Atlanta Whiffed With Vic Beasley.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see ANY highlights (NFLN) on him when we selected him as they did the others...or did I miss that?

You didn't miss it. I too was like what! The pick came and went without hardly any commentary on it. Oh we'll, let's just hope the Beasley pick will look great after the season is over.

Guest Gritz

So much butt hurt...everywhere you look.

Hey OP, what will your new handle be when Beasley gets double digit sacks his first year?

How about "SallyMindsHerOwnBusiness?"

The team that really screwed up is Washington. We probably offered them a 3rd and more and they turned it down and took Scherff who they could have likely had at 8 had they done the trade down. Washington would be sitting pretty with Scherff and extra picks to boot.

Your right. But this is Washington your talking about. They're not known for smart decisions, just like Cleveland (who had a good draft imo).

Were there really many analysts other than McShay hating on him? I thought Mayock and Mooch were pretty fair (I didn't watch the ESPN coverage)

I watched on NFL network and they didn't say much or interview him like the others I thought. He was a looked over pick and I agree with everyone else, he deserved a lot better. Especially turning out to be the only pass rusher in the draft that went in the first round without character issues or concerns about injury or play.

Were there really many analysts other than McShay hating on him? I thought Mayock and Mooch were pretty fair (I didn't watch the ESPN coverage)

When every other kid is getting highlights and praise and he gets an aire of disappointment all cause some strange need for us to take Gurley or create drama in the draft its bad. Its all good though. Haters gon hate and we got our guy.

Especially turning out to be the only pass rusher in the draft that went in the first round without character issues or concerns about injury or play.

Or wearing gold spikey shoes with a white suit (Fowler). Vic looked professional.

I didn't see ANY highlights (NFLN) on him when we selected him as they did the others...or did I miss that?

Also struck me as very strange seemed like one of the only ones to do that too, even on the recaps that I've watched they jumped from 7 to 9 or 7 to 10.

You didn't miss it. I too was like what! The pick came and went without hardly any commentary on it. Oh we'll, let's just hope the Beasley pick will look great after the season is over.

Absolutely NO footage on him...It was disrespectful to him as well. I was saying..."how the NFL...not promote its own "product?""

I seem to remember another Georgia running back that was so good he was going to break every record that ever existed in football, just like Gurley. Knowshon Moreno? How'd that work out.

Gurley and Moreno are not in the same class. I don't think anyone ever said Moreno would break every record in football either. Especially not after getting shut down against Alabama. He didn't live up to his draft pick. I expect Gurley to be a far better pro.

I'd rather have Nick Chubb but I'll wait and see how healthy he can stay as Georgia's premier back

And by me supporting Gurley I am in no way bashing the pick of Beasley. I am happy we picked him and that's who I wanted us to get.

I believe Freeman and a later round RB can split the carries. Beasley addresses an area of need that we have been waiting to be taken care of for a long time.

Gurley and Moreno are not in the same class. I don't think anyone ever said Moreno would break every record in football either. Especially not after getting shut down against Alabama. He didn't live up to his draft pick. I expect Gurley to be a far better pro.

I'd rather have Nick Chubb but I'll wait and see how healthy he can stay as Georgia's premier back

Chubb is going to be just as good if not better than Gurley. I'd love to see him in a Falcons uni, but if we have a screaming need for something other than a RB, I don't think there's any way you can pass it up. Plus, I would've taken Gordon over Gurley anyway IF we decided to choose a rb.

Guest Gritz

And by me supporting Gurley I am in no way bashing the pick of Beasley. I am happy we picked him and that's who I wanted us to get.

I believe Freeman and a later round RB can split the carries. Beasley addresses an area of need that we have been waiting to be taken care of for a long time.

...and there it is.

I love Gurley also. I think he's going to be a stud in the NFL. I hope he has an excellent career. Just grinds my gears on here (and all other social media) when people feel the need to run their teams pick down because it wasn't who they wanted.

It shows a level of maturity usually seen only in preschools.

When I talked to Atlanta coach Dan Quinn on SiriusXM this week, it was pretty clear he wanted to improve the defense and the run game. Personally, I thought he should've addressed the latter -- not the former -- at No. 8.

Vic Beasley struck me as a major stretch there. Yes, he put on a show at the "Underwear Olympics" (also known as the NFL Scouting Combine), but I thought he was a mid-first-round talent. While Quinn can coach him up, Todd Gurley should've been the pick. The Georgia running back would've been the perfect guy to complement Matt Ryan and keep the Falcons' defense fresh -- akin to what DeMarco Murray did for Dallas last year. Atlanta does not employ a legit starting NFL running back.

This was odd. And a blown opportunity

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000489584/article/2015-nfl-draft-raiders-browns-highlight-firstround-takeaways

Lol you guys crack me up...so we reached with the top 1 or 2 ranked pass rusher--who was ranked that prior to the underwear Olympics...u smoking some of Gregory's stuff?

Let's see, our greatest need was a pass rusher with speed....someone that has talents that are not already duplicated by someone else on the roster.

Our first round pick fits that description perfectly. We did not have to trade up to get him.

......And we still have whiners.

Ok, this must be Atlanta.