Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Knight of God

Gurlie To Atlantie Nowie

I would say "WTF ... DAM.".

Then I would welcome him and love him like I've always wanted him. Why? because then he would be a Falcon.

You're a better man than me. I would place Gregory where I place the rest of the guys I consider saboteurs.

Not everyone. I have, and will continue to say, that we must build dominant lines to win a superbowl. If a dominant pass rusher that fits Quinn's scheme is there (edge or otherwise) I say get him. Otherwise, build up our offensive line, which is badly needed. Under no circumstances do I think we should take a receiver or a RB at # 8. It is all about the lines. Always has been. Always will be.

good post. I remember when Falcons drafted Julio his detractors loved quoting the aricle calling him a "shiny hood ornament" (yes, this means you FFS1970). Well, Gurley with no offensive line and a defense with no pass rushers is a fantasy football team.

good post. I remember when Falcons drafted Julio his detractors loved quoting the aricle calling him a "shiny hood ornament". Well, Gurley with no offensive line and a defense with no pass rushers is a fantasy football team.

exactly what Gurley will be. A shiny hood ornament.

good post. I remember when Falcons drafted Julio his detractors loved quoting the aricle calling him a "shiny hood ornament" (yes, this means you FFS1979). Well, Gurley with no offensive line and a defense with no pass rushers is a fantasy football team.

So you want a OL or something, because the edge rushers are not that good after a couple of them...I would prefer others, but if the Saints move to get Beasley...not so sure there is anyone I would put my money on.

I have a a few legit questions though. And yes I have seen him play. But it seemed to me like when he got injured last season that the backup RB done equally as well or not far off.

Would that mean that the backup or #2 RB is just as good?

Or the Scheme for that team gives proficient RB's a chance to flurish?

Or in other words, could his numbers and college career be credited more on scheme and blockers rather than pure skill?

I know I will get flamed for these questions, but I am asking them anyway. I don't keep up with College Football as much as most people here on the forums do and that's why I am asking. Rather than flaming me, how about explaining to me why I might be wrong with these questions because I'm not saying that the Falcons shouldn't draft ANY PLAYER AT ANY POSITION, I'm just asking why? And posting highlight films and saying numbers prove this that and other things mean nothing. Please re-read the start of my reply if that's what you think, there are questions in there.

Smart move would be as most say for the Falcons to draft a defensive pass rusher, "Vic Beasley" which I would be fine with that scenario.

But I want to point out a recent NFL analyst review of the Falcons current status that I thought was interesting. Sorry, it was on NFL Network, can't remember who said it. But they said that if the defense can improve to the mid teens or say 16 or so that the Falcons should be right back in the playoffs because of the offense as it stands right now will be putting up points.

So, with that being said, Why not draft Amari Cooper and go ahead and put Roddy in the Slot? Or go 4 wide with Julio, Roddy, Hester, Cooper? It's a crazy thought I know, but not only would you be drafting Roddy's future replacement when he retires but the offense could make up for where the defense is lacking by putting up points.

In my opinion, the last few years the Falcons offense was suffering because the powers that be with the coaching staff were afraid to go ahead and score and would rather try and play clock management, we all know how that worked out. Yea the Falcons defense needs help, but it has gotten some improvement through FA's and new defensive scheme should help, same could be said with the offense.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is the Falcons room for improvement glass half empty or half full?

Lot's of questions, some of which wont be answered until after the draft and the start of the season.

Either way, Kudos to every single Falcons fan out there who has posted information about players and the team and news, that really does mean a lot. I don't watch much college football because I have too many friends who like too many different teams and it's better that I let them argue among themselves with their private friendly rilvary jargon stuff. But they all know I am a die hard Atlanta Falcons fan, so it's all cool.... It's all for entertainment and fun. It's still nice to see your team win and impose it's will sometimes.

Just a few of my thoughts and opinions. And for the record if KOG says GURLEY, then over the years reading his pre-draft post I must say, he knows what he's talking about because a lot of what he has had to say about players drafted by the Falcons or not drafted has more times than not turned out to be true from what I have read.

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would say "WTF ... DAM.".

Then I would welcome him and love him like I've always wanted him. Why? because then he would be a Falcon.

exactly. I was not

exactly thrilled with Jake Matthews pick - but once he puts on Red-n-Black, then he's my home boy.

