Who In The Nfc South Won Day 1?

NFC South Draft Day 1 Poll  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Who had the best draft pick from the NFC South in Round 1?

• Bucs - Winston
    • Falcons - Beasley
    • Saints - Peat & Anthony
    • Carolina - Thompson

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Beasley fills a big need and should make an instant impact. Winston is Cam version 2.0 and will fail the same way. The aints picks make me smile. Thompson will be good but was a stretch

Winston isn't Cam 2.0

Cam has freakish speed for his size, Winston doesn't.

Winston is a more accurate thrower than Cam is though.

Don't have to worry about Winston being a real dangerous threat as a runner.

Saints got two really good players. Not sure what some of you are talking about lol. Peat is arguably the best LT in this draft. And Anthony is one of the best LB's in this draft. So what they MAY have "reached" based on Kipers board, but we don't know how other people liked Anthony. They sure didn't reach by much even if you want to call it that. And they got a very very good LB.

Saints - Because they had 2 first round picks so they should have won

Falcons - Got our biggest need and one of the best players at that position

Tampa - Got a big need, but not sold on Jameis

Panthers - Didn't get a big need and left huge holes on their O line.

Winston isn't Cam 2.0

Cam has freakish speed for his size, Winston doesn't.

Winston is a more accurate thrower than Cam is though.

Don't have to worry about Winston being a real dangerous threat as a runner.

Winston will fail simply because of his lack of humility, maturity, and dedication

Bucs needed a QB, and going by on-the-field production Jameis is as good a prospect as there has ever been. The problem is, the Bucs' O-line is still suspect (as is the Saints' and Panthers'), and I think we just got significantly better on the D-line. In other words, I look forward to seeing more Week 16 type games in which we put Brees on his butt about 3 to 4 times en route to a blowout win.

Edited by JerseyNo12

The Bucs needed a QB and got the most pro ready in the draft

We drafted a situational player hope he lives up to his self proclaimed double digit sacks

Saints needed both a tackle and a inside linebacker though I feel they reached on both picks Anthony in particular because he's been consistently projected as a 2nd-3rd rounder

Scratching my head over the Thompson pick good player but they had waaaaaayyyyyy bigger needs than line backer **** he wasn't even the BPA

Saints got two really good players. Not sure what some of you are talking about lol. Peat is arguably the best LT in this draft. And Anthony is one of the best LB's in this draft. So what they MAY have "reached" based on Kipers board, but we don't know how other people liked Anthony. They sure didn't reach by much even if you want to call it that. And they got a very very good LB.

no faith in Peat, but Anthony will make some plays unfortunately.

Are you smoking crack both picks the Saints chose are potential bust Beasley is 10x better then both of the Saints picks.

As a number 1 overall pick, I believe winston will be a bust. However, I do believe he is an upgrade to what the bucs have.

Carolina reached with Shaq thompson, he doesn't have a true position. on the NFL network, they spoke of him being good on special teams more than LB, and said they don't see him playing safety. you don't draft a special teams player in the 1st round.

I don't know to much about peat, but I thought the saints made a good pick in anthony. the simple fact that they had 2 picks in the first round should mean they had the better round.

However, I am biased towards the falcons so I say they had better round. Solely for they drafted for need and got the BPA.

Edited by Asault86