"i Thought It Was A Home Invasion"

JDaveG

Ah yes, public service unions - government organized as a special interest to lobby itself to expand itself.

"All Government employees should realize that the process of collective bargaining, as usually understood, cannot be transplanted into the public service. It has its distinct and insurmountable limitations when applied to public personnel management. The very nature and purposes of Government make it impossible for administrative officials to represent fully or to bind the employer in mutual discussions with Government employee organizations." - Franklin D. Roosevelt, August 16, 1937

• 2 months later...

Ah, how is Scott Walker guilty here? This was a hit on him and people supporting Him.

My point was that the left always talks about how horrible he is, but his political opponents are acting like lawless stormtroopers.

Maybe Wisconsin is just a terrible place. But if they are, it isn't because Scott Walker is somehow standing alone athwart the moral abyss.

My point was that the left always talks about how horrible he is, but his political opponents are acting like lawless stormtroopers.

Maybe Wisconsin is just a terrible place. But if they are, it isn't because Scott Walker is somehow standing alone athwart the moral abyss.

Ok, I didn't understand. I like Walker and I'd read about this story months ago. Seems as though a rogue district attorney, married to a Union teacher went on the rampage and crushed peoples individual rights with police brutality and threats. To me that is as bad as the Obama usage of the IRS on its opponents. It seems that democrats could care less.

Edited by dirtyhairy

• 2 weeks later...

Flip Flop posted some of this in another thread, but I think it merits mention here. The Wisconsin Supreme Court has ruled on this case. They held, in part:

"The breadth of the documents gathered pursuant to subpoenas and seized pursuant to search warrants is amazing. Millions of documents, both in digital and paper copy, were subpoenaed and/or seized. Deputies seized business papers, computer equipment, phones, and other devices, while their targets were restrained under police supervision and denied the ability to contact their attorneys. The special prosecutor obtained virtually every document possessed by the Unnamed Movants relating to every aspect of their lives, both personal and professional, over a five-year span (from 2009 to 2013). Such documents were subpoenaed and/or seized without regard to content or relevance to the alleged violations of Ch. 11. As part of this dragnet, the special prosecutor also had seized wholly irrelevant information, such as retirement income statements, personal financial account information, personal letters, and family photos."

"The special prosecutor has disregarded the vital principle that in our nation and our state political speech is a fundamental right and is afforded the highest level of protection. The special prosecutor’s theories, rather than ‘assur[ing] [the] unfettered interchange of ideas for the bringing about of political and social changes desired by the people’ . . . instead would assure that such political speech will be investigated with paramilitary-style home invasions conducted in the pre-dawn hours and then prosecuted and punished."

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/421274/wisconsin-john-doe-investigations-halted-supreme-court