Dc Cinematic Universe

I imagine way less people are interested in this, but it's only fair. I started this thread because I couldn't figure out where to post this horribly depressing bull****.

I was insanely excited about Jared Leto being cast as The Joker. It may have been the most perfect casting choice of all time, and I'm not even being sarcastic. It was a brilliantly inspired choice giving his recent work. And then this picture happened- the final look of the Joker in the upcoming Suicide Squad movie. I am devastated, brose.

If you photoshopped my brain's conjuration of the worst looking Joker of all time, and then had an 80's punk rocker from England rape that same image- this would be the child that they would eventually throw in the dumpster 9 months later:

suicide_squad_leto.jpg

Edited by The Shotfather

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This also leads me to believe that this Joker will definitely have a more comic book scheme to wreaking havoc... Maybe more along the lines of the Batman Arkham games.

More of an unpredictable psychopath than an anarchist with a death wish, a la the Dark Knight.

But seriously, they need to get rid of that 'Damaged,' forehead tattoo.

More of an unpredictable psychopath than an anarchist with a death wish, a la the Dark Knight.

But seriously, they need to get rid of that 'Damaged,' forehead tattoo.

Ok hang with me for a second.

The damaged tattoo can actually be a really cool thing in the movie.

Alright I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they will let the Joker's hair flow downward much like it sorta is in Batman Beyond. (Side note the Joker is also older in that show much like Batman is supposed to be in these movies) Now with the Joker's hair flowing downward you really won't be able to see the "damaged" tattoo, and if you can it'll be really spotty, which IMO would look cool. I mean imagine this for a second. After leaving a crime scene where Commisioner Gordon just missed capturing the Joker... Gordon yells at the Clown Prince of Crime why did you do all of this or something of that nature. This leads to the Joker screeching out a mad laugh all the while slicking back his hair where Gordon reads the word "damaged." To me that'd be pretty cool! Just my opinion tho.

Looks horrible, they should've retired Joker's cinematic appearances after Ledger passed. Nobody will ever hold a candle to his performance.

They should not retire the joker character and no one should be expected to out perform ledger. Said it before, ledger killed himself, not the character he portrayed. This joker models something from cartoons and comics. Almost all of Christopher Nolans character portrayals were his own ideas. I think ledger is the one that came up with his look. Could be wrong

A lot of people are complaining about the tattoo's and saying he has a grill. You have to think of all the battles he's had over the years with Batman. In comics there are panels of him actually spitting out his own teeth. And all the fights he's had in jail with other inmates wanting to be the one to kill the Joker. As far as the tattoos we all know Joker has been in Prison. What did he do to kill time? Get tattooed just like any other inmate. He probably wasn't always in maximum security. But anyway that's why I love the pic because it tells a story.

sosnfyg-133349-320x480.jpg