Day2: Randy Gregory Still Available  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to get Gregory in the 2nd?

• Absolutely! Beasley and Gregory is insta-death!
    • I wouldn't be mad but RG is not a priority.
    • Not ideal but TD, DQ and SP know best
    • We have other needs, maybe if he is still there in the 3rd.
    • Nope. Just can't accept this guy.

It's day 2 and the best chance for value is here. There are a lot of quality players still on the board but the most interesting is Randy Gregory. Simple poll question...if he is still there when we pick do we take him. I will say up front, that I am not a fan. Showing up to the combine and positive testing pushed him to "not serious" for me and not worth picking up but I would not be mad if we did. What does TAFT think?

I would strongly consider it if he is still there at our pick. I know we have other holes and double dipping at pass rusher may compromise our ability to shore up RB, TE, LG but we could instantly turn a huge hole on our team to one of its strengths if Gregory lives up to his potential. There should be a good TE available in the 3rd, and guard and RB can be addressed with our mid to late round picks especially with us implementing the zbs.

Completely ignoring his off the field issues, there's a strong chance he's just not that good on the field, either. These exceptionally long and lean pass rushers just don't work out very often. Gregory screams Dion Jordan/Aaron Maybin. NFL pass rushers have to have a blend of speed and power and Gregory's build just doesn't give him the power to go through blockers.