7 playoff games and outside of closing out game 6 against Brooklyn I see the same trend from this team when the opposition makes a run. You survived the home games against Brooklyn but the fact that it continues against a better Wizards team just leads me to believe that this team isn't really capable of performing consistently under pressure. I'll be shocked if they aren't eliminated by this Wizards team and I won't put it on fatigue our the refs because I'm seeing them continue to fold.

The postseason is a different monster than the regular season. I can see a game or two but what we're seeing now is a trend. I don't buy that this team is capable of playing to the levels they played at back in January through 4 quarters against quality competition now.

Guess you'll be eating crow fairly soon then it's just one game, and right now they just got extremely 3 happy Tuesday all those missed shots might go in, and also as said the starters have shown up its the rest that I'm worried about so far only 7 players are out there, and that's Pero, Horford, DMC, Millsap, Teague, Korver, and Dennis those are carrying us if Scott or Bazemore come around this could be over in 5.

Guess you'll be eating crow fairly soon then it's just one game, and right now they just got extremely 3 happy Tuesday all those missed shots might go in, and also as said the starters have shown up its the rest that I'm worried about so far only 7 players are out there, and that's Pero, Horford, DMC, Millsap, Teague, Korver, and Dennis those are carrying us if Scott or Bazemore come around this could be over in 5.

I hope so. I just can't drink the Kool-Aid right now. What everyone else sees as fatigue I see as a team that continues to hit the panic button.

Da Bird is Da Word and sdogg like this

Hey man. I'm just gonna come right out and say it...

We're better than the Wizards. We're gonna win the next game, get a four day rest, recharge, refocus, and then beat them three more times. Trust me.

Zone#7, blkbigdog35 and AF89 like this

Hey man. I'm just gonna come right out and say it...

We're better than the Wizards. We're gonna win the next game, get a four day rest, recharge, refocus, and then beat them three more times. Trust me.

That's what I'm saying now that I've calmed down lol this is exactly what's going to happen.

Tuesday their ***** are ours lol.

No.11 likes this

Looked like they were not pissed off today.

Stop the big men from shooting 3's...They have to tussle with teh Wizard's big-boys, and stop setting-up for "Showtime 3s".. "Look everyone on the roster cna shoot 3s!"

It's the playoffs now..and teams that cannot shoot, are eliminating your because you have 2 centers running away from rebounds.. to take slow 3s...

I hope so. I just can't drink the Kool-Aid right now. What everyone else sees as fatigue I see as a team that continues to hit the panic button.

Hubie Brown nailed it during the 4th quarter. They get away from the ball movement and start rushing threes with plenty of clock left. They did it for a whole quarter. The do seen to hit the panic button. It.is frustrating knowing what they need to do, but they don't do it. It is a pattern that is consistent throughout every playoff game, so it is a cheap shot to accuse us of overreacting after game 1 of this series.

Fellas the thing is now how is Beal an Wall gonna play with their injuries throughout he rest of the series? I mean Pierce can only carry them so far.

If we were gassed vs the Bullets being rested, it is our fault for not finishing off a lousy Brooklyn team. 1vs 8 series should always be sweeps.

If we were gassed vs the Bullets being rested, it is our fault for not finishing off a lousy Brooklyn team. 1vs 8 series should always be sweeps.

Now this is a very narrow-minded cheap shot. Quoting Aaron Rodgers...

R-E-L-A-X

Zone#7 and blkbigdog35 like this

Muscala needs to play more minutes. Antic is useless when it comes to rebounding and protecting the paint. He can't jump, is stiff, and has short arms.

Now this is a very narrow-minded cheap shot. Quoting Aaron Rodgers...

R-E-L-A-X

Exactly R-E-L-A-X needs to be repeated to this fanbase countless number of times man geez.

Keep telling people difference between New Orleans, Bucks, Celtics etc. vs the Brooklyn Nets

THOSE THREE TEAMS ARE NEW TO THE PLAYOFFS COMPLETELY!

Brooklyn has been there within the last 4 years NOLA, Bucks, and Celtics(As constructed) haven't.

Brooklyn is just like Paul Pierce said whole lot of talent only playing when they feel like it.

So what that means is Brooklyn was good enough to be a 4th seed in the east, but played terriblely cause D-will no longer cares, and Joe Johnson is getting paid he doesn't give a crap either.

Only 2 guys on that team showing heart all series long maybe 3 Lopez, Jack, and Anderson. That's it.

---------------------------------

Moving on to the other series I believe we have the same problem we did against teams like Celtics/Magic we only get up for Big Name Teams. So I think all our hollering possibly could be overdone cause Wizards are just a step above Nets possibly. Something tells me if we make ECF that's where the real Hawks January team may show up(hopefully).

No.11 likes this

Honestly think they're already mentally capable of January mode they just need their bodies to catch up. 1st half yesterday was a basketball clinic. Second half was closer to a methadone clinic.

Zone#7 and No.11 like this

Pierce: 'Pressure is all on' Hawks

ATLANTA -- In more subtle way than he did in the first round with the Toronto Raptors, Paul Pierce made another statement after the Wizards' Game 1 win vs. the Atlanta Hawks.

Pierce had 19 points, including a clutch three-pointer late in the fourth quarter to hold off a run.

"You're the hunted. You're a 60-win team, the No. 1 team in the East. That's what it is. The pressure is all on you now," said Pierce, who won an NBA championship with the Boston Celtics in 2008. "I've been in those situations where we get everybody's best shot. That's just what it is when you're the top team."

The Hawks missed wide-open looks, including six in a row during a sequence when they had five offensive rebounds from 2:20 of the fourth quarter until 1:38.

I can't stand Pierce but I said going in I was worried about this series because he's great at getting in guys heads and I wasn't sure that are team was ready to deal with the pressure of being a #1 seed with these expectations.

Wizards are good but like Zone #7 said we are better. On paper anyway...

I need those guys to put on their big boy pants in clutch moments.

Not a huge basketball fan but I root for all ATL sports teams and its been fun following the Hawks this year. Glad to see they made it past the first round and hope they put up a good fight in round 2. Need to get a W tomorrow and even things up.