Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RYNE

Shane Ray Arrested Today

372 posts in this topic

Good player with a 10 cent head.............. you are within a week of becoming a millionaire literally overnight and you do something this stupid????

Boggles the brain. Even if legalized, it doesn't mean it will be okay in the league or job...

falconsd56 and atlantaprodj like this

smoking is one thing, but riding with it in your car, a few days before the draft is just plain dumb

For sure.

I'd say hardy/ aldon smith/ v miller / LT et al are dumb too

the silly thing is - probably 30-40% of the guys in NFL probably use weed but only about 10% are dumb enough to get caught.

I am fine with them smoking weed, the getting caught is what's aggravating. What a freaking idiot.

Obviously he wasn't high enough to be paranoid enough not to travel around holding.

g-dawg likes this

How "high" will Shane ray be in the draft

I hear there is alot of "buzz" around ray.

I was on the fence but now I'm ready. I'm officially taking my talents to...Gurlie to Atlantie

so you don't think Gurley tokes?

I am fine with them smoking weed, the getting caught is what's aggravating. What a freaking idiot.

Obviously he wasn't high enough to be paranoid enough not to travel around holding.

you would think after that Tom Rinaldi piece and all the heartstrings being tugged in it - the estranged father, the murder factory, blah, blah, blah - all that pre-packaged crap to make us think Shane has got his sheot together - in one traffic stop he undid all his great PR.

paulitik and Clark Kent™ like this

you would think after that Tom Rinaldi piece and all the heartstrings being tugged in it - the estranged father, the murder factory, blah, blah, blah - all that pre-packaged crap to make us think Shane has got his sheot together - in one traffic stop he undid all his great PR.

This is why I laugh whenever a heart warming article about a prospect gets posted here and half there board jumps on the bandwagon.

Yup. He might nave just out-dumbed Randy Gregory.

Randy ought to send him an edible arrangement. The fruit kind, not the Colorado kind.

so you don't think Gurley tokes?

Probably, but not before the draft.

How is that Ray appeal working out?

Check out Lorenzo Mauldin's story...3/4 round.

My thoughts exactly. He is off my board completely. It sure does make all that crap feel so fake and forced.

g-dawg likes this

Despite both Ray and Gregory's problems surrounded by Marijuana, I still don't see neither falling out of the 1st round.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Gregory is already gone before our # 8 pick

Despite both Ray and Gregory's problems surrounded by Marijuana, I still don't see neither falling out of the 1st round.

yeah, probably not - they will fall to Pittsburgh and Baltimore - and go on to 10 Pro-Bowls between the two of them - we probably end up with an Aundray Bruce clone.

A-TowN.- likes this

My thoughts exactly. He is off my board completely. It sure does make all that crap feel so fake and forced.

I don't think Ray's story was forced or fake. That side of Ray's life could very well be true.

It just didn't show Ray's entire lifestyle. I doubt any prospect would do a segment about him smoking weed.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Gregory is already gone before our # 8 pick

Some experts are still mocking Gregory to go early despite the concerns about him.

He could still go within the top 15

yeah, probably not - they will fall to Pittsburgh and Baltimore - and go on to 10 Pro-Bowls between the two of them - we probably end up with an Aundray Bruce clone.

Yep

I'm not going to say a kid smoking weed is the end of the world with all the people who smoke it and use it in all of these sports league.

What is incredibly stupid is that he'd be using it 3 days away from the biggest moment of your football career.

That said, I don't think this hurts him as much as everyone else seems to think. How many guys have gotten caught smoking at the combine or at some point close to draft day in recent years? Plenty of them still got drafted and some of them excelled. Cost/benefit analysis. If a team thinks Ray can be a 10+ sack guy 2-3 years from now they'll still take him. I'd bet $ on it.