What If Quinn Doesn't Think We Need A Leo?

Lornoth

Well gee, if Quinn does not want a LEO then what does the fan base think the next choice should be? WR, OL DB? Well, what is left but a UGA homer's dream love? An injury prone RB.

The only one making this about Gurley is you, to the point where I hope that the mods delete your, and all quotes of your, posts, so as not to further derail this thread.

The only one making this about Gurley is you, to the point where I hope that the mods delete your, and all quotes of your, posts, so as not to further derail this thread.

I wouldn't bother wasting any time on this obvious troll, hjerry. There are some people on this board that just love to stir up $hit.

Just tell everyone, how many games was Gurley eligible for and how many did he play? I'm not trolling but I'm just asking. After all, everyone knows that if we don't draft for defense then Gurley is the homer choice.

I wouldn't bother wasting any time on this obvious troll, hjerry. There are some people on this board that just love to stir up $hit.

Teamplayer is normally a good poster, so I wouldn't call him a troll, though he's certainly acting like one right now. dry.png

Teamplayer is normally a good poster, so I wouldn't call him a troll, though he's certainly acting like one right now. dry.png

hjerry, Sir, I am not trolling but we desperately need defensive help right now. And I don't care if Adrian Peterson was coming out this year. Defense! We have a fine offense but we have nada on defense and could not slow down a strong wind.

hjerry, Sir, I am not trolling but we desperately need defensive help right now. And I don't care if Adrian Peterson was coming out this year. Defense! We have a fine offense but we have nada on defense and could not slow down a strong wind.

Lornoth,the OP,never ever suggested we draft anything besides defense.In fact he even presented a scenario where we trade up to draft the best defensive player in the draft.That is why I didn't understand where you were coming from.

That's kind of my point though, does it have to be one or the other? If we have a good SAM for the 4-3 under like Reed, then why can't we still play him like that, just without the specialized LEO beside him?

Let's say we trade up and draft Williams, but don't like the LEO's past round 1... We wouldn't have a lot of LEO's on the roster, but we could put Williams into a more common RE role and go like that, we already have the LE's.

To get this thread back on track though,Williams wouldn't be the RE in any traditional 4-3 that I can think of.He might fit in as a LE in the 4-3 under perfectly though.

Lornoth,the OP,never ever suggested we draft anything besides defense.In fact he even presented a scenario where we trade up to draft the best defensive player in the draft.That is why I didn't understand where you were coming from.

My apologies to Lornoth and other posters. Wrong thread and over served.

To get this thread back on track though,Williams wouldn't be the RE in any traditional 4-3 that I can think of.He might fit in as a LE in the 4-3 under perfectly though.

Yeah LE is probably a better fit, you're right. I should have said him LE, we have some RE's already on the roster.

Excellent post. I posted something a bit ago about our defense being a system style of Defense where a top player is not needed to be successful. I think Quinn has his Leo's set.

So if we stay with who we have, what do you think our starting lineup looks like? Will Schofield (Or whoever) be a 3-down guy or will we only have our "LEO guys" on the field for passing situations?

I think Schofield' has the skills to be a 3 down guy, but his knee wont allow him to be as effective full-time for any significant stretch.

LEO:Schofield/Maponga/Bierman

I could see them grabbing a guy like Zach Hodges or Davis Tull in the mid rounds w/ pass rushing chops and coach them into something special