Top 10 Best Players Available Going Into Day 2

1. Randy Gregory - Beasley at Sam, Gregory at LEO? We just fixed our pass rush in one offseason. Crazy.

2. Owamagbe Odighizuwa - Can play LEO or Base End depending on where our FO values him

3. Carl Davis - Can be elite as a Base End, NT or 3t in our scheme.

4. Jake Fisher - Competes for a starting tackle spot, if he can't win one of those he competes for a starting guard spot.

5. Henry Anderson - Elite quickness off the snap, would be ideal for us at base end or 3 tech, plus he can kick inside and play NT in sub packages.

6. Ali Marpet - The best pure zone blocking guard in this class, would instantly be an upgrade for us at LG

7. Preston Smith - Michael Bennett 2.0, gives Quinn the type of weapon he absolutely abused in Seattle

8. Eric Rowe - starting FS from day 1, elite instincts & reads the QB's eyes better than just about anyone

9. Jaelen Strong - There comes a point when you can't pass up on value, and Strong opposite Julio with Roddy in the slot is just scary to think about

10. Xavier Cooper - Elite 3t prospect, best first step quickness of any interior DL in this class

Per Nolan Nawrocki Rankings (best players for day#2)

1. Randy Gregory, DE-Nebraska (#8)
  2. Eli Harold, DE-Virginia (#14)
  3. Landon Collins, SS-Alabama (#19)
  4. Eddie Goldman, DT-FSU (#21)
  5. Jalen Collins, CB-LSU (#27)
  6. Jaelen Strong, WR-Ariz State (#28)
  7. La'el Collins, OG-LSU (#29)
  8. Tevin Coleman, RB-Indiana (#31)
  9. Mario Edwards, DE-FSU (#32)
  10. Eric Kendricks, ILB-UCLA (#33)
  11. Dorial Green-Beckham, WR-Oklahoma (#34)

1. Randy Gregory - Beasley at Sam, Gregory at LEO? We just fixed our pass rush in one offseason. Crazy.

2. Owamagbe Odighizuwa - Can play LEO or Base End depending on where our FO values him

3. Carl Davis - Can be elite as a Base End, NT or 3t in our scheme.

4. Jake Fisher - Competes for a starting tackle spot, if he can't win one of those he competes for a starting guard spot.

5. Henry Anderson - Elite quickness off the snap, would be ideal for us at base end or 3 tech, plus he can kick inside and play NT in sub packages.

6. Ali Marpet - The best pure zone blocking guard in this class, would instantly be an upgrade for us at LG

7. Preston Smith - Michael Bennett 2.0, gives Quinn the type of weapon he absolutely abused in Seattle

8. Eric Rowe - starting FS from day 1, elite instincts & reads the QB's eyes better than just about anyone

9. Jaelen Strong - There comes a point when you can't pass up on value, and Strong opposite Julio with Roddy in the slot is just scary to think about

10. Xavier Cooper - Elite 3t prospect, best first step quickness of any interior DL in this class

Wonder what the Falcosn think of the possible LGs on the roster right now? Do they think Stone , Konz or one of the others can handle the spot?

Any of those sound like a good choice for the Falcons.

1. Randy Gregory, DE-Nebraska (#8)
  2. Eli Harold, DE-Virginia (#14)
  3. Landon Collins, SS-Alabama (#19)
  4. Eddie Goldman, DT-FSU (#21)
  5. Jalen Collins, CB-LSU (#27)
  6. Jaelen Strong, WR-Ariz State (#28)
  7. La'el Collins, OG-LSU (#29)
  8. Tevin Coleman, RB-Indiana (#31)
  9. Mario Edwards, DE-FSU (#32)
  10. Eric Kendricks, ILB-UCLA (#33)
  11. Dorial Green-Beckham, WR-Oklahoma (#34)

When I look at the players the Falcons spent time with leading to the draft I tend to think they were thinking Oline or LBer in the 2nd. The Tackle from Texas A&M is who I think they were rumored to be trying to get b ack into the first for. They also spent time with. Clemmings and Cann.

Jalen Collins is the player I am most surprised to see still sitting there in all honesty. Not sure if we have done our homework on him or why he lasted that long. I wonder what the word is on Landon that he has fallen so far though. He seems like a good fit at FS for Quinns defense but if he makes it to us something is up with him people are not at liberty to discuss.

Edited by Sobeit

• Randy Gregory, DE-Nebraska (#8)
  • Eli Harold, DE-Virginia (#14)
  • Landon Collins, SS-Alabama (#19)
  • Eddie Goldman, DT-FSU (#21)
  • Jalen Collins, CB-LSU (#27)
  • Jaelen Strong, WR-Ariz State (#28)
  • La'el Collins, OG-LSU (#29)
  • Tevin Coleman, RB-Indiana (#31)
  • Mario Edwards, DE-FSU (#32)
  • Eric Kendricks, ILB-UCLA (#33)
  • Dorial Green-Beckham, WR-Oklahoma (#34)
Forgot how much talent is still on the board. If Collins or Beckham are there do you take one of them?

