Final Mock

Sobeit

1.) Meet the Beast. Easily the most versatile name that gets mentioned here and probably the best football player and in 2 years possibly the best player in this draft. Yes he needs some refinement and to be put into position to use all that natural ability. Bud Dupree is easily the best player Quinn has had to use at LEO for his defense and we have the DC to get the most out of him.

Dupree, Bud OLB 6'4" 269 Kentucky

rQXj3.AuSt.79.jpeg

2.) Would be a 1st round pick but has slipped some and we are darn lucky to draft him here meet the other side of our offensive line for the next 10 years, and he can move.

Ogbuehi, Cedric OT 6'5" 306 Texas A&M

OAK-Mock-Cedric-Ogbuehi.jpg

3.) Another versatile defensive player for the coaches to figure out how to put him in a position to make plays and utilize all that natural ability.

Thompson, Shaq OLB 6'0" 228 Washington

ShaqThompson1.jpg

4.) This draft is deep at WR and we land a guy with tons of potential in the 4th round. Was looking at CB/S here but just too much potential to pass up on here.

Coates, Sammie WR 6'1" 212 Auburn

nick-marshall-touchdown-pass-to-sammie-c

5.) Coverted QB with one year at TE. Loves to block and hold his own seems to have good hands and is very coachable. We have enough for the year that we could set him aside and develop him to take over and be a very productive starter that can catch and block.

Bell, Blake TE 6'6" 252 Oklahoma

ncf_a_blakebell_ms_600x600.jpg

6.) CB that we see more as a FS. Has plenty of experience at both and we are lucky he is still there in the 6th.

Shaw, Josh CB 6'0" 201 USC

7.) Starting tackle for Bama that is a competitive over achiever. He should be a starting Guard on our roster that should be able to play some tackle. He is the type of guy coaches love working with.

Shepherd, Austin OT 6'4" 315 Alabama

7.) We get a RB that should be a good fit for the ZBS and should be decent at every thing we ask him to do.

Zenner, Zach RB 5'11" 223 South Dakota St.

Not a big fan of this one. Your rankings are a little off, I think Shaq Thompson and Josh Shaw will definitely go before then. Also, there's a lot more value than Ogbuehi in the second round for us.

I think Shaq slips not because of ability but because teams are not sure what to do with him and the ton of pass rushers. Josh Shaw is a 5th to 6th round pick about every where but here. Not sure who you are thinking who will be there in the 2nd that is a better prospect at Oline than Ogbuehi and there is a chance he goes in the 1st.

I think Shaq slips not because of ability but because teams are not sure what to do with him and the ton of pass rushers. Josh Shaw is a 5th to 6th round pick about every where but here. Not sure who you are thinking who will be there in the 2nd that is a better prospect at Oline than Ogbuehi and there is a chance he goes in the 1st.

Shaq is not a pass rusher, he is best as a 4-3 Will OLB.

He said that the Falcons told him that they see him as a Kam Chancellor type of player. Which means that he would probably be converted to a rover SS/hybrid LB position if drafted by the Falcons.

Shaq is not a pass rusher, he is best as a 4-3 Will OLB.

He said that the Falcons told him that they see him as a Kam Chancellor type of player. Which means that he would probably be converted to a rover SS/hybrid LB position if drafted by the Falcons.

That was my point that I can see Shaq falling some and possibly being there in the 3rd because teams will value some of the pass rushers over him, and the fact he is a bit of a tweener.

Seems very optimistic on Thompson and Coates. Wouldn't complain, though!

I would say optimistic but not really very optimistic. Shaq has that tweener thing going and people are hesitant because they are not sure what to do with him and he has already rejected the notion of playing RB for a GM. 4th is about right for Coates in my view. He has some serious upside but does not seem to track well and has some trouble with drops. There are also a lot of good WRs in this class so I think the 4th is about right.

I am fairly well convinced that we are waiting to take offensive line this year until the fourth or fifth round. We seem to be looking mostly at tackles that can play multiple positions. I really like Zach Zenner he is projected as a 5th or 6th rounder. I want to see him taken along with Terrell Watson in the 7th. http://www.nfl.com/d...tson?id=2553127Hescored 63 TDs at Azusa Pacific. At 6'2 240lbs he could be our 3 and goal line runner and fourth quarter grinder

I am fairly well convinced that we are waiting to take offensive line this year until the fourth or fifth round. We seem to be looking mostly at tackles that can play multiple positions. I really like Zach Zenner he is projected as a 5th or 6th rounder. I want to see him taken along with Terrell Watson in the 7th. http://www.nfl.com/d...tson?id=2553127Hescored 63 TDs at Azusa Pacific. At 6'2 240lbs he could be our 3 and goal line runner and fourth quarter grinder

I think we are taking Oline no later than 3rd I think it may actually be our biggest need after FA. What makes you think that we will wait that long?

