How Bad Do You Feel For Matt Ryan?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32nd ranked D and a garbage Oline + first year head coach that's why. Yes the arrow is pointing up but make no mistake about it, we will suck this year. Too many folks are setting themselves up for massive disappointment with unrealistic expectations.

Oline - Matthews, Hawley, Holmes and Baker should be back from injury. We added Person who may be decent. Asamoah and Schraeder played well. We'll probably add another Olineman in the draft, and could still sign a free agent before the season starts. Plus, lest not forget any ole Olineman or RB will automatically beast in Shanny's Magical ZBS. The Oline may be much better than you're thinking bro.

Defense - we are not the 32nd ranked defense. We cut or let ten players walk from that defense. We haven't even suited up yet. We have a new coach and new system. We signed six new free agents. We have five or ten second and third year players who might improve. We will probably add four or five rooks this weekend. We also may add a free agent or two before the season starts. We will not be the 32nd ranked defense. Trust me.

Our record may not be bad but we play in a weak division and have a soft schedule but if you think we have a team that can win back to back games in Seattle and Greenbay think again.

Packers have an easy sched this year. Their division sucks. Patriots have an easy sched. Their division sucks. The colts have an easy sched and they play in a dreadful division. I hate your logic.

The good thing ab the playoffs is that anything can happen. Ask the New York Giants

Packers have an easy sched this year. Their division sucks. Patriots have an easy sched. Their division sucks. The colts have an easy sched and they play in a dreadful division. I hate your logic.

The good thing ab the playoffs is that anything can happen. Ask the New York Giants

I hate your lack of logic. We may have a respectable record this year but you understand that back to back losing seasons as bad as ours is not a fluke it is a trend. We signed a bunch of talented guys to one year deals who have never lived up to their potential mainly due to injuries hoping a couple will stick and produce. I like the risk reward involved in what they did but nothing is guaranteed. This roster is far from set next year their is a large turnover to come still. Our record may be decent but to think that this will be a team that can win back to back away playoff games is unrealistic. Not to mention there are a bunch of new players and every one of them will be learning a new system. You are right any thing is possible but when you depend on those things you usually end up disappointed.

How many times has what the Giants did happened?

32nd ranked D and a garbage Oline + first year head coach that's why. Yes the arrow is pointing up but make no mistake about it, we will suck this year. Too many folks are setting themselves up for massive disappointment with unrealistic expectations.

The last time expectations were this low was 2008 with a rookie HC, qb, and gm. We went 11-5 and made the playoffs.

Oline - Matthews, Hawley, Holmes and Baker should be back from injury. We added Person who may be decent. Asamoah and Schraeder played well. We'll probably add another Olineman in the draft, and could still sign a free agent before the season starts. Plus, lest not forget any ole Olineman or RB will automatically beast in Shanny's Magical ZBS. The Oline may be much better than you're thinking bro.

Defense - we are not the 32nd ranked defense. We cut or let ten players walk from that defense. We haven't even suited up yet. We have a new coach and new system. We signed six new free agents. We have five or ten second and third year players who might improve. We will probably add four or five rooks this weekend. We also may add a free agent or two before the season starts. We will not be the 32nd ranked defense. Trust me.

I like your thinking bro!!

I hate your lack of logic. We may have a respectable record this year but you understand that back to back losing seasons as bad as ours is not a fluke it is a trend. We signed a bunch of talented guys to one year deals who have never lived up to their potential mainly due to injuries hoping a couple will stick and produce. I like the risk reward involved in what they did but nothing is guaranteed. This roster is far from set next year their is a large turnover to come still. Our record may be decent but to think that this will be a team that can win back to back away playoff games is unrealistic. Not to mention there are a bunch of new players and every one of them will be learning a new system. You are right any thing is possible but when you depend on those things you usually end up disappointed.

How many times has what the Giants did happened?

Our offense can still beat teams. Matt Ryan Julio jones Roddy white still have playoff experience. If our defense can step up and these guys perform maybe we get hot at the right time and win some playoff games like the Giants did.

quinn is apparently "keeping things simple" on D we'll see what happens.

Our OL really isn't that bad. Lots of injuries but that's about it. Add a LG in the draft, an extra year of growth, and voila - you suddenly realize we have possibly the youngest OL in the NFL and a high ceiling for them as a group across the board.

Last game of the season, Asomoah & Matthews went out, that meant that 8 of the 10 linemen they started the season with were out. Ryan had 4 UDFAs in front of him that game. He played half a game with Toilolo at RT because of injuries. Matthews was never healthy.

Good thing out of all that is that Schreader, Stone and a couple of others got invaluable experience, get Holmes, Matthews & Hawley back healthy, throw in Asomoah, got the makings of a really solid line.

Think people are going to be surprised how good the Oline will be by mid season. If they get a running game going, and Ds can't tee off on the Oline, going to be fun.

Give Ryan some time and a play action fake the D has to respect, he'll light up some teams.

The OL wasn't even terrible last year. Ryan threw a lot of bad passes with no pressure in his face...

While you're at it , define "Not terrible". I'd say being forced to play half a game with a TE at RT is terrible. I'd say having an OLine with 4 UDFAs on it [ last game of season ] is terrible. I'd say 5 Oline on IR is terrible.

Not sure what you saw last year.

Ryan made some mistakes, but they were magnified by a team that couldn't compensate for them.