Something That's More Than Likely Not Gonna Be Accepted Or Liked

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

U wot m8? How do you know there is a good chance?

Regardless, i wouldn't be upset at all if it were Strong as a WR or Clemmings as an OT. Other than those 2, there really isn't many offensive guys i would want at #42.

15 of the last 18 draft picks have been D, most of the FAs last 2 years have been D. Really good bet they take an offensive player here.

15 of the last 18 draft picks have been D, most of the FAs last 2 years have been D. Really good bet they take an offensive player here.

Not saying its not possible. I was saying that stating "we have no clue who they like" and then saying "there is a pretty good chance we take a WR" doesn't make much sense because how can there be a pretty good chance yet we as fans don't know who they like? More like there is just a chance.

Regardless, i don't think past picks dictates who you pick. When our offense is top 10 and your defense is bottom 5 then obviously you need to address defense more. But anyways, i'd be fine with Strong or an OT like Clemmings.

Oh well. Clearly, we as fans don't know of what these guys want, we are just guessing. It's an accepted fact, hopefully. Seeing 6 wr gone in the first round last night was pretty eye opening. I know alot are completely against the idea and that's completely your opinion, but it's a chance Roddy's replacement could be snagged in round 3,earlier than most want a wr because of what you feel the team needs over other positions.

If wr start coming off the board late 2nd into the 3rd round, there's a good chance Falcons may go offense with the pick, wr specifically. Round 2 could be the round a RB is selected. Who knows. It's something to think about though.

sammie-coates-uses-some-muscles-against-

I would love a WR in the third or fourth. Too many times have we drafted WRs late in the draft who just end up becoming camp bodies. We need someone who has the ability to develop and replace Roddy in a few years.

I think the fourth round is a great spot for WR or even TE. Ty Montgomery is a big YAC guy that could be developed at WR. Clive Warford (msp?) is an athletic TE who could be there. I like Doyle from Delaware in 4th or 5th at TE. Just too many WRs to name..maybe even Smelter or Waller in those rounds

I would love a WR in the third or fourth. Too many times have we drafted WRs late in the draft who just end up becoming camp bodies. We need someone who has the ability to develop and replace Roddy in a few years.

considering Weems is mostly a body on the bench, will never be a starter although he does step up late in games when needed when someone is injured and a decent blocker, Hester is near the end of his career and not the most reliable, Hankerson is an injury from ir(loved the signing though) that's not really the most reliable depth behind roddy and Julio from the jump. It would be nice to have someone capable of being the #2 grooming for a year or 2. Even if Hankerson can prove healthy it helps even more. Not like there is gonna be alot of money involved lol.

Not saying its not possible. I was saying that stating "we have no clue who they like" and then saying "there is a pretty good chance we take a WR" doesn't make much sense because how can there be a pretty good chance yet we as fans don't know who they like? More like there is just a chance.

Regardless, i don't think past picks dictates who you pick. When our offense is top 10 and your defense is bottom 5 then obviously you need to address defense more. But anyways, i'd be fine with Strong or an OT like Clemmings.

At some point, you have to let the youngsters and FAs play, I wouldn't be surprised if the next 2 picks are offense.

At some point, you have to let the youngsters and FAs play, I wouldn't be surprised if the next 2 picks are offense.

Or you can upgrade the youngsters. Kind of like how we did by adding Beasley who will be playing LEO before Maponga who is a youngster. Like i said, i don't have a problem going offense. But our past picks don't dictate that to me. Our current roster dictates it or whoever the BPA is.

WR is so deep. They can grab a guy that can produce in the 4th or 5th.

Thank you, I agree. WR is not a huge need right now, even next year they'll be numerous ones to come out that are the next Julio, Maclin and Amari Cooper. We signed Hankerson and he's HD's replacement. Don't think we'll be taking one anytime soon and if we do I'll be shocked.

I'm not against drafting a wideout later in the draft because we already have Roddy's replacement - Julio Jones. It's a luxury to have 2 number one receivers right now. So we only need a draft pick to develop into a Golden Tate or Jeremy Maclin for us, not a number one guy.

Oh well. Clearly, we as fans don't know of what these guys want, we are just guessing. It's an accepted fact, hopefully. Seeing 6 wr gone in the first round last night was pretty eye opening. I know alot are completely against the idea and that's completely your opinion, but it's a chance Roddy's replacement could be snagged in round 3,earlier than most want a wr because of what you feel the team needs over other positions.

If wr start coming off the board late 2nd into the 3rd round, there's a good chance Falcons may go offense with the pick, wr specifically. Round 2 could be the round a RB is selected. Who knows. It's something to think about though.

I accept this and like it. troll.001.png

2014 Falcons League Rankings

Defense

Total yrds against - #32

Total passing yrds against - #32

Total sacks - #31

Total rushing yrds against - #21

Offense

Total rushing yrds - #24

Total sacks - #19

Total passing yrds - #5

Based on the Stats, I was thinking:

Round #2 FS/ILB

Round #3 OG

Round #4 RB

Round #5 CB

But, yea WR makes more sense.

I'm not against drafting a wideout later in the draft because we already have Roddy's replacement - Julio Jones. It's a luxury to have 2 number one receivers right now. So we only need a draft pick to develop into a Golden Tate or Jeremy Maclin for us, not a number one guy.

I guess my counterpoint to this would be it isn't hard to imagine a scenario this year where both Julio and Roddy aren't playing in a game with Julio's history and Roddy's age.Do you really want to see Hankerson and Weems or Hester starting?

I personally don't want them to draft a receiver early but I could see why they would.