Atlanta Whiffed With Vic Beasley.

ROFLMAO !!!!!

Last night when our pick was selected one of my very first thoughts was, "I am sure some homer will make a post whining about us not selecting Gurley."

BAM! Just like clockworh the homer shows up.

With the Falcons worse defense in team history last year, why in the h3ll would we pick a running back at all. Not even to mention one coming off an injury that makes his return to his former self questionable. With no viable pass rusher on the team since dummytroff let Abraham escape, why would we use a coveted high pick on a position that the average NFL running back can fulfill quite easily in a ZBS>

The answer is: A HOMER WANTS HIM!

Thanks for making my day so funny. I haven't been on this board in weeks, but i KNEW I would get the laugh of the day with your post my friend.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I seen that he's already acting immature by post a pic of himself with crab legs, 5 min after he got drafted. Then took it down. What a dumb@ss. I think I hate him more than Cam now, if that's possible.

That actually started a discussion on another message board I use. TB was apparently ticked off and demanded he pull the post. It got people wondering who the last overly entitled, remorseless college player was who came into the NFL, grew up, and became a reliable player/respected teammate. There are a few winning answers, but it's...a small list.

ROFLMAO !!!!!

Last night when our pick was selected one of my very first thoughts was, "I am sure some homer will make a post whining about us not selecting Gurley."

BAM! Just like clockworh the homer shows up.

With the Falcons worse defense in team history last year, why in the h3ll would we pick a running back at all. Not even to mention one coming off an injury that makes his return to his former self questionable. With no viable pass rusher on the team since dummytroff let Abraham escape, why would we use a coveted high pick on a position that the average NFL running back can fulfill quite easily in a ZBS>

The answer is: A HOMER WANTS HIM!

Thanks for making my day so funny. I haven't been on this board in weeks, but i KNEW I would get the laugh of the day with your post my friend.

This is an article man. Adam Schein wrote it. It isn't Falcon fans blowing hot air over not selecting Gurley. It is members of the media. Weird, infatuated, butt hurt members of the media who seem to be waaaaay to emotionally involved with Gurley to Atlanta. lol

I have to believe that Washington knew something about a team picking at (or moving up to) #6/#7, because you're right that they should have been thrilled to trade down otherwise. They just took a guard at #5 overall. That's..unusual.

Beasley should be able to make an immediate impact as a pass rusher but I think in time other guys like Dupree/Ray may prove to be better all around players. While Vic helped his stock at the combine, it is not as if he was a workout warrior who didn't produce in college. 33 career sacks is quite the feat in major college football.

Think about it from the Jets' perspective. What would it cost for you to let Williams go?

To me, it seemed that everybody had the same feeling as the Seahawks, which was that there were only 16 guys with a first round grade (which is why they traded theirs for Graham). As a result, those that maybe wanted to move up were unable to because the teams that wanted to trade down (Tennessee, Washington, New York) were asking too much. Personally, I thought the two trades that did happen were costly for the two teams that moved up, and they only went up a handful of spots.

They still have the Civil War mentality. West coast and northern media have always downplayed Atl's success and focus on the "failure".

"Great pick by the Bears at 7. They needed a receiver and got one. How about the next pick by the Giants, they did good as well."

Pretty much what it sounded like lol

Uh.........last time I checked your home boy Hero, Gurley couldn't even perform at the Underwear Olympics.

Real durable.

When the real bullets start flying in Sept. Mr. Girlie will be on the sidelines where he'll probably spend 80% 0f his brief 2-3 yr. NFL career.

A real warrior.

It's the NFL injuries happen. Gurley is a monster. If he can recover he will definitely be worth the top 10 pick. If we could have addressed the pass rush in FA he could have been our pick. We just had a greater need on the edge.

Gurley is fresh off an ACL tear and did no offseason workouts for teams. Him going 10th is a testament to how much he already put on film. Like I said if he stays healthy, he's the next AP.

Beasley should be able to make an immediate impact as a pass rusher but I think in time other guys like Dupree/Ray may prove to be better all around players. While Vic helped his stock at the combine, it is not as if he was a workout warrior who didn't produce in college. 33 career sacks is quite the feat in major college football.

Being the Clemson sack record holder is not some easy feat. Lol

Dude Gurley would have been a nice choice and our offense would average 30 a game. But having a high octane offense didnt mean squat. If your defense cant get off the field with no speed/pass rush. Our offense would be in the same situation as last year. Having to out score an opponent.

How long do we keep neglecting this defense with no pass rush? Do you get tired of seeing this defense crucified

on 3rd down?

Edited by birdman71

On Tape Beasley looks like a young Abraham. Insanely quick out of the gates, causes alot of forced fumbles, rarely whiffs on a QB and when he does is fast enough to run them back down. Their is pretty much no way anyone could bash this pick. He was BPA at #8 and also fills our biggest weakness and we did not have to move anything to get him. This pick was a no brainer through and through. Plus Beasley is from GA and has been a Falcon fan his whole life and publicly stated he wanted to come here.

Edited by MAD597

Nope. They went right to trashing Beasley and blasting that false outrage we didn't draft Gurley after our pick. Which was pretty much the only one to get it period. This whole media hating on Atlanta thing is strange.

That's what I thought. What is up? Beasley is one of, if not, the best defensive pass-rusher in the draft and since "they" say we need one desperately...we get trashed when we get him.

It's the NFL injuries happen. Gurley is a monster. If he can recover he will definitely be worth the top 10 pick. If we could have addressed the pass rush in FA he could have been our pick. We just had a greater need on the edge.

Gurley is fresh off an ACL tear and did no offseason workouts for teams. Him going 10th is a testament to how much he already put on film. Like I said if he stays healthy, he's the next AP.

I seem to remember another Georgia running back that was so good he was going to break every record that ever existed in football, just like Gurley. Knowshon Moreno? How'd that work out.

I seem to remember another Georgia running back that was so good he was going to break every record that ever existed in football, just like Gurley. Knowshon Moreno? How'd that work out.

NoShow/NoHeart Moreno. I knew he was a scrub coming out. Anyone without homer goggles on did.

I seriously don't remember...it was VERY disrespectful to me as an Atlanta fan. I was actually upset.

No, he did not. I too was rather annoyed by that. You'd think that a known Falcons fan getting drafted by the Falcons would be a interesting story to share with the millions of viewers watching the draft. Instead they focus on Shelton bear-hugging the commissioner and Fowler's gawdy shoes.

Edited by BritFalcon

I seriously don't remember...it was VERY disrespectful to me as an Atlanta fan. I was actually upset.

Beasley, the draftee deserves better. It is very classless to do the young man the way they did. Especially him being pretty much the only one out of 32 that got it like that. Butthurt analysts sour over being wrong and took it out on the kid.

Beasley, the draftee deserves better. It is very classless to do the young man the way they did. Especially him being pretty much the only one out of 32 that got it like that. Butthurt analysts sour over being wrong and took it out on the kid.

Were there really many analysts other than McShay hating on him? I thought Mayock and Mooch were pretty fair (I didn't watch the ESPN coverage)