With Shane Ray's Toe, Randy Gregory's Weed, Bud Dupree's Poor Technique And Vic Beasley's Run Defense - Here Is A Thought...

g-dawg

Seems to me that passrushers are falling down the draft board right now. Then you have others wanting Todd Gurley - seems players that the Falcons might be interested in are falling down the draft board - if so, why not just make this easier and Trade the F down?

I do think TATF is higher on Vic Beasley than the NFL GMs are - While I did not agree w/ "Hair Helmet & McGay's TV Combo Mock" tonite, it did have all passrushers except for Fowler falling to #8 - then Kiper picks Dupree for Falcons w/ both Beasley and Ray still on the board - as well as Gregory. If it really fell like that, I believe the best move would be to see if you could bug outta the pick.

I could be happy w/ Shane Ray, Vic Beasely or Bud Dupree but I would be happier at them say at #12(Browns) while pocketing a 3rd rounder - and I would be indifferent enough accross those three guys - knowing that at least one would fall - that I would risk losing my favorite of the three.

The silly truth of it all is none of us know definitively who of those three will be the best passrusher in the NFL.....

if we can trade down, we should do it. Seems like Falcons spot at #8 would be a "WR spot" for someone looking to come up to get either Kevin White or DeVante Parker (assuming Amari Cooper is gone).

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Trade too far down and the talent starts to mirror the second round...lol

yeah, I would not trade down unless I had multiple targets - and probably would not trade down past #12 - it would depend on how the first 7 went. Say it went something like this:

1. Bucs - Jameis Winston
  2. Titans - Marcus Mariota
  3. Jags - Amari Cooper (McGay had this, I could see it - Dave Caldwell is a Dimitroff clone)
  4. Raiders - Leonard Williams6
  5. Redskins - Dante Fowler, Jr.
  6. Jets - Vic Beasley
  7. Bears - Kevin White
  8. Falcons - *****Shane Ray, Randy Gregory, Bud Dupree still on the board*****

How far could the Falcons trade down and still get one of these three guys above? Given Ray's toe and Gregory's reefer, I would say you could easily trade down 5-7 spots and still get one of them - also, I would be able to stomach Gurley at #15 or so with maybe a 3rd and 4th rounder in return as well - so that gives you FOUR decent options.

If the board fell like that, a trade down 4-7 spots would probably be a good move.

Seems to me that passrushers are falling down the draft board right now. Then you have others wanting Todd Gurley - seems players that the Falcons might be interested in are falling down the draft board - if so, why not just make this easier and Trade the F down?

I do think TATF is higher on Vic Beasley than the NFL GMs are - While I did not agree w/ "Hair Helmet & McGay's TV Combo Mock" tonite, it did have all passrushers except for Fowler falling to #8 - then Kiper picks Dupree for Falcons w/ both Beasley and Ray still on the board - as well as Gregory. If it really fell like that, I believe the best move would be to see if you could bug outta the pick.

I could be happy w/ Shane Ray, Vic Beasely or Bud Dupree but I would be happier at them say at #12(Browns) while pocketing a 3rd rounder - and I would be indifferent enough accross those three guys - knowing that at least one would fall - that I would risk losing my favorite of the three.

The silly truth of it all is none of us know definitively who of those three will be the best passrusher in the NFL.....

if we can trade down, we should do it. Seems like Falcons spot at #8 would be a "WR spot" for someone looking to come up to get either Kevin White or DeVante Parker (assuming Amari Cooper is gone).

Too much common sense.

Ban

I'd rather trade down and draft Gurley. I get a potential star RB with 7 more picks left for other needs. Yes, please.

I don't want Gurley at #8 - still think we should draft a passrusher there - but if we traded down and drafted Gurley - it would definitely be more palatable.

If the Falcons trade down and get Gurley, nobody is mad, even if Gurley is only a good RB in the long run. If the Falcons trade down and draft another Peter Konz or Jamaal Anderson, devoted fans will be pissed and casual fans will be bored. Trade down, get a potential superstar, work on the other needs from there.

bbdance571.jpg

1989 draft

1. Dallas - Troy Aikman, QB - HOF

2. Green Bay - Tony Mandarich, OT - Epic Bust

3. Detroit - Barry Sanders, RB - HOF (best RB in history of NFL)

4. KC Chiefs - Derrick Thomas, OLB - HOF

5. Atlanta - Deion Sanders, CB - HOF (best CB in history of NFL)

it is one thing to draft a bust in the top 5 - happens every year - but to do it when the next three picks were Hall of Famers - just wow. Makes me feel a little better after being pizzed that Glanville/Herock got ripped off in Favre trade.

G-Dawg you had me on the ropes... I thought you were about to throw a Gurlie to Atlantie out there with that thread title

sorry, can't do it.

I want to be clear though - before the draft happens. I will be excited if Falcons get Gurley - I love the player.....but I still think it is the wrong move. I will only say it is "less wrong" if they trade down and get him.

1989 draft

1. Dallas - Troy Aikman, QB - HOF

2. Green Bay - Tony Mandarich, OT - Epic Bust

3. Detroit - Barry Sanders, RB - HOF (best RB in history of NFL)

4. KC Chiefs - Derrick Thomas, OLB - HOF

5. Atlanta - Deion Sanders, CB - HOF (best CB in history of NFL)

it is one thing to draft a bust in the top 5 - happens every year - but to do it when the next three picks were Hall of Famers - just wow. Makes me feel a little better after being pizzed that Glanville/Herock got ripped off in Favre trade.

btw, you young guys may not know this - the franchise tag was in place when Deion Sanders became a free agent - that is how stupid Falcons front office and ownership was - idiots!

Just wondering.....Who with any real cred says pass rushers are falling?

I wish the Falcons traded up for Barry Sanders. They had 2 first round picks in that draft. How are you gonna stop Barry Sanders + Chris Miller?

disagree. Deion was a great player and he was a fun player - I remember when we drafted him and the local news channel was following him thru the airport - he was in his jewelry and jerry curl - crackn' jokes - he was "welcome to atlanta where the playas play" - before Atlanta had any swag at all.

It was not Deion's fault that Falcons were too stupid to franchise him and sign him long term.

22706689_SA.jpg