I still want to address defense. More specifically, front 7. Don't care if its Preston Smith, Diggy, Anderson, Perryman.

But i have a feeling Jake Fisher or T.J. Clemmings could be the pick.

And i honestly would not gripe about Strong. He is going to be an awesome WR in the NFL, but this WR class is so deep we could still get a solid WR in the 3rd so i don't think we would take him.

I still want to address defense. More specifically, front 7. Don't care if its Preston Smith, Diggy, Anderson, Perryman.

But i have a feeling Jake Fisher or T.J. Clemmings could be the pick.

And i honestly would not gripe about Strong. He is going to be an awesome WR in the NFL, but this WR class is so deep we could still get a solid WR in the 3rd so i don't think we would take him.

I would take Clemmings over Collins. I tend to agree with you when you look at who we brought in I think it was olinemen that we thought we would have a chance at in the 2nd along with some LBers

I think that, if we take a DL in the 2nd, we can still get a decent G and FS in rounds 3 & 4.

Right now I think Oline is easliy our biggest need. Would love to have Landon Collins if we did not already have so many SSs. That would be SS overkill though. If we dont go oline I would not be against going DT. Also like Jalen Collins but I am not sure how he would fit. Sheesh there is a lot of talent left and we have a lot of holes.

Right now I think Oline is easliy our biggest need. Would love to have Landon Collins if we did not already have so many SSs. That would be SS overkill though. If we dont go oline I would not be against going DT. Also like Jalen Collins but I am not sure how he would fit. Sheesh there is a lot of talent left and we have a lot of holes.

The thing about ZBS Olinemen is that they're really undervalued. We can get a guy like Glowinski or Mitch Morse in the 4th and either one of them could start at LG and be an upgrade because they're great athletes but not necessarily maulers.

I'd love it if we could get Preston Smith, Randy Gregory or Owamagbe Odighizuwa in the 2nd, Adrian Amos or Anthony Harris in the 3rd, and one of those guards in the 4th.

I would take Clemmings over Collins. I tend to agree with you when you look at who we brought in I think it was olinemen that we thought we would have a chance at in the 2nd along with some LBers

Ditto, and i'll go ahead and say if we get Clemmings then thats going to be an enormous boost to the O line. He can come in and be one **** of a right guard or RT from day 1. He is extremely athletic and would fit so good in a ZBS.

I think that, if we take a DL in the 2nd, we can still get a decent G and FS in rounds 3 & 4.

I agree. I am hoping that we roll the dice with Gregory. Hire a psychologist or psychiatrist to help handle the troubled young man. What ever happens, happens.

The down side is that we "waste" a second round pick.

The up side is that we have the best pass rushing tandem this franchise has seen, since Humphrey and Zook.

Another name to keep in mind is Danielle Hunter.

Edited by etherdome

1. Randy Gregory DE

2. La'el Collins RT

3. Owamagbe Odighizuwa DE

4. T.J. Clemings RT

5. Eddie Golden DT

6. Eric Rowe FS

7. Donovan Smith RT

8. Eric Kendricks LB

9. D'Joun Smith CB

10. Danielle Hunter DE

Add Max Williams TE at the end

Edited by datchrisb1

Wonder what the Falcosn think of the possible LGs on the roster right now? Do they think Stone , Konz or one of the others can handle the spot?

Any of those sound like a good choice for the Falcons.

They said a little while back they were planning on Baker being there at LG...

you guys have any tape on Jalen Collins?

Greg Cosell has a a bit of a crush on him as well. In his discussion on DBs with Doug Farrar he makes the Sherman comparison. He actually thought he was 2nd or 3rd best CB. My money he was in the coaches dog house for some reason. Anyway he was the guy they pretty much trusted to cover top WRs and he did pretty well against Cooper. You can listen to it here I think it is a very good break down.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/dougfarrarnfl/2015/04/24/the-nfl-draft-podcast-with-greg-cosell-the-defensive-backs

you guys have any tape on Jalen Collins?

Greg Cosell has a a bit of a crush on him as well. In his discussion on DBs with Doug Farrar he makes the Sherman comparison. He actually thought he was 2nd or 3rd best CB. My money he was in the coaches dog house for some reason. Anyway he was the guy they pretty much trusted to cover top WRs and he did pretty well against Cooper. You can listen to it here I think it is a very good break down.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/dougfarrarnfl/2015/04/24/the-nfl-draft-podcast-with-greg-cosell-the-defensive-backs