I'm Shocked No One Has Started A Thread On The Baltimore Riots

Mr. Hoopah!

Is Islam inherently more violent than other religions? IDK but the guy advocating for the laughably primitive and brutal social order isn't the best one to advance that particular argument.

Worzone's interpretation of Christianity is violent, judgmental, and totally lacking in basic human empathy.

You know, basically the opposite of what Jesus taught.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you didn't, and then you've been murdered.

Are you aware of the US Constitution? You seem perfectly happy to wipe your behind with it.

Along those lines and what is pertinent in this thread is the 1st amendment...The right to assemble allows people to gather for peaceful and lawful purposes

Yes, it is unfortunate that a a few bad apples ruin a peaceful protest for the ones that are doing it the right way.

What's deliciously ironic about this is that worzone is a proponent of the 2nd amendment.

I have friends who tend to have opinions more toward the "conservative" side of this issue and this is a point I bring up to them all the time.When they felt like the government was coming for their guns they were talking about and hinting at a full blown revolution yet when the government/Cops actually freaking kill someone and the people respond.....well they're just being ridiculous.The hypocrisy drives me crazy.

Has this been posted? http://www.vox.com/2015/4/28/8509065/freddie-gray-baltimore-riots

The Sun's Doug Donovan and Mark Puente list four people who were injured in police vans, some of whom won civil lawsuits against the city:

Relatives of Dondi Johnson Sr., who was left a paraplegic after a 2005 police van ride, won a $7.4 million verdict against police officers. A year earlier, Jeffrey Alston was awarded $39 million by a jury after he became paralyzed from the neck down as the result of a van ride. … The most sensational case in Baltimore involved Johnson, a 43-year-old plumber who was arrested for public urination. He was handcuffed and placed in a transport van in good health. He emerged a quadriplegic.

A 27-year-old assistant librarian who was arrested after a noise complaint described the experience:

According to the suit, officers cuffed Abbott's hands behind her back, threw her into a police van, left her unbuckled and "maniacally drove" her to the Northern District police station, "tossing [her] around the interior of the police van."

"They were braking really short so that I would slam against the wall, and they were taking really wide, fast turns," Abbott said in an interview that mirrored allegations in her lawsuit. "I couldn't brace myself. I was terrified."

A deputy public defender for the city told the Sun she doesn't believe the practice is widespread, but apparently it's common enough — in Baltimore and elsewhere — that police have several nicknames for it: such as "screen tests" and "bringing them up front," which refer to slamming the brakes in a van so that the prisoner in the back hits the screen between the driver's seat and the rest of the vehicle.

A September 2014 Sun investigation revealed that the city has doled out millions of dollars in settlements in the past four years for police brutality cases. As onlookers try to make sense of the violent and destructive protests rocking the city right now, the backdrop of "rough rides" and brutality lawsuits provides some meaningful context.

I have friends who tend to have opinions more toward the "conservative" side of this issue and this is a point I bring up to them all the time.When they felt like the government was coming for their guns they were talking about and hinting at a full blown revolution yet when the government/Cops actually freaking kill someone and the people respond.....well they're just being ridiculous.The hypocrisy drives me crazy.

"In the areas of the country where the government has proven itself unable or unwilling to defend the negroes when they are being brutally and unjustly attacked, then negroes themselves should take whatever steps necessary to defend themselves.

And one of the best methods by which this can be done is to establish rifle clubs. Its legal in this country to own a rifle. This doesnt mean that the Negro is going to initiate some kind of aggressive action against anybody, but it does mean that the Negro will be serving notice that no longer does he believe in turning the other cheek and being the constant victim of someone elses brutality." - Malcolm X

Edited by Unca T

Having made the previous posts, I do have to acknowledge that violent and destructive actions do undermine the reputation of the entire group. If people spoke out against those committing the violence instead of defending their actions, and if they would change their violent culture to reduce the number of instances like this, I think the public would take their concerns more seriously. And I think they would have greater moral standing to plead their case that most of them are actually peaceful people who are just concerned with their community. A few bad apples do indeed spoil the entire batch in this case. So better themselves, change their culture, and condemn those who commit violence instead of rushing to their defense.

I'm talking, of course, about the police.

You send in swat teams, and, if it's bad enough like it is in Baltimore, the National Guard. You do literally ANYTHING besides executing people without due process.

You're disgusting.

What exactly do you think is the end result of sending military and swat into a swarm if people who are armed and willing to fight? You're saying the same thing I am and just aren't smart enough to figure it out

What exactly do you think is the end result of sending military and swat into a swarm if people who are armed and willing to fight? You're saying the same thing I am and just aren't smart enough to figure it out

Deploying law enforcement is not the same thing as having law enforcement act as judge, jury, and executioner in the streets.

You're not smart enough to figure that out.

Well wouldn't that make you the British in this scenario?Once again that was the point.

Unless you planning on separating from the US in which case that is treason which is lo and behold the death penalty.

Deploying law enforcement is not the same thing as having law enforcement act as judge, jury, and executioner in the streets.

You're not smart enough to figure that out.

What happens when they fire on our attack the national guard? How do you see that playing out?