Short Yardage Scenario

This idea that you have to have a giant running back to pick up a 3rd and 1 is hilarious to me. You need BLOCKING. It doesn't matter who you give the ball to, if you block well you'll pick up a yard. We had a 240 lb running back the past 2 years and he couldn't pick up a yard to save his life when it mattered.

This idea that you have to have a giant running back to pick up a 3rd and 1 is hilarious to me. You need BLOCKING. It doesn't matter who you give the ball to, if you block well you'll pick up a yard. We had a 240 lb running back the past 2 years and he couldn't pick up a yard to save his life when it mattered.

THIS

Matt Jones anybody?

I like the guy and I'm a Florida fan, but he's just not worth a pick. With Freeman, Coleman, and Smith we've got a nice collection of backs. We still need to go heavy defense in this draft. If Fowler is there in the 6th or 7th I'd be all for taking him because he can be the fullback too, which is something Matt Jones can't do.