Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF89

Hawks/wizards Game 1 Thread

298 posts in this topic

Hawks have got to win game 2. If not, they're gonna get bashed by the national media.

This city isn't mentally strong enough to survive an 0-2 deficit. I know I'm not.

Another regular-season Champion Atlanta team..,

You could at least wait until a possible 3rd or 4th loss to start making statements like this...

Jeez.

Zone#7 likes this

Yall chill we will win game 2.

I think we will too. But to only be down 4 points with less than min to go, and having a horrible 2nd half, the Hawks should have won by 15.

I don't understand why he never called timeout when the wheels were coming off in the second half

Yeah I wondered that as well especially to settle guys down and get them moving the ball again and driving to the basket.

Treadmill team will be treadmill. Nothing changed. This team and basicslly all Atlanta franchises are complete jokes in playoffs. All this talk about this genius Bud yet playing Pero 20 mins .Regular season champs and here comes 2nd round exit.

LMAO I mentioned earlier in this thread that comments like this will come, smfh. It's one game and we can adjust. Don't forget to hang around when we win also.

JerseyNo11 and Zone#7 like this

LMAO I mentioned earlier in this thread that comments like this will come, smfh. It's one game and we can adjust. Don't forget to hang around when we win also.

Except they won't. These people were no where to be found when we closed out the series Saturday. SMH

I sympathize with them though. Speaking for myself but living and dieing with these teams can turn a man into one heck of a pessimist.

Except they won't. These people were no where to be found when we closed out the series Saturday. SMH

Yep it's all good he will visit my ignore list!!biggrin.png

I agree its just game 1. If we lose the next one, then I will get worried.

if we go to washington trailing 0-2 its over imo... I hope we do the same Indiana did last year against them, lost first 1 at Indy then won the series 4-2

I'm sorry, I know it's just game 1 but I've seen nothing from this team to suggest that they'll step up in the moment against a quality team. If I'm wrong I'll eat my crow but I think the Wizards take the series despite what may happen on Tuesday.

sdogg likes this

I'm sorry, I know it's just game 1 but I've seen nothing from this team to suggest that they'll step up in the moment against a quality team. If I'm wrong I'll eat my crow but I think the Wizards take the series despite what may happen on Tuesday.

Have they had much of a chance yet?

I feel like if I say "Well they did it all season" you'd say, "well that's the regular season, this is the playoffs."

Then if I say "Well they closed it out against Brooklyn last round" you'd say, "Well they aren't a 'quality' team."

So to save all of that, I'll just say you need to give them a chance to show you.

blkbigdog35 likes this

I still think we've got a good shot. When we were fresh we were playing circles around these guys, both today and in the regular season. I'm just frustrated as heII we let what should have been an opening win at home get away from us by playing some really really bad basketball. This was a huge coup for the Wizards. They just snatched homefield from us and we'll likely be no better rested Tuesday than we are today. Had we won we'd be sitting on all the momentum and would've had potential to close this series out in 5 games. Now we'll be lucky to do it in 7.

blkbigdog35 likes this