If I called the shots on this upcoming draft day...

post-187768-0-86473100-1422011125_thumb.
THE 2015 NFL DRAFT BEGINS...

1st Round

1) Jameis Winston QB TB

Tampa hopes to have found their franchise QB.

2) Marcus Mariota QB TEN

After some debate, TEN can't pass up Mariota.

3) Leonard Williams DL JAC

Jags are stoked to get "best player in the "draft."

4) Kevin White WR OAK

OAK gives their QB a great young target.

5) Dante Fowler Jr. OLB WAS

Washington replaces Orakpo.

6) Vic Beasley OLB NYJ

The Jets cannot pass up Beasley's ability here.

7) Danny Shelton DT CHI

Chicago is sick of getting gashed by run games.

8) *FALCONS TRADE 8 overall pick to BROWNS for 12 and 77

· Amari Cooper WR CLE

o The Browns had a glimpse of what a stud WR can do for an offense. However, Josh Gordon has proved to be undependable. The Browns cough up a 3rd to grab what they believe to be the best WR in this year’s draft.

9) La’el Collins OT NYG

​The Giants need their QB to stay upright to throw to Beckham Jr. and Donnell this year.

10) Brandon Scherff OL STL

The Rams look to fortify their OL here.

11) Trae Waynes CB MIN

The Vikings get gifted with the best CB in the draft.

12) The Atlanta Falcons select Bud Dupree DE Kentucky

a. With amazing talent and great college production, the Falcons hope they have found the stud defensive player that can cure their pass rushing woes. The coaching staff can’t wait to coach the monster out from inside of him. Falcons loved their personal time with him.

2nd Round

· *FALCONS TRADE 42, 107 overall picks to TEXANS for 51, 82, 116

o 42) Breshad Perriman WR HOU

§ The Texans make a decent sized leap for a player they hope will prove to be an elite pairing with DeAndre Hopkins, helping fans forget about Andre Johnson’s departure. Surrendering their 2nd 3rd and swapping 4th’s with Atlanta and receiving Atlanta’s 2nd round pick.

· 51) The Atlanta Falcons select Damarious Randall FS Arizona St

o The Falcons feel that Randall can make waves as a rookie playing center field free safety in their heralded new defensive scheme. He rose up draft boards and the Falcons could see why. They feel the ball-hawking safety will be a mainstay in their new defense for years to come. Falcons loved their personal time with him.

3rd Round

*Only Atlanta Falcons Selections

· 73) Cedric Ogbuehi OL Texas A&M

o The Falcons brought in Ogbuehi for a workout and were sold on his value after the 2nd round. They see an instant starter on their offensive line for next year. He has a lot of talent and could excel at many areas on the OL.

· 77) David Johnson, RB N Iowa

o The Falcons love his talent, and feel he is worthy of being a much higher pick. They feel he will be an excellent complement to Freeman and Smith in their backfield. Falcons knew he was the RB after their time with him.

· 82) Paul Dawson MLB TCU

o After a poor combine and pre-draft season, the Falcons grab a highly successful defensive player with a large chip on his shoulder. The tape is excellent, but teams were shy to select him due to measurable. The Falcons FO saw a great football player at tremendous value here in the 3rd. He is a bit rough around the edges, but Quinn, after Dawson's visit, feels he has a fire that is needed in his front 7.

4th Round

· 116) Mark Glowinski, OG West Virginia

o The Falcons continue to fortify their front lines, with another offensive line with great potential. He could develop into an early starter and he presents the team with much improve depth and competition inside.

5th Round

· 146) Chaz Green, OT Florida

o The Falcons take a gamble on a highly talented, but oft injured prospect in Green. Despite all of his injuries in college, scouts still rave and pushed him into the mid draft conversation because of his athleticism and skill set. Falcons were very impressed after his personal time with them.

6th Round

· 185) Mario Alford WR West Virginia

o He can take the top off of a defense. The Falcons are excited coach and draw up plays for this explosive, home-run hitter. The Falcons fell in love with him after his personal visit, he should be an electric talent for them who fell to 6th due to a deep WR draft and size questions.

7th Round

· 225) Nick Marshall CB Auburn

o The Falcons add high upside, big CB prospect who they have shown interest in. He is extremely talented and simply wants to make it work in the NFL. The Falcons are excited to get to work with him.

· 249) Tray Walker CB Texas Southern

o The Falcons double up on another high upside, big CB prospect who they have shown interest in. He has a lot of ability, but needs direction. They are clearly banking on Trufant, Alford, Southward, and Adams at CB. The competition should be fierce between Walker, Marshall, Mabin, and Allen.

28v3ath.png

****DISCLAIMER****

This is NOT necessarily what I believe WILL happen... It COULD happen... But, OBVIOUSLY, 2 trade downs is not supremely likely. We usually do pull off some trades however and I would try to do what I have presented to you.

Edited by FalconBlood

This may be the best draft that I've seen on these boards. Great job!

I think CB earlier may be the way it will go instead but even saying that I'm not sure I would take away from anywhere else. I think you see that as well which is why you doubled up on CB at the end of the draft with high potential players.

The value for the picks you have are awesome!

Edited by ATLFalcons11

I mainly selected players we have been rumored to have had interest in and have officially met with. I went against a few players I have personally loved, for that mindset. But I agree with most of you guy's comments. I agree, i like bigger WRs but the team keeps working out small fast fellas. I also would be interested in late round TEs but I don't like the ones the team has worked out, personally. I agree Ogbuehi and his injuries is scary, which is what makes him such a great 3rd round selection if he falls, less risk for a guy with 1st round talent.