Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RYNE

Shane Ray Arrested Today

372 posts in this topic

If I'm going with a pothead I would choose Gregory. Gregory and Ray are potential top 10 picks but this is concerning. C'mon why are you driving around with 35 grams? Woulda been stoned for like 2 months off that so you know he's a habitual toker. I'm not against weed, just questioning their judgment.

KRUNKuno likes this

If I'm going with a pothead I would choose Gregory. Gregory and Ray are potential top 10 picks but this is concerning. C'mon why are you driving around with 35 grams? Woulda been stoned for like 2 months off that so you know he's a habitual toker. I'm not against weed, just questioning their judgment.

Are you saying being a habitual smoker puts them back on even ground?I only ask because we already know Gregory is.

I was on the fence but now I'm ready. I'm officially taking my talents to...Gurlie to Atlantie

It's not 35g. the mark of a felony is anything over 35g in that state, saying under just means it was under that amount. There's a reason you never see police reports that say "2g." It gets written up that way. My buddy got busted a bit back with half a gram in a pipe and it was marked as <1oz. That's just how they do.

He's still an idiot, but he wasn't driving around with that much necessarily at all.

KRUNKuno likes this

Possession of over 35 grams about 1.25 ounces is a felony subject to a prison sentence of up to seven years and a $5,000 fine.

Per Missouri law http://www.mpp.org/states/missouri/

Im willing to bet he probably had more than 35 grams too, but thats what the report limited it to once they found out he was Shane Ray.

If it was, goodness he was really about to spark up.

Gregory failed drug test but Ray got busted...... Big difference with what happens to their draft status....

The thing that'll hurt Ray is that he literally got caught days before the draft. He has no chance to explain himself to teams.

And now the news came out that he failed a drug test in college too. This is gonna hurt more than I thought.

Are you saying being a habitual smoker puts them back on even ground?I only ask because we already know Gregory is.

I mean Ray wasn't dumb enough to smoke before the draft, but Shane this probably isn't Shane's first time smoking, just his first time getting caught. They both got caught with weed so I would put them on even ground.

I think they will both fall because of this, but IMO Gregory has the edge over Ray right now. He's longer, more fluid, and is just as explosive when getting after the QB. Plus, Shane Ray already had a concern with his toe, and now there is this new report. Just saying if I had to choose one of the two it would be Gregory right now.

Vandy and Francis York Morgan like this

Sweet. See ya in the 2nd, Mr stub-toe smokey mcpot. Bring Gregory with ya.

Imagine this.. We trade back to 17 or so, pick up another 2nd, grab Gurley at 17ish, and Randy and Ray in the 2nd due to dropping. Would NEVER happen but man..

I want this to happen. lol

I mean Ray wasn't dumb enough to smoke before the draft, but if he's buying 35 grams at a time he's either selling or smoking over the course of a couple months at a time. They both got caught with weed so I would put them on even ground.

I think they will both fall because of this, but IMO Gregory has the edge over Ray right now. He's longer, more fluid, and is just as explosive when getting after the QB. Plus, Shane Ray already had a concern with his toe, and now there is this new report. Just saying if I had to choose one of the two it would be Gregory right now.

I guess I see your point but Gregory failed two in college and then at the combine.I have no allegiance to either player and I don't claim to have any talent evaluation abilities whatsoever but if I was to give a pass to one player or the other it would be Ray.

It's not 35g. the mark of a felony is anything over 35g in that state, saying under just means it was under that amount. There's a reason you never see police reports that say "2g." It gets written up that way. My buddy got busted a bit back with half a gram in a pipe and it was marked as <1oz. That's just how they do.

He's still an idiot, but he wasn't driving around with that much necessarily at all.

Possession of over 35 grams about 1.25 ounces is a felony subject to a prison sentence of up to seven years and a $5,000 fine.

Im willing to bet he probably had more than 35 grams too, but thats what the report limited it to once they found out he was Shane Ray.

My bad I thought it said he got caught with 35 grams haha. I was about to say that is ridiculous. It's still stupid but not as bad as I thought apparently.

This is my dream scenario as well

Sounds awesome to me and I'd even be happy with Gregory(There I said it Thakrunkreturns) in that situation.Won't happen but man.....
KRUNKuno likes this

Lol highly doubt it. 35g's is a pretty dang good bit of marijuana to have for recreational use. People don't carry more that around unless they are dealing. The usual dopers who are using recreationally very rarely have over 15grams in my experience.

Lol highly doubt it. 35g's is a pretty dang good bit of marijuana to have for recreational use. People don't carry more that around unless they are dealing. The usual dopers who are using recreationally very rarely have over 15grams in my experience.

Lol yea i was just messing around. Probably should've put that in purple.

I guess I see your point but Gregory failed two in college and then at the combine.I have no allegiance to either player and I don't claim to have any talent evaluation abilities whatsoever but if I was to give a pass to one player or the other it would be Ray.

Yeah I would give it to him as well. To me getting caught is just getting caught period. It's going to affect his stock as much as it has affected Gregory's IMO.

Yeah I would give it to him as well. To me getting caught is just getting caught period. It's going to affect his stock as much as it has affected Gregory's IMO.

I've got a question now that I think about it.Is Ray going to be in the NFL's drug program after this?I know after failing at the combine Gregory is but does this put Ray in it too?

I've got a question now that I think about it.Is Ray going to be in the NFL's drug program after this?I know after failing at the combine Gregory is but does this put Ray in it too?

I dont see why it wouldnt.

Shane Ray literally has a police report. Randy Gregory does not. If Gregory is already an offender and Ray isnt then that system is flawed.

If true, I'm starting to wonder whether he's intentionally trying to get drafted later...smh

If that was true, would you really want someone that Stupid?? Not me nor will TD and Quinn take that chance.. He will not be a Falcon..

I dont see why it wouldnt.

Shane Ray literally has a police report. Randy Gregory does not. If Gregory is already an offender and Ray isnt then that system is flawed.

Possession does not mean he was a user. Technicality, I know, but the truth.