Vic Beasley - Going To Falcons Would Be A Dream Come True

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000488455/article/vic-beasley-going-to-falcons-would-be-dream-come-true

Clemson edge rusher Vic Beasley thinks he is going in the top 10, a thought seemingly shared by most analysts.

Beasley told Charlotte radio station WZGV 730-AM that he thinks he'll end up in Atlanta, Chicago or Oakland -- all of whom pick in the top eight Thursday night.

"No team has shown more interest than the others; I just have predictions where I might land," he told WZGV on Monday, saying it was "probably between the Falcons, the Bears and the Raiders. That's what I'm picking."

Oakland picks fourth, Chicago seventh and Atlanta eighth.

"It should be a great experience when I hear my name called on Thursday," Beasley said.

Beasley grew up in Adairsville, Ga., an Atlanta suburb, and he told WZGV that being picked by the Falcons "would be a dream come true."

He said he thinks he can fit in a 3-4 or a 4-3, and while he was an end in college, he foresees no issues with moving to outside linebacker in the NFL.

The best approach would be to let the draft play out and let Beasley, Dupree, or Gurley fall square in our lap. I wouldn't trade up. We have toooo many needs. We should come out of the first 3 rounds with 3 starters, with possibly a rotation/starter in the fourth if we go rb.

Edited by rollo lawson

I think the "trade up for Fowler" thing is my worst case scenario right now. Assuming 'trade up for Gurley" isn't a realistic possibility.

I still don't quite get the whole lovetrain for Fowler... he posted almost half his sacks in 2014 against East Carolina in one game... that screams inflation... but what do I know?

If Beasley can give us double digit sacks this year even in a situational role, he would be well worth #8.

Don't even need him to be a double digit guy. You need him to apply pressure consistently and finish the job when the opportunity presents itself. If that leads to double digits, so be it. 7-8 sacks is more than enough from a rookie

Well, if we are trading up...that's my guy.

I think many people are projecting that his game translates better to the pros. I don't see it when I watch him. Don't get me wrong, he is good, but not worth trading up for. That's all I'm saying. Edited by rollo lawson

Don't even need him to be a double digit guy. You need him to apply pressure consistently and finish the job when the opportunity presents itself. If that leads to double digits, so be it. 7-8 sacks is more than enough from a rookie

if that constant pressure leads to us getting off the field on 3rd down, heck yeah. I agree though.

I don't care if we trade to 1. That's who I want.

Lol if be fine with that.

Seriously if no Beasley or Williams I'm thinking Collins even if I stay at 8 and can't trade down

I've re watched tape over and over again on Dupree. I think Orchard or Hunter in second will get just as much production. Might as well get the disciplined and hard hitting safety (which is important) than grab Dupree or one of the pot head twins

Seriously if no Beasley or Williams I'm thinking Collins even if I stay at 8 and can't trade down

I've re watched tape over and over again on Dupree. I think Orchard or Hunter in second will get just as much production. Might as well get the disciplined and hard hitting safety (which is important) than grab Dupree or one of the pot head twins

computer-smash-other-guys-Mark-Wahlberg-

Dupree has so much potential than Orchard or Hunter. And Collins for all the love he gets here, has been falling lower and lower in mocks. Meanwhile Dupree will not make it out of the top 15.

Dupree has so much potential than Orchard or Hunter. And Collins for all the love he gets here, has been falling lower and lower in mocks. Meanwhile Dupree will not make it out of the top 15.

Have you really watched Collins play? Or Dupree? I promise you Collins is much better than Dupree in game. Dupree is benefitting from his combine and the pothead twins dropping. He was a late 20s, mid first rounder at best pre combine and post Gregory ganja story. Ray helped Dupree value even more.

And frankly orchard just gets after the QB. Watch him against Peat. He's got the "dog" mentality.

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Vernon&l=Gholston&i=7934

The guy in the link had subpar collegiate production and inconsistent tape as well..but hey the combine is everything, right? Always go for the athlete!

Have you really watched Collins play? Or Dupree? I promise you Collins is much better than Dupree in game. Dupree is benefitting from his combine and the pothead twins dropping. He was a late 20s, mid first rounder at best pre combine and post Gregory ganja story. Ray helped Dupree value even more.

And frankly orchard just gets after the QB. Watch him against Peat. He's got the "dog" mentality.

I watched a lot of Dupree and a little on Collins. Dupree has a lightning fast first step. And almost all of his pressure comes from either just straight up beating tackles outside or the tackle overstep leaving a huge cutback lane. Also Dupree wasn't asked to just be a pass rusher. He was dropped in coverage and sent out into the flats.

If Dupree had any kind of pass rushing moves his production would have been much higher but when tackles actually got their hands on him he couldn't disengage (didn't try/know how to). His bull rush is all he has when tackles lock on.

What tape I have watched of Collins, he does look good. However a ton of DBs have looked good in Bama's secondary, only to bust bad. Mark Barron looked like the safety prospect of the decade. So I'm sceptical in that regard. Combine that with the fact that he's projected as more of a SS (a position we don't need). Lastly, even if he could play FS, I don't think taking a safety in the top 10 is good value.