Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Knight of God

Gurlie To Atlantie Nowie

Gurley doesn't need to be mentioned in the same breath as AP. It isn't close. Gurley is a great RB and one of the best in this draft but the majority of this is hype. Just you wait. Would be willing to bet money 3-4 other RBs will be within a couple hundred yards of whatever Gurley does, if not doing better than him. The value at #8 is nonexistent. Smh.

Wooooo boy, i'm bookmarking this for future reference.

Wooooo boy, i'm bookmarking this for future reference.

You know what? I like that idea.

Tell you what. Let's make a bet. It can be for whatever you want that's AFMB related. If Gurley is this tremendous value you say he is, then he needs to be significantly better than any other RB selected, yeah? Well, if he rushes for 200+ yards more than the next leading rookie RB, you win the bet. Know what, I'll sweeten that, 200+ yards more than the leading rookie RB selected in the 2nd round or later. Not even including Melvin Gordon or any other RB selected in the 1st. That's all he needs. 200 yards. But if not - if he isn't clearly more valuable than the rookie RBs selected in the 2nd round and after - I win. You name the terms of the AFMB bet. I'm down for whatever.

Tell you what. Let's make a bet. It can be for whatever you want that's AFMB related. If Gurley is this tremendous value you say he is, then he needs to be significantly better than any other RB selected, yeah? Well, if he rushes for 200+ yards more than the next leading rookie RB, you win the bet. Know what, I'll sweeten that, 200+ yards more than the leading rookie RB selected in the 2nd round or later. Not even including Melvin Gordon or any other RB selected in the 1st. That's all he needs. 200 yards. But if not - if he isn't clearly more valuable than the rookie RBs selected in the 2nd round and after - I win. You name the terms of the AFMB bet. I'm down for whatever.

Screen names on the line?

I'm still shocked you aint with the program. Buddy is probably a better value than all of them edge rushers, Olinemen, DBs and WRs. Come on bro. We got seven more days to fill up the wagon. Get on by Sunday and you can ride in the front with the rest of us. Wise up.

I like the player - if we draft Gurley, I will be on board - I just don't think it is the right move. I want a 10yr impact player - not 5.

Loser has to buy waffle house.

After watching this video, Gurley might have moved ahead of Beasley for me. I mean Beasley is getting rooted out of run plays by 230 pound TEs, while Gurley is ripping off 150 yards and 2 TDs.

Good runs: 75 yard TD, 22 yards, 12 yard TD, 23 yards

Middling runs: 4 yards, 6 yards, 5 yards

Bad runs: -1 yard, 2 yards, 2 yards, 1 yard, 3 yards

His biggest play came on a blown assignment where he was literally untouched. Half of his yards on that 75 yard TD. On top of that, Beasley actually set the edge very well and was only blocked out of the play a grand total of one time (once!) and yes, it was by a TE. He also landed a devastating sack. You might be seeing #9 as #3 and mistaking them, #9 did get blocked out a few more times.

Either way, Gurley's a beast, just not worth #8 when there will be other beasts in the 2nd and 3rd - in my opinion.

no offense to KOG, one of my favs on the board....

but I have to laugh at how momentum is built-up on the Falcons messageboard.

In the last 2.5 months,

everyone loved Shane Ray - then he became #2

everyone loved Vic Beasley - he is still very popular

most loved Todd Gurley but did not deem it smart to take him w/ top ten pick

in the last 24 hours, everyone is "Gurley Crazy"...

it is just funny to me.

I still love Beasley. I just don't think we have a chance. I still love Ray, I just fear the toe. Always saw Gurley as a fallback if not Collins.

Not everyone. I have, and will continue to say, that we must build dominant lines to win a superbowl. If a dominant pass rusher that fits Quinn's scheme is there (edge or otherwise) I say get him. Otherwise, build up our offensive line, which is badly needed. Under no circumstances do I think we should take a receiver or a RB at # 8. It is all about the lines. Always has been. Always will be.

Yezzir