I have a a few legit questions though. And yes I have seen him play. But it seemed to me like when he got injured last season that the backup RB done equally as well or not far off.

Or in other words, could his numbers and college career be credited more on scheme and blockers rather than pure skill?

I know I will get flamed for these questions, but I am asking them anyway. I don't keep up with College Football as much as most people here on the forums do and that's why I am asking. Rather than flaming me, how about explaining to me why I might be wrong with these questions because I'm not saying that the Falcons shouldn't draft ANY PLAYER AT ANY POSITION, I'm just asking why? And posting highlight films and saying numbers prove this that and other things mean nothing. Please re-read the start of my reply if that's what you think, there are questions in there.

Smart move would be as most say for the Falcons to draft a defensive pass rusher, "Vic Beasley" which I would be fine with that scenario.

But I want to point out a recent NFL analyst review of the Falcons current status that I thought was interesting. Sorry, it was on NFL Network, can't remember who said it. But they said that if the defense can improve to the mid teens or say 16 or so that the Falcons should be right back in the playoffs because of the offense as it stands right now will be putting up points.

So, with that being said, Why not draft Amari Cooper and go ahead and put Roddy in the Slot? Or go 4 wide with Julio, Roddy, Hester, Cooper? It's a crazy thought I know, but not only would you be drafting Roddy's future replacement when he retires but the offense could make up for where the defense is lacking by putting up points.

In my opinion, the last few years the Falcons offense was suffering because the powers that be with the coaching staff were afraid to go ahead and score and would rather try and play clock management, we all know how that worked out. Yea the Falcons defense needs help, but it has gotten some improvement through FA's and new defensive scheme should help, same could be said with the offense.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is the Falcons room for improvement glass half empty or half full?

Lot's of questions, some of which wont be answered until after the draft and the start of the season.

Either way, Kudos to every single Falcons fan out there who has posted information about players and the team and news, that really does mean a lot. I don't watch much college football because I have too many friends who like too many different teams and it's better that I let them argue among themselves with their private friendly rilvary jargon stuff. But they all know I am a die hard Atlanta Falcons fan, so it's all cool.... It's all for entertainment and fun. It's still nice to see your team win and impose it's will sometimes.

Just a few of my thoughts and opinions. And for the record if KOG says GURLEY, then over the years reading his pre-draft post I must say, he knows what he's talking about.

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure how the knee is man. I'm just at a place where I really don't believe in any of the options we will be left with if Beasley and ray are gone. Then you have Scherff and Co and while neat, you still need a pass rush and another RB. Unlike most think, you can't always find someone later on. I hope Freeman pans out, but I'm not sold. I am not a UGA fan, in fact I'm a rival. I did watch most of the games last year though because of Gurley. I also like Marshall's heart. Enjoyed Chubb, but not as much.

So you want a OL or something, because the edge rushers are not that good after a couple of them...I would prefer others, but if the Saints move to get Beasley...not so sure there is anyone I would put my money on.

I am just philosophically opposed to a 1st rd RB, much less a top 10 - I would take another shiny hood ornament that can play at elite level for 10yrs vs an elite RB that can play half the number of yrs at a high level.

yep

If there is ANY RB I wouldbbe biased for, it is Gurley - my fav UGA player since Herschel 20+ yrs ago.

Just a few of my thoughts and opinions. And for the record if KOG says GURLEY, then over the years reading his pre-draft post I must say, he knows what he's talking about because a lot of what he has had to say about players drafted by the Falcons or not drafted has more times than not turned out to be true from what I have read.

Chubb is a beast too. But not on the same planet with Gurley.

I am just philosophically to a 1st rd RB, much less a top 10 - I would take another shiny hood ornament that can play at elite level for 10yrs vs an elite RB that can play half the number of yrs at a high level.

I gotcha man.

God I can't wait until we draft Dupree at 8 overall

Thought you wanted Gregs?

Nick Chubb is a very talented back, one of the top high school recruits. Him and Gurley both benefit from a great OLine, but both are rare talents in my opinion. That said, I still want Gurley at 8. I know a lot of you say draft one in mid rounds because the zbs can make ok backs good.

Think about how great the zbs can do with an amazing talent.