What You Guys Think About The Trading Up For Dante Fowler?

I know everybody has heard this by now. I heard Randy Cross talking about it Monday morning, what do you guys think about the rumor of us trading up for Fowler. Cross says it would probably be at pick 2 or 3. D Led thinks it's Fowler as well based on the Quinn Florida tie, but it could be another player. Don't know what it would cost us. Just wondering what you guys think of that. First article I could find on it. You know where there's smoke.....

http://bloggingdirty.com/2015/04/28/dirty-bird-daily-atlanta-falcons-to-trade-up-in-nfl-draft/

Edited by datchrisb1

Tough call. I'm not normally in favor of trading up, especially from where we're at. My first thought on this rumor, if it came from us, then if we trade up, it's not going to be for Fowler. Most likely we're saying that to push another player down the board. Basically I believe about 0% of the rumors that have come out over the last month.

Not that I don't like Fowler, but I don't think the difference in the prospects at the top of the draft warrants giving up a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Take the guy at the top of the board at 8 and keep the picks.

Edited by JRob215

I know everybody has heard this by now. I heard Randy Cross talking about it Monday morning, what do you guys think about the rumor of us trading up for Fowler. Cross says it would probably be at pick 2 or 3. D Led thinks it's Fowler as well based on the Quinn Florida tie, but it could be another player. Don't know what it would cost us. Just wondering what you guys think of that. First article I could find on it. You know where there's smoke.....

http://bloggingdirty.com/2015/04/28/dirty-bird-daily-atlanta-falcons-to-trade-up-in-nfl-draft/

would be a really bad move. But where there's smoke.....there's smoke and that's about it on draft week.

I'm not saying we should do it, but if we did, I could totally understand the move.

Quinn has coached Fowler himself, so he knows exactly what he'd be getting. If he thinks Fowler is better than anything else available in this draft class, then they'll make a play for him.

That said...

If we move up for Williams, it tells me he truly is the best defender in this draft class.

If we pass up an opportunity for Fowler for anyone else, it tells me Quinn didn't think he was worth the cost of trading up, or that other prospects are just as good or better. Coming from the man who coached him, that would speak volumes.