I Feel Like Shaq Thompson Is Gonna Be A Beast

PantherWake

Right now it's TD/Luke/random-no-name-rotation-player.

Shaq definitely gives us the chance to complete our LBing unit. That would be king, for our defense, since our defense revolves around our LBers. I think he's going to be a beast also. Especially playing next to TD, Luke...and behind Star, Charles Johnson, Short.

You better hope so lol

Nah, if he can help us get more consistent pressure and pick up 6 or 7 sacks along the way, I would say we got who we thought we were going to get and the sky is the limit with this kid. I like the Bruce Irvin comparison and I see Beasley having similar production in his first year or 2.

Nah, if he can help us get more consistent pressure and pick up 6 or 7 sacks along the way, I would say we got who we thought we were going to get and the sky is the limit with this kid. I like the Bruce Irvin comparison and I see Beasley having similar production in his first year or 2.

Yeah i think he's basically Bruce Irvin 2.0

The thing that benefits Thomson, he's going to a very good defense, not so with Beasley. Shaq's got plenty of help, at the moment Vic doesn't so we'll have to see.

Like if the Bucs try and put Winston behind their O-line of last season.....he's dead.

Point being Thompson's walking into a rather sweet situation, not so much with Beasley & Winston.

Been watching a lot of Shaq highlights. Holy shat the kid is quick. The speed of our Lbers is already great, with TD and Luke. Can ya imagine our LBer corp getting quicker? It just did.

Thats what has me so excited. How will anybody run on us if he lives up to his potential? lol

Thats what has me so excited. How will anybody run on us if he lives up to his potential? lol

We're not worried about running on ya. You'd better hope those lb's can cover, cuz Ryan, Brees & Winston are gonna be airing it out Big Time.

We're not worried about running on ya. You'd better hope those lb's can cover, cuz Ryan, Brees & Winston are gonna be airing it out Big Time.

How is that Oline looking? And Norman and Bene are no slouches plus i believe Tillman has one more good season left. Winston still has to prove himself so I wouldn't put him in the same sentence as Brees and Ryan

I think they grabbed him to help with Cam contract relief. They might not wonna keep Davis now.

They got all season to see what they got with him. I just cant wait for his name to become shaq fu or see the Boom shaqalackalacka.

I think they grabbed him to help with Cam contract relief. They might not wonna keep Davis now.

They got all season to see what they got with him. I just cant wait for his name to become shaq fu or see the Boom shaqalackalacka.

Wrong

If I were a Falcons fan, I would hate the Bruce Irvin comparison. His highest sack total is 8. He averages about 5 a season. Irvin has been a flop in Seattle. Never got the love for him.

A flop? Are you taking into account how many downs he is on the field and also considering how much talent Seattle has on that defense from top to bottom?

Beasley will be better, but I can see the comparison.

Wrong

Maybe. But you have to think there was more in this pick than just talent. Its still a business and they liked to resign Davis. But Cams contract is coming due. Ask any team with a 100 mill + qb. You have to start penny pinching and that usually means letting a good talent go.

You even said they had 3 meetings with this kid. So they where targeting him. Makes you think/ If nothing else this provides leverage to them to sign Davis cheaper since they have a option to replace him.

A flop? Are you taking into account how many downs he is on the field and also considering how much talent Seattle has on that defense from top to bottom?

You'd better hope so.

Maybe. But you have to think there was more in this pick than just talent. Its still a business and they liked to resign Davis. But Cams contract is coming due. Ask any team with a 100 mill + qb. You have to start penny pinching and that usually means letting a good talent go.

You even said they had 3 meetings with this kid. So they where targeting him. Makes you think/ If nothing else this provides leverage to them to sign Davis cheaper since they have a option to replace him.

I felt the same way you do but Gettleman already said that they are still giving Davis an extention soon so I doubt it

Yes. A flop. And I hold Beasley in a much higher regard than Irvin. Beasley will be a better pro.