I think we are taking Oline no later than 3rd I think it may actually be our biggest need after FA. What makes you think that we will wait that long?

I like to follow who we show interest in with private workouts and visits. It give me an idea of how much emphasis they may or may not have in drafting certain players and positions. It's a pinned thread on this board. If you look at who they had in for a workout it appears they are focused on mid round guys rated as 4th or 5th round prospects. I hate to say it but I think Konz Baker Stone Person are all going to get a shot at LG. Maybe even Holmes?

I like to follow who we show interest in with private workouts and visits. It give me an idea of how much emphasis they may or may not have in drafting certain players and positions. It's a pinned thread on this board. If you look at who they had in for a workout it appears they are focused on mid round guys rated as 4th or 5th round prospects. I hate to say it but I think Konz Baker Stone Person are all going to get a shot at LG. Maybe even Holmes?

That is exactly how I ended up with this mock and let go of the one I would most like to see happen.

How on earth is Bud the best football player?

Well for starters the only thing he has not done well on defense at this point is line up at CB and play bump and run and I could make the argument that it is only because he has not had the chance. Yeah he needs to refine his technique and be put in a position with a primary role but there is no deny eveything that he has been asked to do he has done well and without complaining. After the coaching change at Ky he could have bailed and went elsewhere but he stayed and did everything he could to help that team. Not only did he do it he did it well and without complaining.

That is exactly how I ended up with this mock and let go of the one I would most like to see happen.

Well for starters the only thing he has not done well on defense at this point is line up at CB and play bump and run and I could make the argument that it is only because he has not had the chance. Yeah he needs to refine his technique and be put in a position with a primary role but there is no deny eveything that he has been asked to do he has done well and without complaining. After the coaching change at Ky he could have bailed and went elsewhere but he stayed and did everything he could to help that team. Not only did he do it he did it well and without complaining.

He was barely even in first round consideration before the combine. He is nowhere close to the best football player in the draft

He was barely even in first round consideration before the combine. He is nowhere close to the best football player in the draft

Says you. It usually takes the media some time to catch up to where real talent people have some prospects. Dupree has been on the radar for a while most places. However something that gets missed is no 2 teams boards look the same. You see when you start setting up your board you are projecting players based how you think they fit into what you do. Anyway yes based on what I see and what the statics say I believe that Dupree will end up being one of the best players in this class. There is no proof with this just projection. I'm actually anxious to see if Quinn and company feel the same way after spending some time with him. They have a lot more info than we ever will so I will defer to their judgement even if I feel that they have made the wrong decision. Still if you think Dupree was not on the radar till the combine you have not been paying attention. He was a big feature early in the year at the MSU game where he was the freak of the week. Here is the clip. You may not have known anything about him till the combine because you have not been paying attention.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11759434

Says you. It usually takes the media some time to catch up to where real talent people have some prospects. Dupree has been on the radar for a while most places. However something that gets missed is no 2 teams boards look the same. You see when you start setting up your board you are projecting players based how you think they fit into what you do. Anyway yes based on what I see and what the statics say I believe that Dupree will end up being one of the best players in this class. There is no proof with this just projection. I'm actually anxious to see if Quinn and company feel the same way after spending some time with him. They have a lot more info than we ever will so I will defer to their judgement even if I feel that they have made the wrong decision. Still if you think Dupree was not on the radar till the combine you have not been paying attention. He was a big feature early in the year at the MSU game where he was the freak of the week. Here is the clip. You may not have known anything about him till the combine because you have not been paying attention.

No. I've known who Dupree was for a very long time. He's the guy who shows up for a few plays then disappears for the rest of the game. And I'm not disputing the fact that he has physical traits that could make him dominant down the road, but you keep stating that Dupree is the best football player in the class and that is just so dam false. He might not even be in the top 100 technique and instinct-wise. And stop giving me all this bull about the media. This has nothing to do with that.

74 tackles says he shows up for most games. So without question Dupree is producing all the time while being asked to do so many different things.

Now when I say that I think he will end up the best football player in this class that is not really false it is just my opinion and I could be wrong, but I think he could be as he does show some of the traits and where he lands will make all the difference. When you say it is false that is your opinion and you are entitled to it but as of yet the is no proof one way or another only projection.

Don't think there is any chance that Ogbuehi goes before the 4th now with the "chronic" knee issues. Also don't think Shaq lasts past the 2nd, or Coates past the 3rd, but if so **** of a job

Coates is the one I am most concerned about I do think Shaq will make it to the third. Coats has a couple of issues that could cause him to slip a bit it will depend really who is left on the board.

Last I heard about Ogbuehi is he visited and we liked him have not heard the knees were chronic.

Edited by Sobeit

Got to agree here Bud is being thrown up there on measurables and what he could be the latter being the key.I we do take him at 8 we better be real sure that ths guy pans out because for me Bud is thee definition of BOOM or BUST.