Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RYNE

Shane Ray Arrested Today

372 posts in this topic

I don't think Ray's story was forced or fake. That side of Ray's life could very well be true.

It just didn't show Ray's entire lifestyle. I doubt any prospect would do a segment about him smoking weed.

Yeah Faked probably is not the best way to describe it. I don't believe he lied about anything, but i wouldn't be shocked if he exaggerated some of the details.

I'm not going to say a kid smoking weed is the end of the world with all the people who smoke it and use it in all of these sports league.

What is incredibly stupid is that he'd be using it 3 days away from the biggest moment of your football career.

That said, I don't think this hurts him as much as everyone else seems to think. How many guys have gotten caught smoking at the combine or at some point close to draft day in recent years? Plenty of them still got drafted and some of them excelled. Cost/benefit analysis. If a team thinks Ray can be a 10+ sack guy 2-3 years from now they'll still take him. I'd bet $ on it.

Only sacks Ray is gonna get are dime bags and nickel bags

you guys are trippin... what does a piece have to do with a guy getting caught with some weed ... thats like saying calvin johnson is a dirtbag for admitting he smoked weed before

Most of you would give a arm and a leg to have justin houston and he failed the combine drug test

Ray did something stupid ... if his draft stock fall thats on him... he will pay in millions ... saying thats ... its stupid to call a guy story fake because he got caught with weed.

DawnOfThemBirds and falconidae like this

early in his college career

Yeah, I see Ray falling but not very far.

Gregory may not fall much either but I think teams have more worries about him than just weed usage than could cause him to fall further.

Yeah, I see Ray falling but not very far.

Gregory may not fall much either but I think teams have more worries about him than just weed usage than could cause him to fall further.

Yea it seems like 2 different problems.... but again ... Its the timing with Ray .... just stupid

you guys are trippin... what does a piece have to do with a guy getting caught with some weed ... thats like saying calvin johnson is a dirtbag for admitting he smoked weed before

Most of you would give a arm and a leg to have justin houston and he failed the combine drug test

Ray did something stupid ... if his draft stock fall thats on him... he will pay in millions ... saying thats ... its stupid to call a guy story fake because he got caught with weed.

Yep

I don't think Ray or Gregory falls like Houston did though.

Yea it seems like 2 different problems.... but again ... Its the timing with Ray .... just stupid

I agree.

He should have waited until May the 1st lol

Teams are more than likely questioning his ability to make decisions in the future, at least for the time being.

If your still against weed in 2015 then your stupid. Do some research on the benefits shouldn't be illegal in the first place. Hopefully we pick him up late

If your still against weed in 2015 then your stupid. Do some research on the benefits shouldn't be illegal in the first place. Hopefully we pick him up late

But it's still illegal...and that's all that matters.

Sure the benefits are high...lol. Thing is though, its illegal and a banned substance in the NFL. Word is they aren't getting any softer on it, they are getting tougher on it. Even if legal it will be a banned substance, much like many other legal things.

Its not the weed. I think people are being judgmental on both Ray and Gregory. Its the timing. At the Combine and before the draft that makes them so bad.

Yep

Although I think teams have more concerns about Gregory than just the timing of his fail drug test from what I've been hearing, He and Ray's ability to make good decisions will be questioned for the time being.

Yep

Although I think teams have more concerns about Gregory than just the timing of his fail drug test from what I've been hearing, He and Ray's ability to make good decisions will be questioned for the time being.

Well, Gregory has a lot more red flags than weed and timing. Ray has this. Who knows really.

I wonder how many teams draft's boards are being shook up???

Hard to say.

Lmao at all the pro weed posters. Even if it was legal just like with having an open container he still would have gotten a citation for it. Even in the states where it is legal there are still rules and laws that have to be followed. Making it legal won't change the fact that if you fail a drug test at any job from McDonald's to a corporate board room you will be punished and in most cases fired. If it was legal it still would have made headlines and be negative publicity for him just as a D.U.I. or driving with a loaded gun would be.

When you pot heads sober up understand it's not his use of weed that is the problem it's not having the presence of mind to know that any negative publicity is gonna hurt your draft stock...3 days before the draft doubly so. It was stupid it would be stupid a year or 10 years from now it's doubly stupid because it likely costs him millions of dollars especially if he falls out of the first round.

Another mizzou athlete who will underperform in the NFL

Maybe, what's your pass rush flavor?

Beasley, Fowler, Dupree, Harold. I'd even take Zadarius Smith over ray. I just don't trust Mizzou LBs in the NFL.